It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death For Hire: Suicide Machine Lets You Push Final Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Death For Hire: Suicide Machine Lets You Push Final Button

www.timesonline.co.uk

If the “Perfusor”, designed to sidestep strict laws banning assisted suicide, goes into production then Germany rather than Switzerland could soon become the destination of choice for those seeking to kill themselves.

700 patients, including several terminally ill Britons, have travelled to Zurich where the self-help organisation Dignitas arranges suicide. Assisted suicide has been legal in Switzerland since 1942.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This reminds me of the often joked about suicide booths in the US cartoon 'Futurama'.

I believe it is someone's right to kill themselves. Especially in a terminally ill situation.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Quote from the Vedas.

"Nobody can suicide, it is impossible"

The only way to escape this material universe is by connecting your soul with the supreme soul - the God.

There is no doubt in my mind that I would kill myself right now if I didn't believe in afterlife. In fact, I am sure there is an afterlife as it mentions in the Vedas. I don't have a terminal illness, but I hate life for certain reasons and don't want to be here for a minute. Even if I was told that somehow all my problems will go away in the near future, I would still rather kill myself only if there was no such thing as an afterlife. After all whats the point of killing yourself if you will be coming back to life anyhow in any a number of different and more horrific forms of life.

It says in the Vedas that a living being on earth has to cycle through 42000 different life forms before it gets a human body...and your next life form depends on your activities in this life.

Therefore the aim of this human life is not to live for pleasures but to get self realization by seeing the superbeing or the supersoul within you, and get out of this material world of continuous life and death cycles.

That is the reason why I have said no to su1c1d3 so many times, as I KNOW that there is nothing like suicide.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
its funny how futurama actually managed to get the year dead on:

"You are now dead. Thank you for using Stop'n'Drop, America's favorite suicide booth since 2008,"

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
huh??

what does this " machine " actually do ? its not a trick question or trolling - think about it

you presumably still need a cannula inserted into the vien of the ` suicidee `

if the patient is capable of pressing the button - they can depress the plunger of a syringe rigged to the ` y ` yoke of an IV line

and if the patient is competant to put an IV in them self - why not just direct inject ????

lastly - at little off topic - but using helium as an exphysiant gas sounds [ to me at least ] even dumber

i would use nitrogen - cheap - effective , AFAIK you do not need any licence

[edit on 1-4-2008 by ignorant_ape]

apc

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think they have this already. It's called a gun.

Bullets are cheaper than an international plane ticket. Plus the return shipping.

top topics

join