It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is up with gas prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So what is going on with the prices of GAS man? I heard somewhere it's up to 4.00 a gallon? 1200 dollars to fill a big rig, 100 dollars to fill a pickup truck, 50 dollars to fill an "economy" car... Doesn't our government realize the price of gas more or less controls everything!!!???

If they keep jacking up the price of gas nobody will be able to afford anything... Everything we buy goes up in price when gas goes up in price... I really think people need to really consider not buying gas anymore... Companies need to start investing in new technologies, like electric power for their vehicles... Even if they have to buy gas they could still offset it quite a bit with electric technology, which we've had since 1901 as far as I know, maybe even before that...

Can't you see what this is going to do to society... It's going to break down, everyone will lose their homes to the banks, won't be able to drive and yet won't be able to sell the car either... nobody will have jobs because businesses will go under because nobody will be able to afford anything...

So next time you go to the pump and you see gas has gone up yet again, realize we are that much closer to a complete break down... Some will be able to afford things for a while... But when business can't support it's employees and people start to get laid off and the money dwindles down it will eventually hit everyone... The crazy thing is the banks will own everything... It's like making a wish that you had all the money in the world... That would be awesome, but you'd also be the only one in the world if that was the case... There is so much I could go into on this, but this is getting out of control... We need to do something now people!!!

I urge the users to share your theories or opinions on this... What do you think?

[edit on 1-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

[edit on 1-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I know everyone and their dog has posted on this, but I had just gone to the gas station and was ticked off a bit... Wanted to throw my 2 cents out there and hoped others felt my anger.. Was hoping you would comfort me in these hard times...
jk... But seriously this gas thing is bad...

Also why is that everyone talks about everything so much and always says things like, we need to do something, yet nobody ever does anything? This goes for everything and anything that threatens our existance etc.. Maybe we are waiting for the other guy to go first... who knows...

:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry for you, but I'm afraid inflation is kicking in. To quote a thread on ats"the feds printed money out of thin air". Next to that America is very much an oil based economy. Add those two things together and you get a ridicolous pricing at the gasstation. For a long time the Netherlands (where I live) looked at American gas prices as very cheap. No one drives pick ups here because they are to expensive in gas price. But now I think the prices in America are even higher than they are here.

I'm sorry to say this, but I think this is only the beginning of things getting more expensive for you. I know there's not much comfort in that, but maybe it can help you prepare for things a little.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Dude,you want to try living in England. It's getting f'ing rediculous. My local garage charges 104.9p per LITER It costs me £45/50 quid to fill my car up.

that works out like this. 50.00 GBP = 99.9385 USD

It's a good job it's only a small engine (1.6) I've seen people with over double that on the bill.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
I'm sorry for you, but I'm afraid inflation is kicking in. To quote a thread on ats"the feds printed money out of thin air". Next to that America is very much an oil based economy. Add those two things together and you get a ridicolous pricing at the gasstation. For a long time the Netherlands (where I live) looked at American gas prices as very cheap. No one drives pick ups here because they are to expensive in gas price. But now I think the prices in America are even higher than they are here.

I'm sorry to say this, but I think this is only the beginning of things getting more expensive for you. I know there's not much comfort in that, but maybe it can help you prepare for things a little.

I already know this, it just sucks... What was it in profits last year, like 150 billion? If they profit that much, then they don't need to raise the prices... There is no reason to raise them except for greed... It's gonna ruin everything like I mentioned above... Are they doing this on purpose? Cuz I can walk

I'll car poll with you k..

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sweet mother of God!

Does it realy take $1200 to fill a big Rig... that is INSANE!!! Is it like a 250 gallon tank on a big rig?

My local garage charges 104.9p per LITER

I hope you mean 10.49 a liter... which still means that you are paying a little more... just great for us to look forward to here...

In California we are paying over $4 now in MANY places...

Now everyone is going to start to make ethonal fuels, and in turn Drive up the coat of foods... we are going to have people starveing to death around the world, and in the US we will be turning millions of tons of corn into something to put in our cars...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Regular gas is $3.34 where I live and diesel is $4.05.

