It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend me a good book on UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is a VERY broad question, but I felt here would be best to ask it. I have to do a paper on a book in english class. We can pick any book we want. I want to read up on ET UFOs. Recommend me a good book on this that I can get at a Barnes and Nobles. Thank you.

And I am being serious if that sounded sarcastic at all. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't know of any except the conspiracy theory connected with
the UFO and its assumed construction by author researcher Bill Lyne.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"Le Phénomène Humain"(*) by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. But that's not about UFO's...

(*) The Human Phenomenon, in G.W. Bush's langage.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Anything by Timothy Good there,s a radio interview here on ATS mix show 73

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here is a small selection based upon my own library you should consider taking a look at if you can.

Presented in no particular order but should give you a decent cross section of the current state of play.

The Hynek UFO Report by J Allen Hynek

UFOs and Abductions: Challenging the Borders of Knowledge

Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact by Jacques Vallee

Confrontations: A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact by Jacques Vallee

Revelations: Alien Contact and Human Deception by Jacques Vallee

UFO's in Space: Anatomy of a Phenomenon by Jacques Vallee

Disneyland of the Gods by John A. Keel

UFO Chronicles of the Soviet Union: A Cosmic Samizdat by Vallee

Operation Trojan Horse by John A. Keel

Above Top Secret by Timothy Good

Also if you can dig it up a copy of "Messengers of Deception: U.F.O.Contacts and Cults" by Vallee, since the sociological consequences of the UFO phenomenon can in some ways be as interesting as the phenomenon itself and should not be underestimated in importance. (though it can be quite hard to find now, its very much worth looking for)

For the purposes of an explicit review of the phenomenon I would personally recommend UFO's in Space.

*Small Note to mod's: Just in case this is considered to be advertising please just give me a shout and i'll kill the direct links. I've included them for simple convenience.

Cheers.

Absence.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Any book by Jim Mars. Alien Agenda for one. But his gov't conspiracy book is very good too - and talks about the Annuki.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The day after Roswell - Philip Corso

Above top secret - Timothy Good

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Above Top Secret by Timothy Good.

It's the one book, above any other, that convinced me both of the reality of Aliens/UFOs, and that Governments (contrary to what they say) take the phenomena VERY seriously.

For a book that's 20 years old it is still t5he defining work on the subject, IMO

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
UFOs and the National Security State by Richard Dolan

A+

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Even though some of the ideas presented seem pretty far 'out there' at times, I would highly recommend 'The Monuments of Mars', by Richard Hoagland.

It makes a great read for entertainment value, and even when he gets 'out there' he always provides lots of sourcing, math, and uses NASA images exclusively. In my mind, even if he's wrong, that counts for something.

I would also recommend reading the articles of IsaacKoi. Just do a search in the member section here for his name. I know it's not a book, but the sourcing he does will yield you thousands of books, and I'm sure that Isaac will provide feedback on a particular book if you ask him

-WFA

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
alien agenda by jim marrs

rule by secrecy by jim marrs

gods of eden by i forget

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Above Black by Dan Sherman...more about aliens than ufos really, but its a great book.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Is this an exercise aimed at trying to get members to avoid one line posts?

Above Top Secret - Timothy Good (seems to be a readers choice on ATS)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for the abundance in replies. I'm going to look into a majority of them and order one or two of them tonight! Thanks again!

[edit on 4/1/2008 by xBRINGxONx2012x]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A VERY good book that mainly deals with abductions and alien/human breeding program is called The Threat. The author does hypnotic regressions with abductees and finds out whole loads of amazingly CRAZY information about alien abductions, alien biology, and MUCH more.

UNBELIEVABLY good book if you are interested in finding out what aliens do when they abduct us, why they do it, where they live, how they eat, and more info recovered from the wiped minds of abductees during deep hynotic regression.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis
Paul R. Hill, Richard M. Wood

Here is one in my book list to get. A Nasa scientist tells his encounters with ufos and gives his analysis on them.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Dont read anything by Barbra Marciniak. She is full of # and writes endless amounts of pointless sentences that repeat themselfs over and over with no subject behind them... "we are light, child of light, bla blabull#"

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would definitly pick up a book by Richard Dolan or if Stanton Friedman does, his too... Everyone else in the UFO community is kinda wack and talks abunch of waste. Jim Mars being one of them.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Jim Marrs did an outstanding job on his book ""Alien Agenda", I have read half of it, a well balanced book of the whole field of alien/ufo presence topics from an investigative point of view.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolores Cannon'sThe Custodians 'Beyond Abduction' has a lot information pertaining to the why? She goes into the horses mouth to get the information.

-Cases of missing time
-Spacecraft from other dimensions and planes of existance
-Condensed or distorted time
-Alien and Government cooperation and bartering
-Purposes and locations of implants in the human body
-Screen Memories
-Beings composed of pure energy who can transform into any physical appearance
-The transportation of humans through solid matter
-Lost Astronauts
-The differences and functions of various alien races
-Reasons for abductions and various genetic projects

Others by her.
The Keepers of the Garden

Legacy from the stars

The Legend of Starcrash

The Convoluted Universe: 1,2, and now three.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a book which talks about alien influence on human history is good before you delve into the current alian topics of today, try "the gods of eden" by whilliam bramley

also try "communion" by whitley strieber.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join