It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encountering God in a dream, OOBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I had this dream last night where I encountered God, now before everybody jumps the gun, Im not saying that this IS God or that it was real, but in my dream it was definately God, no mistaking it, and that he was in humanoid form.

Anyway back to the dream, to summarise basically I was 'taken' into other dimensions that I think were co-existing among our world as it didnt feel as though it was just a different location, and that I got to see how this other world lived, and that I did infact see God.

Now the only reason I have decided to post this is because as soon as I had looked upon God I suddenly woke up and was terrified, so much so that I didnt dare go back to sleep incase I returned, or that I didnt want to stay away incase I 'actually' saw anything. This is itself isnt that peculiar, but I have never in my life been like this from a dream, or even my worst nightmares. I was also dripping with sweat, enough that I needed to be dried to be comfortable, if I wasnt too petrified and even shocked to leave the bed. But this has never happened before either so the whole experience is completely new to me.

I have also put OOBE in the thread title, because a couple of weeks ago I did dream I was having an OOBE, but it felt alot more real than dreams do. The experience was of my 'inner self' floating and watching my body lay asleeping, but in a much aged state (say 200 years) rapidly gaining youth till i was back to my current age at which point I was suddenly sucked back into my body and I instantly woke up. Another strange one I reckon.

Doesnt anybody have any similar experiences they could share, or even any answers to what this could mean (in anything) or why it is happening. I have posted a couple of threads about dreams before and I am convinced something is happening to me in my dreams.

Anyway, would appreciate any input, im only looking for answers not credability or anything

Thanks
Lez

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sounds pretty intense.

I can only say that you should try to interpret the meaning behind these dreams.

Maybe you actually did receive a vision from God reminding you to be God fearing.

I don't know but, I do know that you can find the answers within yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

My opinion? God is in the higher dimensions. The 7th to be exact.

It's no wonder He sees all.

Consider the 3-D being looking down on Flatland.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have been reading a little recently on string theory, and when reading about M theory it stated that there must be 11 dimensions for this to work (from my understanding, anyway). So who knows, dreams could be another or several more dimensions.

They are something I have always been fascinated with though, and Im convinced theres alot more in it than we currently know.
I have had preminitions that have come true in dreams before, I wont expand on this now, but if anyone would like me to I would love to explain.

As for answers though, I dont really have any clue as to what they mean but I arent turning a blind eye to these occurences thats for sure!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lezvigi
I have been reading a little recently on string theory, and when reading about M theory it stated that there must be 11 dimensions for this to work (from my understanding, anyway). So who knows, dreams could be another or several more dimensions.

Don't mix mathmatics with reality. In math you can play with different dimentions and in order to explain quantum theory and the theories you mention you have to divide reality into dimentions to place different important factors into context in order to make the theory valid. Examples of such "dimentions" are accelleration or speed. However using Einstein, reality consists of a total of four dimentions. The three axis of a coordinate system and the concept of space-time.

Of course there may be other dimentions than space and time, but this is pure speculation and is not backed by science.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lezvigi

Hmmmm

Well I personally had a dream where I met God, though in my dream God took the form of this very peculiar very large female spider. She was quick and ran up this web shaped ladder made of what I perceived to be metal. The dream was all very brief but in my dream I knew this spider represented God. I wasn't afraid of the spider and it was not menacing at all and in fact spoke to me, though I don't remember what she said. Did you say that God took a human form in your dream?

I have had other lucid dreams where I tried to meet God or have a conversation with it, no luck though usually just some random character will appear and some problem will need to be solved. I have always wanted to communicate with God again when I am lucid, it is just rare that I am lucid so the opportunity never arises but it is my priority to converse with it...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoothRhythm
Maybe you actually did receive a vision from God reminding you to be God fearing.

I would agree. I've had a similar experience too. And you know, the Israelites were terrified when they encountered God too. To be before God would be... an incredible, frightening and awe-inspiring experience.

Definitely search your heart and consider what is being shared with you and feel blessed. It could be a vision intended to save your eternal life.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

To be before God would be... an incredible, frightening and awe-inspiring experience.

That indeed it was, I couldnt describe it more perfectly.

Definitely search your heart and consider what is being shared with you and feel blessed. It could be a vision intended to save your eternal life.

Now I'm not really religious I must admit, nor do I neccessarily believe in the monotheistic God, but I do consider It (amongst other things I have experienced) to be a sign and that I certainly do feel thankfull that I have been given this oppertunity to see.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lezvigi
Now I'm not really religious I must admit, nor do I neccessarily believe in the monotheistic God, but I do consider It (amongst other things I have experienced) to be a sign and that I certainly do feel thankfull that I have been given this oppertunity to see.

I know the feeling you had because I felt it too. The dream vision I had sticks in my mind today like I had it last night although it was over 2 years ago that it occurred. This is how we know that our dreams aren't just "dreams".

Please allow me to preface this by saying that I completely respect your free will right to believe as you wish. But at the same time, may I suggest that you consider the following Scripture and maybe give it a bit of thought, keeping in mind that via dreams is a major way that God speaks to us?

Joel 2:28 [ God's Promise of His Spirit ] After this I will pour out My Spirit on all humanity; then your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your old men will have dreams, and your young men will see visions.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Every dream has a creator hiding behind it, a god if you prefer. The trick is to realize who that really is the next time you experience it. Here's a fun trick to play incase next time you encounter a god and happen to be having a lucid dream instead ~ pretend to be Jesus and do hocus pocus in front of the other non-lucid occupants/inhabitants of that dream.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Thats an interesting idea Divinoronumus, that was the first time Ive had a dream involving God so not sure when or if it will happen again, but ill see what I can do.

Also ReginaAdonnaAaron,
When I say Im not religious, what I actually mean to say is that I wouldnt classify myself under a certain religion, as to be honest I dont know enough about them all to say that is what I should believe and that is what I shouldnt, nor do I think that is the right way to go about it. However, I do believe there is something in it all, so thankyou for your thoughts and advice, they are much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
if you don't know the answer to your dream write down, shelve it and maybe later on God will reveal it unto you. One thing that i have learned when i have dreams along this line this intense is to step up my devotion to my prayers and studies, make yourself more sensitive to the things of the spirit. Sometimes your carnality can cloud your spiritual perceptiveness and need to do some clean up
if it was an OOBE good thing you didn't really see Gods face or you'd be dead
well hope this helps good luck!

Keeper

top topics

join