It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I don't carry a Council on Foreign Relations card or know any 'special handshake'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Thanks for posting this. I have often tried to explain to people that the difference between McCaine, Clinton, and Obama is exactly ZERO. This counts as proof.

"CFR? Aw shucks, it's just a club. we talk about stuff, you know."

When was the last time they had a bake sale I wonder?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

They do think we are that dumb.Lets face it folks.....I love my country but we have got some very,very,very ignorant and just plain dumb people out there and one of them is our President!!!I would love to see old Georgie be given a geography test against a 7th grader.I bet you guess who would probably win.

They know that the majority of most people out there don't care at all unless it effects them directly in their own homes until it's too late.This is the constant battle I have when I talk about these things to people.....they just don't want to here about it.I ask them"don't you care what happens to your country"?
They usually respond by saying I can't walk around all day worrying about that stuff or I'll go crazy with depression.This has become my only outlet to talk to others who are concerned as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is a news, where he just nails his chance to be a president.

I promise that Bill is going to talk with friends about this in next meeting...

Everybody do mistakes, and when those "nominates" are all the time in news, slips and falls do happen: You can not be perfect every day.

I think that question was a decoy. And he bite to it. CNN show it, so there is a catch in here: After this mystery church, now a connection to other mystery issue... In CNN!!!

Cant you see the catch?

If he had just ignored the question, and headed to next, or given a fast joke about it, he had survived, but going to more than one slip, he falls to debate.

I dont believe that majority of rulers believe to his skills after this. There is no bottom, how slippery you have to be in guarding so many interest, and long debates show your true skills in avoiding to being nailed. Training.

I have said from beginning that Hillary is next president: Why? She is the queen, and like her campaign tells you: "Vote Experience!" She not lie in that. But is it experience for public, or for her superiors, choose your self...

[edit on 1-4-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wait a minute!!!!!! Why did Obama mention secret handshakes???? What would make you say that unless you knew that insiders and illuminatis do have secret handshakes. Thats suspicious

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just because he doesn't "have a card or special handshake" doesn't mean he won't acquire one when hes elected President. THEN where will all his flowery speeches, baffling BS and dazzling brilliance, high flying ideals and out-of-world dreams get us? We'll be stuck with him for 4 gruelling years.

Its all the same crap.

So whats it matter who we vote for? Obama Bin Laden? Hillary Bill Clinton? Ancient John McCain? Looks like I might have to write in my own name and vote for me again this time.

The only wasted vote is the one not cast!

Have a nice day

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Do you guys ever get tired of the knee-jerk speculation and tomfoolery? It really makes this site look retarded when someone says something simple like that and you jump all over him.

www.cfr.org...

He is listed on the CFR web page. Then again, so is Ron Paul (I.E Captain Crazy, captain of the S.S Hopeless)

Why don't you just check out the website. Oh, but why would you do that, it's only there to trick the conspiracy theorists!! Haha. I mean, seriously, you can request a list of current members! I have a list too! Oh, but wait! It's a trickl again! A trick against the conspiracy theorists! This list must be completely fabricated!

IT MUST BE A HUGE COVER-UP. PLAUSABLE DENIABILITY.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's easy to post a photoshopped picture up, over actually doing any research. The link added was simply a list of "ALL" Presidential candidates running... not members. Did you even spend more than 5 minutes on this.

If you don't know who all are involved with the CFR, then I would suggest you do some research. There are some key individuals and corporations whose membership is cause for inquiry, not to mention those of past membership. You should read up on it, and see why there are a number of people concerned with Obama's association with this group.

There is a significant amount of information out there that you shouldn't dismiss before speculating that the people here are kooks.

As stated earlier in this thread, start with Jim Marrs. I suggest "Rule by Secrecy". It is an eye opener to say the least. It will also make you realize that Ron Paul is not so crazy. He is the "ONLY" candidate that is not another cog in the empirical wheel.

If not, stay asleep and believe it will all be ok... the Fed, World Bank, and entitlements will take care of you.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Even if the NWO conspiracy turns out to be true, the great plan will never work. The great mass of people always wins. Just ask Rome.

Yes, but do you want to wait 500 years for the NWO empire to fall? The Roman Empire was in control for over 500, and that's if you don't count the 500 years or so of the Roman Republic. A lot of suffering and torture went on in that time.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twiggie
It's easy to post a photoshopped picture up, over actually doing any research. The link added was simply a list of "ALL" Presidential candidates running... not members. Did you even spend more than 5 minutes on this.

Yep, that's what the list is for, presidential candidates It appears you didn't even spend five minutes to find out how to obtain the list of actual members. Figures, you conspiracy people never do have attention to detail.