FTW

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't really think gas prices are really bad yet. I think Japan is paying 9 dollars a gallon?

I mean it's less than 300 dollars to drive across the U.S. for me at least. My car gets 25 mpg.

It's not like we fill up our gas tank every day. A full tank lasts me two weeks. Thats 80 dollars a month on gas. Thats really not that bad at all. My phone is more than that.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I traded in the car and got a motorcycle...even at 5 dollars a gallon it only costs 15 bucks for a tank!

Yeah it has it draw backs...but when everyone else is paying 60 70 or 100 bucks to fill their tank im gunna be just smiling!

Plus riding a bike is fun.

I get like 60 or 70 miles a gallon.

Im even trading the crusier (v-star 1100 custom) for a R6.

Look into it.

My bike payment is only 150 bucks a month, 16 dollars a month for insurance and 60 miles a gallon for gas.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's difficult because here in the US we live in such a big country with a massive amount of land and space and if you live anywhere outside of a big city then you HAVE to drive to get anywhere.

I live in a semi-rural area, I have to drive 10 miles to the nearest city to work and my fiance has to drive 30 miles to his work, there is no way to get around buying gas.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

Yeah, my fiance has a harley and that's what he rides to work during the Summer. Unfortunatly we live in the cold north and he can't ride it all year round.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Sweet mother of God!

Does it realy take $1200 to fill a big Rig... that is INSANE!!! Is it like a 250 gallon tank on a big rig?

My local garage charges 104.9p per LITER

I hope you mean 10.49 a liter... which still means that you are paying a little more... just great for us to look forward to here...

In California we are paying over $4 now in MANY places...

Now everyone is going to start to make ethonal fuels, and in turn Drive up the coat of foods... we are going to have people starveing to death around the world, and in the US we will be turning millions of tons of corn into something to put in our cars...

I know, so you think this is on purpose, do you think Bush is tanking the country to prepare us for something else, like martial law? I mean that makes sense to me... you be the judge..

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Hello

try living here in the UK its about $2 a LITRE

that said i dont drive but i do use public-ripoff-transport. i can see stables popping up next to the local starbucks soon, society regressing as such.

mad! i could get a rowing boat on the canal to work, take a bit of time but nice in summer

david

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Gas here in NW Ohio is up to 3.34 a gallon.

Luckily I don't have to commute too far. I recently kept
track and a full tank of gas lasted 28 days for me and
I drive a Chrysler Pacifica.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SuprDupr

Thats because you're always riding around in your husbands car, making him use his gas....

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Exactly!!!

And the problem with that is???

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

I think most people have a certain edge you can push them to (before they really start to act). Gas is about $3.50 / gallon here in the Seattle area. I'm seeing more hybrids and small cars on the road but still nothing like Europe. People still driving their gas guzzling pickups, SUVs, and sports cars. For me, I kind of have $3.80-4 / gallon as my "high price" before I investigate taking the bus to work.. which means getting up over an hour earlier!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Among other things I think the oil companies or our government needs to tell us why the prices keep going up... is it because there is less of it, or the cost to produce it when up? Inflation? Because those 3 reasons would make sense, however, i hear so much about how we have enough oil stored to run the country for 6 months... I also hear we have reserves that we are not tapping into and that there are bounties of oil still left around the world... If this is correct then we're not running out of oil... Then the only real reason would be production costs go up... But why would they go up? Have they stopped using the same technologies they used in the 70's when prices of gas were under a dollar a gallon? Or maybe it's just inflation and the fact that our dollar is becoming worthless... Either way, they profit big time, they are not struggling and this does not make sense... Isn't there a law or bill that protects us from price gouging? You know that law that prevents people from jacking the price of fuel to 10 dollars a gallon during times of crisis or other? It's like big brother can do it to the entire country, but one gas station can't do it at all... It's not right for a gas station to jack up prices and it's not right for the government to do, in my opinion, the same thing... Is there not a way to fight this?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Regular gas is now $3.45 for me. I can't take this crap.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That's an 11 cent jump from yesterday. That's friggin ridiculous!

Can't wait to see how much it's gonna be this summer. :shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join