It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - The new Fox News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Was just watching CNN and Jesse Ventura was on. He said he found it unreal that President Clinton was impeached based on lies with his sex life, yet Bush got aware with leading a country to war based on lies.

Larry King then asked the "CNN Analyst" what she thought about it. She responded by saying, "No, I think they are separate issues" and changed the subject.

I know I've seen that attitude somewhere...

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just noticed I am now a foe of yours so I figurd I'd at least take a look at your history.

In reply to this thread...
The New Fox is always going to be whatever network you think is not supporting your own view.

My take on Fox is that they have a different perspective on the news, one that does not jibe well with the liberal view of things but jibes very well with conservatives. It is exactly the opposite for the other networks.

Your bias colors your view of "fair and balanced" just like it doe conservatives. So the new Fox will always be the network you feel isn't supporting your view.

and the band marches on.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I think they are separate issues"

They ARE separate issues. (just listen, I think you'll mostly agree Sublime! )

Clinton should have been impeached because he lied under oath. It wasnt' about his sex life. It was about him telling lies under oath in a sexual harrassment law suit. (For us women .. that is a big deal) He should have been impeached AND disbarred.

Cheney (who really runs this country) hasn't legally been proven (*note - I said proven) in a legal court to be guilty of anything. Neither has the State Department which supplied faulty information to the Senate. There has to be an investigation AND proof of guilt in a legal setting before anyone can be impeached.

Bush can't be impeached. I'm thinking he should be committed for at least 'a rest' ... but that too would have to be proven by court appointed shrinks.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
I just noticed I am now a foe of yours so I figurd I'd at least take a look at your history.

I honestly don't even remember adding you, or what you posted about. Might have just pushed the button by accident.

Originally posted by gormly
The New Fox is always going to be whatever network you think is not supporting your own view.

I disagree. I appreciate the opposite point of view most of the time. The only time I don't is when it is so wrong that it's offensive - such as this case.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Cheney (who really runs this country) hasn't legally been proven (*note - I said proven) in a legal court to be guilty of anything. Neither has the State Department which supplied faulty information to the Senate. There has to be an investigation AND proof of guilt in a legal setting before anyone can be impeached.

As I recall, and it was a few years back so I could be, they refused to refused to be under oath.

Imagine if Clinton did that? Look, sexual harrassment is not okay, I know that, but it's not killing anyone. We were sent to an unnecessary war and to this day have not been give one true reason to be there.

Not one person has been held accountable.

I don't mind them having that point of view on their show, but they should then at least have an "expert" there with enough spine to argue back with the lady.

I expect that kind of "news" out of Bill O'Reilly, but I always held CNN to a little bit of a higher standard (a little bit). Not anymore, not lately. This is just one example of them turning into Fox.

top topics

join