If you don't know who all are involved with the CFR, then I would suggest you do some research. There are some key individuals and corporations whose membership is cause for inquiry, not to mention those of past membership. You should read up on it, and see why there are a number of people concerned with Obama's association with this group.

Like I said, I have a list!

There is a significant amount of information out there that you shouldn't dismiss before speculating that the people here are kooks.

I'm not speculating. It is my conclusion after nearly 5 years of hardcore conspiracy research. Most people here have psychological problems, and can't understand why their conspiracy is created from circular logic because of a want to believe, and victimized attitide.

As stated earlier in this thread, start with Jim Marrs. I suggest "Rule by Secrecy". It is an eye opener to say the least. It will also make you realize that Ron Paul is not so crazy. He is the "ONLY" candidate that is not another cog in the empirical wheel.

Haha. Ron Paul is a nutjob with some nice sounding, but highly impractical ideas. He amounts to the mad scientist trying to create a perpetual motion machine. There is no hope of him ever getting elected, yet you and so many others are on his teet. He is acting as nothing more than a shill to absorb the votes of crazy people. All he is trying to do is prevent progress, and the horde of crazies who think the NWO is around the corner trying to enslave the world don't want to see that, so they stick to the guy who wants to prevent progress - the same thing is happening to the crazy racists at storm front, they endorse him too for their own reasons. Again, so are the prostitutes, racists, segregationists, neo-nazis, fascists... do you see the pattern?

If not, stay asleep and believe it will all be ok... the Fed, World Bank, and entitlements will take care of you.

It's funny that you've think you've "woken up" when you have really fallen asleep in a dream of disinformation, informational interpretation, and outright fantasy. Well, back to your show!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
No more Bush's, Clintons, Obamas, Cheneys. Its supposed to be a democracy not a monarchy. Get the royal bloodlines out of our government.

wow you're not serious are you?

I am by no means an Obama supporter, but seriously?
No More Obamas?
Obama = royal bloodlines?

Ugg, do any of you actually have a critical brain to think with?
That was just ...sad...

Obama is :
Not part of a political bloodline
Not part of a political history
Not "Rich" (by Presidential standards)
He has a million or so in the bank ONLY because he wrote a few books.

He is totally 100% OPPOSITE of the Bush/Clinton/Cheney's
and this comes from a guy who cannot stand liberals.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Everyone out there who questions the NWO or CFR needs to read the Jim Mars books.

I LAUGH at people like you, you give someone else’s writings in a published book as proof of crackpot theories that most of the believers only believe because they want to be part of the "in the know" crowd and have ZERO critical thinking skills. I'd be willing to bet the majority of believers on this board now believe NWO theories only due to posts they have read here on ATS.

The NWO.. Talked about for how many years.. NAU.. how many years now?
If these secret groups are so powerful and omnipotent.. why so long, why haven't they taken over yet? Where's my new uniform?

I am saddened and yet oddly enlightened by the continual surprise I get reading comments on ATS, there are literally hundreds of people who believe things now SOLELY from reading what other post in the forum.

I almost decided to cancel my membership due to the obvious political leanings of the less than remotely fair and hypocrite moderators here, but I am glad I didn't.. I smile for hours after I visit ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Perhaps you could provide us with the list that you have of the CFR members and I don't mean a list generated by a kid in his basement.How about the list from the CFR themselves.You are doing a lot of talking with no links to back up anything you are saying.I have been to the CFR web site and looked into the different key players that are listed:

OFFICE NAME
Co-Chairman of the Board Carla Anderson Hills
Co-Chairman of the Board Robert Rubin
Vice Chairman Richard E. Salomon
President Richard N. Haass
Board of Directors
Director Peter Ackerman
Director Fouad Ajami
Director Madeleine Albright
Director Charlene Barshefsky
Director Henry Bienen
Director Stephen W. Bosworth
Director Tom Brokaw
Director Sylvia Mathews Burwell
Director Frank J. Caufield
Director Kenneth Duberstein
Director Martin Feldstein
Director Richard N. Foster
Director Stephen Friedman
Director Ann M. Fudge
Director Helene D. Gayle
Director Maurice R. Greenberg
Director Richard Holbrooke
Director Karen Elliott House
Director Alberto Ibargüen
Director Henry Kravis
Director Jami Miscik
Director Michael H. Moskow
Director Joseph Nye
Director Ronald L. Olson
Director James W. Owen
Director Colin Powell
Director David Rubenstein
Director Anne-Marie Slaughter
Director Joan E. Spero
Director Vin Weber
Director Sherwin Noorian
Director Christine Todd Whitman
Director Fareed Zakaria

