It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11... Ploy to get Oil, or maybe something else?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Let's see what the common ideas are about 9/11, and see if we can eliminate a few to maybe shine some light on this otherwise confusing event.

The official version is that 9/11 was an organized attack on United States conducted by an Islamic terrorist organization called Al Qaeda. I won't get into details... but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. There is no evidence pointing towards this, and seems as if the govenment knew exactly who the perpetrators were all too quickly. Also the many inconsistencies with their stories, some of which were later changed, and the incompatibilities of the official version to the claims of others who have supposedly been on the scene... etc. Also, considering the Pentagon attack and the obvious issues with evidence in that area.. like the damage on the building, the lawn, the debris... I won't go into too many details. The point is, the official version doesn't seem to work too well now.

This leads to suspicion of foul play, and many theories arise. One of which seems to be that the war on Afghanistan and Iraq isn't about terrorism, it is about oil. I'm rather curious... and a little confused by this. It seems plausible that it may be about oil, but what about the BILLIONS spent on the war, where does that come in? Aren't they actually LOSING money that no amount of middle eastern oil can compensate for? What exactly am I missing here... they go to war for oil, and spend over $100 billion to get oil that is worth less than the total spent to obtain it? If I'm wrong, then how much would all middle eastern oil hypothetically cost?

Although one idea about 9/11 does seem to stick in my mind and just won't go away. It DID greatly help them eliminate many of our freedoms, and greatly expand the powers of FBI, CIA, NSA and other letters of the alphabet

Now, the Secret Pentagon Report is supposedly leaked that shows that we're approaching climate change at cataclysmic proportions. Does it seem rational that 9/11 was simply a beginning, to terrify a nation with an otherwise false sense of security, and make us docile enough to allow for more powers to be given to the elite and freedoms taken away from us in the name of security, and THEN to continue with fear-tactics as they introduce more "global" threats?

How does the possible climate change play into this? Well, could they not take away MORE of our freedoms if we're on the verge of some kind of possible national destruction.. as some scientists are suggesting that the threat level of the climate change is far in excess of the "terrorist" threat. It seems to me that this could allow them to either militarize the nation, or claim that they need more powers to protect citizens not only from terrorists but now also from nature.

Maybe the climatic changes really DO begin to occur, and just as the people are in chaos and panic, the governments grab the opportunity to declare martial law in order to at least attempt to preserve "peace". This is also the time when the New World Order can most easily arise, and also the time when the introduction of Aliens as our "saviors" can also occur... in the midst of chaos, panic and confusion on the planet.

But what I'm really curious about is the cost of the war VS the value of the oil. What makes someone believe that we aren't losing money even if we monopolize the middle eastern oil... like I said, it doesn't seem to be able to make up for the money spent to get there and obtain it.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You should say, a ploy by who? Since the instigators are not readily known.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
You should say, a ploy by who? Since the instigators are not readily known.

Another good question. If it's a ploy to get OIL, it must be by the oil companies since THEY benefit from it... is Bush the puppet of the oil companies? Or if this is NOT about oil, and it's just a smoke-screen conspiracy to disguise the truth behind this, then what else could it be about? WHO benefits from 9/11... and from the war on Afghanistan/Iraq and possibly other nations. We seem to only have LOST billions... so where is the benefit for the ELITE, since that is the assumption of conspiracies. Unless the devil is in the details as they say. The benefit may be as simple as strategy positions around the globe, which may be in anticipation of natural disasters (upcoming climatic cataclysms maybe) so that the US has the upper hand on the chaos/conflicts that arise... one can't help but wonder...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think it is a ploy to get oil too. It started with 9/11 and the war on terrorism- wait no, He planned to go to Iraq before 9/11, Which is just more proof he wanted the war in Iraq to get oil. What were Bush's reasons to go to Iraq? "WMDs" of which there was no proof of. So he says to Saddam "Get out of the country". Now what do you think Bush would do if someone told him to get out of the country? Damn Skippy, He wouldnt leave. It's about the most pointless war ever. Right up there with Vietnam. All in all, Bush wants oil.

[Edited on 2/23/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
I think it is a ploy to get oil too. It started with 9/11 and the war on terrorism- wait no, He planned to go to Iraq before 9/11, Which is just more proof he wanted the war in Iraq to get oil. What were Bush's reasons to go to Iraq? "WMDs" of which there was no proof of. So he says to Saddam "Get out of the country". Now what do you think Bush would do if someone told him to get out of the country? Damn Skippy, He wouldnt leave. It's about the most pointless war ever. Right up there with Vietnam. All in all, Bush wants oil.

[Edited on 2/23/2004 by TekNo88]

But this doesn't answer the dillema I have... he spent over $100 billion on the war, could the oil make up for the expenditures? Seriously, it seems to me like the oil isn't even worth the amount spent to go and get it... makes no sense!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I really dont think the oil will make up for the amount of money spent on the war. Thats why he'll probably go to war with someone else with even more oil that would cover the cost of war.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i dont think its all about oil either. but are we even getting any of that oil? on the news they say that its being used to fund the rebuilding of iraq, it should be used partially to repay us for liberating the *thinks of cussing and using racial slurs, then disregards thoughts* iraqis from saddam and his cronies.

so why dubya, why???

