It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange memory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm posting this in the Paranormal section because it is something strange I remember, quite vividly, from my childhood. It happened 10 to 11 years ago. I'm curious to know if anyone may have experienced the same event, if they can remember. It happened in Canada, Ontario.

I was around 11 years old when this happened. Me and my family were on our way home from an afternoon of shopping. The moon was nearly full, and being a cloudless night, it had been bright. Suddenly, everything went dark, as if the moon had been covered by clouds. This darkness was only a few seconds. Now, I know some people might say "you drove by some trees and they blocked out the moon." It couldn't have been trees, we were driving past fields.

When I looked back up at the moon, it was large, as if it was just outside the atmosphere. It was no longer full, but half, and it wasn't a regular half moon. Instead of light reflecting off half the moon vertically, ilight ran along the moon horizontally - the bottom half of the moon was lit up, the top half was dark. In the centre, hovering between the Earth and moon was a ball of silver and red. It caught me by surprise and I became excited, badgering my parents with questions like "Did you see that? How did it happen? What is that ball in the centre?" and so on.

Upon our arrival home, my parents told my brother and I to get ready for bed. To spare myself some extra time looking at the moon, I took my time brushing my tooth, looking out the window wondering how something like this could have happened.

Next day at school I asked all my friends if they had seen it. None of them had been out at that time. I know I didn't dream this, unless it was all imagination.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
hmmm, maybe a UFO that had some sort of magnetic field surrounding it which bent the light from the moon.

I honestly dont have a clue. I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

join