It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Christ.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

You #!!!

I would argue but I'm too stoned.

But dude, God made the weed man...
Jesus smoked it too man... He was blazed all the time...
Man I wanna smoke with him... it'd be righteous!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
I don't think that any of you have raised a valid argument against the existence of Jesus Christ. I don't think that it's anything to argue about that he existed, but whether he is the Son of God or not.

and i don't think anyone has raised a valid argument for the existence of jesus as a historical figure.

seriously, there's an entire lack of evidence.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There were always arguments, even among the desciples, about who the Messiah was supposed to be.
Why do you think Judas ended up betraying Jesus?
Despite being a witness to the power that Jesus had, he still did not live up to the expectations of Judas.
After Jesus left this earth, some people decided that he was not a real material person.
The best evidence, I think, is from Paul.
Paul was not an eyewitness, but knew all the people who were.
Paul discounted all the myth of the man, Jesus and focused on what his life meant to us and his continuing ministry, in heaven.
Instead of highlighting the power of the man, jesus, Paul focused on his self restraint.
Make sure you do not get confused by what some people consider a work of Paul, namely, the Book of hebrews.
Hebrews is a flawed document and has lead to a lot of misunderstanding among christians who the book was not written for, in the first place.
Paul does not look at Jesus as some sort of ritual sacrifice to a bloodthirsty god.
Jesus was killed by the people who should have been passing down to the common man, all the benifits God has in store for them.
Jesus died a hidious death that was very pubic and well known to the masses of Jews, at a time when they were brought together from the world.
Jesus went past his death and made himself know to thousands and left this earth in a pubic way.
Jesus set himself as an example to all believers, of the transcendence from this life, to a higher place.
God has given us a path to that place, through the blood of Christ.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
hey guys, thanks keeping it nice. I guess there are many different views on jesus christ, and god for that matter. We have believers, non-believers and people that just wanna smoke weed with him.

Guys, I did this to make a simple point! We are all different people, with different throught and different, believes. That is what make this life so cool, we can choose how we see fit, and ATS gives us the freedom of speech to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join