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It is all about the power in the background, in the shadows and who they answer to.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
NEO?!
Quit speaking in riddles d00d!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Seekerof,

sorry. those that have read my so called drivel in the past will automatically know whom I am referring to.

the prince of the air, the lord of the flies...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well let's see,

For G.W. it was about his father and the attempted assination, for his father it was about money and the Carlyle Group, for Cheney it was about Halliburton, for Rice it was about Chevron and contracts with the Russians, for Rumsfeld it is about power. For America it is about the future
[ www.peakoil.org...]
The government is not bad, it is the administration that is:hey
It is about money, oil, politics, world domination, it is about a new world order
[www.moveon.org...

Here is the reason 911 was allowed to happen

www.newamericancentury.org...

Whitepanther

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well let's see,

For G.W. it was about his father and the attempted assination, for his father it was about money and the Carlyle Group, for Cheney it was about Halliburton, for Rice it was about Chevron and contracts with the Russians, for Rumsfeld it is about power. For America it is about the future
[ www.peakoil.org...]
The government is not bad, it is the administration that is:hey
It is about money, oil, politics, world domination, it is about a new world order
[www.moveon.org...

Here is the reason 911 was allowed to happen

www.newamericancentury.org...

Whitepanther

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
lilblam, I think that you have to view these conspiracies about Sept. 11/2001 as a game on who benefits, as well as who these benefactors report to. Look to the hierarchy on the use of capital, where this capital goes to, then the people who have this capital, who then report to who?

Let's approach in the scale of hierarchy, who benefits, then the people who benefit report to who?

For example, some say it was a game to get America more power over the lives of its citizens. Others say, its the agenda of oil extraction. Others still say it was Israel. If either one of these benefits, then who benefits after this?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Did anyone notice what happened to the typical American after the "attack"? They started flying their flags, pledging their allegiance, and donating to so-called "firemen's funds." The whole 9/11 thing was a plot by the government to raise extinct feelings of pride in your country, and in turn gain support to go to war with Iraq and Osama bin Laden. First off, let me start by saying that I know for a fact that ever since George Sr. was in office, Saddam has had at least three snipers trained on his head that were ready to pull the trigger when ordered to do so. Secondly, if you ask me, Osama is probably an actor in a basement somewhere in Nevada. But thats just my opinion. What I'm trying to say is this whole war is about getting more money out of Americans. We havent spent 100 Billion dollars on moving troops and feeding them. We've probably spent more like 100 million dollars on them, and the rest has gone into the governments pockets to help spy on the citizens that gave them the money!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hey Immortal,

Are you sure

Go to the highlighted in red site above yours and read the letter and who sighned it and your questions will be answered.

Panther

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think it was a ploy to give conspiracy theorists something to stew over while the real story happens!!

MONICA MOVES INTO THE WHITEHOUSE, GW GETS FREE CIGARS!!!!

ok... maybe not... but it is just as possible...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polar Bear
Hey Immortal,

Are you sure

Go to the highlighted in red site above yours and read the letter and who sighned it and your questions will be answered.

Panther
Those are just names that are foreign to me. Who are they anyway?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Oil, oil, oil. Everybody focuses on the physical black gold, not the money behind it. Its not the oil the U.S. was after. The U.S. has to protect its interests, and in the name of economic security, the U.S. constituency was dragged into battle under the guise of defense. The billions spent on the invasion are meaningless compared to what could be lost if the U.S. economy heads south (and its doing that already anyway). It was either go to war or allow OPEC to dictate the final days of the United States federal government.

Oil currency played the #1 reason for this wholesale slaughter of foreigners. If you want an excellent summary of the hows and whys as to this, just check out the following extremely long website editorial.

www.ratical.org...

Though the people that focus strictly on the oil are correct to a degree. If Iraq had no oil, the U.S. military would have never stepped foot in the country.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Mr. Immortal,

They are all right wing conservatives or neo conservative or people in government now serveing this administration. Former members of PNAC were G.Schultz. D. Cheney. D.Rumsfeld, etc....the list goes on. It is a Kabal

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I personally think that Bin Laden is responsible but I think the reason that there is not going to be investigation is that the powers that be knew long before it happened. Bush must have laughed his butt off after all Bin Laden was handing him a ticket to do just about anything he wanted, all in the name of security. t must have been like Christmas to him after all he had just sent out checks (surplusLOL) to taxpayers to get them to shut up about how he stole the election from Gore and now Bin Laden was handing him a gift like this, all he had to do was stand up straight and remember not to chew gum while trying to walk and the nation would finally look to him for leadership actually see him as a leader. They knew thats the big secret they did not plan it but once they saw how they would benefit they did not stop it. It would not surprise me if they did not plant a few bomb under the building and inside the building to make it worse to reach the magnitude they needed to bring the towers down. The thing is I wonder how long before it all comes out. Probably forever and a day!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join