It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria drafting reserves in preparation for Israeli attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Syria drafting reserves in preparation for Israeli attack

www.jpost.com

Damascus is preparing for a large-scale Israeli attack on Syria and Hizbullah, London-based Al-Quds Al-Arabi reported Wednesday.

According to the report, the Syrian army has been maneuvering its forces and drafting some of its reserve forces in preparation for such a contingency.

Damascus has also raised the alert level along its borders, and has placed three armored divisions, nine infantry brigades and special forces near its border with Lebanon's Bekaa valley, fearing an Israeli infiltrati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It looks like Syria is bracing for something to happen soon...

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Wow, that sounds serious. This lends more validity to the Russian rumor of an attack taking place on April 6th. Although that rumor is more related to the US attacking Iran, but I would have to imagine that Israel would join in the fun as soon as something kicks off. They may even start it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Forget about that Iran April 6th story. As I tried to explain on the thread, the story is a year old. Someone got mixed up with the exact same story posted all over the web a year ago and now people are reporting it all over again. It's the exact same story. Look :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

winterpatriot.blogspot.com...

www.jpost.com...

forums.randi.org...

www.peacechicken.com...

phorums.com.au...

www.governmentdirt.com... ed
www.youtube.com...

www.blogsofwar.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

How many links does it take for people to see this

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rangeroftheeast

Yes, I know you have provided those links and there was a story last year. There still seems to be a lot of strange things in the air right now. The Cheney tour of the ME where he took time to warn the Saudis to prepare for nuclear fallout comes to mind.

So, I still feel that an attack on Iran could come soon. If Israel were to nuke Syria (Fulfilling the warning to the Saudis), I would bet Iran would bomb Israel, which would then give us the green light to attack Iran. The time line could also fit with the April 6th story, regardless of when it was posted. It may just be a coincidence, but it sure feels like something is going to happen.

Countries don't call up their reserves if they don't think it is pretty important and immanent.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here is a supporting story:

"Israel has reportedly unveiled plans to prepare for missile strikes it believes will be launched by states like Iran and Syria."

www.presstv.ir...

During the five-day preparation operation, Israel will reportedly simulate conventional and non-conventional missile strikes to test emergency response against Iran and Syria as well as the evacuation of cities.

The operation is slated to begin on April 6

Something is about to go down.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Great addition, Karl, Star!

Wow! Tensions rise... as i was reading the article, some hairs on my neck
got raised, when i think of Biblical Prophecy about end-times... the USA
& Isreal both; don't mess around when it comes to war!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Where it says "non-conventional" missile strikes... read "nuclear".

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.infolive.tv...

Syria believes Israel will attack Hizbullah pre-emptively, and that the IDF may cut off the Beirut-Damascus Road in order to stop arms from being shipped to Hizbullah.

Sources in Damascus say Syria has been calling up reservist soldiers for what the country believes will be an Israeli strike on Hizbullah. Syria came up with the idea after remarks from people in the Israeli Government that it deemed to be a suggestion that Israel is preparing public opinion for war.

Hizbullah has repeatedly called for Israel's destruction, and has vowed to attack Israeli and Jewish targets worldwide what what it believes was Israel's involvement in the killing of Hizbullah leader Imad Mugniyah. Mugniyah killed hundreds of civilians during his 30-year career in terror.

Hizbullah has been stockpiling weapons since the Second Lebanon War. In fact, the terrorist group now has about three times as many weapons as it had in 2006. Iran and Syria passed on about 10,000 long range missiles that can hit Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem, and 20,000 more rockets that can be fired roughly 70km. 4/2/2008

Seems this is new not an old story theres a video on the web site.

Live leak also has the same video story.www.liveleak.com...

But that doean't mean its not a Bush type trick of repeating news stories at later dates for political gains. Bush reported killing terrorist over and over again. He killed and captured one guy like five times.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Hamas Supports Palestinian State Within '67 Borders, But Still Holds That Israel Should Be Destroyed
Hamas Political Chief Khaled Masha'al surprised many today as he announced Hamas will agree to a Palestinian State within the 1967 borders. Masha'al told a Palestinian newspaper that he would uphold a vote in 2006 that created a consensus regarding the borders of a Palestinian State. He says that commitment is acceptable to the Arab World.

But, Masha'al also said that Palestinians must be able to move to Israel-proper, and was unwilling to budge on Hamas' charter which demands that Israel be destroyed. Hamas will also not recognize Israel's right to exist. Masha'al said Hamas will commit to a cease-fire only if it includes both Gaza and the West Bank. 4/2/2008

There is also a video on the link to the web site.
Seems like things are heating up due to a number of things Israel war games, Israel making a peace offering and the Hamas leader execpting what they offer and saying Israel should still be destroyed.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes,tensions are rising. I do not see however Israel attacking Syria. No reason and no point in it.
But if Hizballah makes a very deadly attack there might be retaliation, but it is again poor Lebanon to suffer,not Syria.
Or it might be part of Iran plan to prevent its reactors being bombed - to constantly keep Syria mobilized and thus to make Israel think dozen of times before striking it. What Syria gets from it is unclear however.
Anyway, i am very worried.

new topics

top topics

join