It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trucker's Strike Gaining Momentum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It appears that this movement is gaining the attention of all truckers nationwide. It will be interesting to see what happens. I see the media is playing both sides of the fence in order to stir emotions.

www.flatheadbeacon.com...

Sam Collett says brace yourself – the big strike is coming.

Across the country, owner-operator and independent truck drivers have been orchestrating isolated strikes and holdouts to protest soaring diesel prices, including a large informal effort recently started by a truck driver in Missouri named Dan Little.

Collett, who has been a truck driver for more than 40 years and participated in four national truckers’ strikes, thinks Little’s movement could grow into a massive strike like the ones he remembers from the past.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am behind them but it wont help. they will use it as another excuse to raise the prices again and another effect will be people like me are going to be hurt. either way we all loose. My opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I saw that on world news tonight. The traffic jams by travelling 10 mph on highways (which I don't know how is helping, but to waste MORE fuel), too many independents are working 16 hrs a day for months on end to pay the bills. How the heck could a less refined, which takes less money to produce, diesel ever be more than gas? They got us all in a strangle hold baby.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is the beginning of the end, I hope you know.

Truckers quit, and this country goes into the crapper, faster then you can say economic recession.

Here's what will happen when this strike hits 10% of the total- There will be food shortages in smaller areas, gas shortages, and other shortages.

When it hits 20%- You'll start seeing cities with population totals under 10,000 without gas, food, and many other things.

30%- Big cities will start seeing the effect, as gas prices soar, food prices become impossible to pay, fresh fruit is not fresh, and dairy products are non-existent.

40%- Full economic collapse of this country.

The trucking industry is already needing 110,000 jobs, that we have no way of making up. You start losing more people to strikes, it puts a hard spot on the rest. At 40% of the drivers on strike, you almost cut the total truck force in half, at which time the military and medical supplies will take top and immediate priority.

Dairy products will be the first to go, as cows need hay and grass to produce milk. Fresh fruit will be next. As the farmers see their produce sitting in the fields, and diesel prices at extreme heights, they will let it sit and rot.

The first people affected by it will be the poor, welfare people, and minimum wage workers. The second people hurt by it will be the rich, especially if they have a majority of their wealth tied in stocks.

The last people affected by this will be the ones who started it.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
One thing to remember thow. if things start getting real bad I am afraid you will see violence against the truckers. they are making the common man suffer and mr joe blow will only be pushed so far.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There is pain when your leg is cut off to save your body from infection. There will be pain before this mess, the whole mess, is healed. It will be for the best. As long as people who see the agenda keep cutting at its roots.

new topics

top topics

join