Corporate Members

* ABC News
* Alcoa
* American Express
* AIG
* Bank of America
* Bloomberg L.P.
* Boeing
* BP
* Chevron
* Citigroup
* Coca-Cola
* De Beers
* Deutsche Bank
* ExxonMobil
* FedEx
* Ford Motor
* General Electric
* GlaxoSmithKline

* Google
* Goldman Sachs
* Halliburton
* Heinz
* Hess
* IBM
* JPMorgan Chase
* Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
* Lehman Brothers
* Lockheed Martin
* MasterCard
* McGraw-Hill
* McKinsey
* Merck
* Merrill Lynch
* Motorola
* NASDAQ
* News Corp

* Nike
* PepsiCo
* Pfizer
* Shell Oil
* Sony Corporation of America
* Tata Group
* Time Warner
* Total S.A.
* Toyota Motor North America
* UBS
* United Technologies
* United States Chamber of Commerce
* U.S. Trust Corporation
* Verizon
* Visa

Notable historical members

* Graham Allison
* J. Bowyer Bell[33]
* Zbigniew Brzezinski
* George H. W. Bush
* Dick Cheney
* William S. Cohen
* Warren Christopher
* E. Gerald Corrigan
* William J. Crowe
* C. Douglas Dillon
* Tom Foley
* Alan Greenspan
* W. Averell Harriman
* Richard Holbrooke
* Bobby Ray Inman
* Jeane Kirkpatrick
* Henry Kissinger
* George J. Mitchell
* Bill Moyers
* John S. Reed
* Brent Scowcroft
* George P. Shultz
* Theodore Sorensen
* George Soros
* Cyrus Vance
* Paul Volcker
* Robert Zoellick

Source: The Council on Foreign Relations from 1921 to 1996:Historical Roster of Directors and Officers

List of chairmen and chairwomen

* Russell Cornell Leffingwell 1946-1953
* John J. McCloy 1953-1970

* David Rockefeller 1970-1985
* Peter George Peterson 1985-2007

* Carla A. Hills (co-chairman) 2007-
* Robert E. Rubin (co-chairman) 2007-

List of presidents

* John W. Davis 1921-1933
* George W. Wickersham 1933-1936
* Norman Davis 1936-1944
* Russell Cornell Leffingwell 1944-1946
* Allen Welsh Dulles 1946-1950

* Henry Merritt Wriston 1951-1964
* Grayson L. Kirk 1964-1971
* Bayless Manning 1971-1977
* Winston Lord 1977-1985
* John Temple Swing 1985-1986 (Pro tempore)

* Peter Tarnoff 1986-1993
* Alton Frye 1993
* Leslie Gelb 1993-2003
* Richard N. Haass 2003-

Source:The Council on Foreign Relations from 1921 to 1996: Historical Roster of Directors and Offices.

This is all I could find. So why not be helpful instead of accusing people of being nut jobs and bashing members with your attempt at derailing this thread.In other words grow up!! And by the way if you notice Ron Paul is not anywhere on this list!!!!

[edit on 2-4-2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twiggie
As stated earlier in this thread, start with Jim Marrs. I suggest "Rule by Secrecy".

ME ME!!! I said it!

Seriously .. for anyone who thinks CFR is not a big deal or doesn't understand why the interest ... read his books!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thread was started concerning presidential candidates affiliations to certain groups by member 'greatlakes' here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Next President: Member of Shadowy Elite Group

He already predicted or stated that:

Originally posted by greatlakes
Ok so I postulate that:

The next president voted in by the people will be someone that is a member, or affiliated with, either in the past, or at present of one of the following groups:

• The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
  • The Trilateral group
  • The Bilderberg Group (past or continual attendance)
  • The Davos Group

Also to be mentioned is the Masons or Masonry. Members that are a part of the above group(s) will most likely be a member of Masonry or be a mason, so it therefore is left off the list. The list is meant to be the extreme elite groups whereas Masonry perhaps even some people on ATS are members of...albeit not high members.

• ...here another member posted their research:

Originally posted by Kelldor
    I looked up all the candidates and some undeclared ones. If I forgot 1, let me know.

BB - Bilderberger
    TC - Trilateralist
    CFR - Council on Foreign Relations
    M - Mason
    RS - Rhodes Scholar
    S&B - Skull & Bones

Dems:
    -------

Joe Biden - CFR
    Hillary Clinton - BB (Bill - CFR/TC/BB/RS)
    Chriss Dodd - CFR/TC
    John Edwards - BG
    Al Gore - CFR/M
    Mike Gravel - None, but is for international carbon tax :/
    Dennis Kucinich - None, but is against 2nd Amendment :/
    John Kerry - S&B
    Barack Obama - CFR
    Bill Richardson - CFR/BB

Reps:
    ------

Sam Brownback - OPUS DEI

Jim Gilmore - Unknown, "USA national terrorism policy writer, head of the Gilmore Commission. Very bad guy w/ tight Bush connections."

Newt Gingrich - CFR
    Rudy Giuliani - CFR
    Charles Hagel - CFR, TC, BB
    Mike Huckabee - None, anti free trade, pro fair trade, pro Iraq war.
    Duncan Hunter - None, Anti-illegal immigration, pro fence, but involved in Iraq reconstruction corruption:

"According to The New York Times, the provision closing the Office of the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction as of Oct. 1, 2007, was tacked on at the last minute to a complex military authorization bill by staffers of Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee."

In fairness though, Duncan Hunter voted against both NAFTA and CAFTA, and has said that "both trade agreements were “bad deals” that he would “junk” if elected president."

John McCain - CFR

George Pataki - BB, possibly S&B, as he went to Yale.

Ron Paul - None, against NAFTA, CAFTA, NAU, SPPI, Tyranny, pro freedom, liberty, eliminating the Federal Reserve System and IRS, and is dedicated to restoring the Constitution. Voted against Patriot Act and Iraq War. Anti-illegal immigration. Abolish dept. of Homeland Security.

Mitt Romney - Mormon church linked to Freemasons, and owns Pepsico - TC

Tom Tancredo - None, Anti internationalists, Anti WTO free trade and CAFTA, but very pro-Iraq war. Sounded very bigoted against Muslims in the Rudy Giuliani vs. Ron Paul exchange. Crony for AIPAC (Israel).

"People have to understand what we're talking about here. The president of the United States is an internationalist," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo. "He is going to do what he can to create a place where the idea of America is just that – it's an idea. It's not an actual place defined by borders. I mean this is where this guy is really going."

...and finally one last quote:

...meet the new
    boss, same as the
    old boss

(I agree with your sentiments-Anyone name that quote?)

Yes Ron Paul, too bad he had no chance due to stonewall tactics.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:57 AM
    link   
    reply to post by battlestargalactica

Is the CFR so shadowy? I say they are not. I mean, they put out monthly publications and openly state who their members are. Elite? Yes. Shadowy? No.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:17 AM
    link   
    No not shadowy at all...

Here is a video of our vice-president Dick Cheney with some cronies talking about not being shadowy while campaigning for re-election in his home state of Wyoming.

...and here is a more complete clip of that meeting..
    www.youtube.com...

[color=484644]I dont think it can be any more shadowy, o wait yes it can...

[edit on 2-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
    link   

Why don't you just tell us what he said? Videos take up loads of bandwidth and take a long time to watch.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:25 AM
    link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
    reply to post by LLoyd45

once in all his years as a congressmen wavered from any stance he has taken.

So he's incapable of learning? A good politician should waver when new information comes to light. Doing anything else is borderline retarded.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:25 AM
    link   
    reply to post by thought

Are you serious, its an 18 second clip from a Youtube video, you don't have that amount of time? It's been even further clipped down from its original size for some people who don't have the time).

Also bandwidth comes from the media provider, whether its an image, file, document or video, so in this case its taking up Youtube bandwidth, which I think they can handle.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:27 AM
    link   

Well, have you ever been to Wyoming? It's full of paranoid survivalist conspiracy theory wackos. That's why he didn't mention it.

So...exactly WHAT has the CFR done that is so dastardly?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
    link   
    Thanks for the info battlestargalactica. The quote is from the band The Who and th song is: "Won't get fooled again".

You know all you really have to do is pull up all the quotes that Presidents and people of power throughout the history of this country and see them talking about a hidden power that controls governments around the world.

Here are just a small snippet of some of the quotes that people have made:

"We are not going to achieve a new world order without paying for it in blood as well as in words and money." Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., in Foreign Affairs (July/August 1995)

"The world can therefore seize the opportunity [Persian Gulf crisis] to fulfill the long-held promise of a New World Order where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind." George Herbert Walker Bush

"We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest or consent." Statement by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member James Warburg to The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 17th, l950

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

"Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure." Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

"The Council on Foreign Relations is "the establishment." Not only does it have influence and power in key decision-making positions at the highest levels of government to apply pressure from above, but it also announces and uses individuals and groups to bring pressure from below, to justify the high level decisions for converting the U.S. from a sovereign Constitutional Republic into a servile member state of a one-world dictatorship." Former Congressman John Rarick 1971

"I would support a Presidential candidate who pledged to take the following steps: ... At the end of the war in the Persian Gulf, press for a comprehensive Middle East settlement and for a 'new world order' based not on Pax Americana but on peace through law with a stronger U.N. and World Court." George McGovern, in The New York Times (February 199

I could keep going for days with these.So it baffles me when we have people post saying we are all crazy and have no idea what we are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join