It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Christ.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello ATS members.

We often hear two sides to the argument when it come to Jesus Christ.

We have the side that belive in Christ as the Lord God, and saver, and those who feel he is a fraud.

I would be really interested to hear as to which sect you belong, and your reaqsons for this.

All comments very welcome, and keep it nice.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You been looking at the Earth lately?
You really think this HUMONGOUS planet and ALL of humanity happened by itself? I am pretty damn sure it didn't.

Anyone who doesn't believe in God, has never taken a walk in nature. They spend most of their time, inside of man-made buildings fooling around with man-made technology.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wow23

I will second the idea of "keep it nice" in this thread. I can see where many people would feel strongly on this issue, even aggressively.

But bear in mind that civility will be maintained.

I just wanted everyone to know I was watching.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

I see your point and respect it. However, what I do not get from your point is where God came from? If there was a big bang, and God created all that we see in the Universe, then what happened to him? Surely if such an explosion occured, he must have died with it?

There are many beautiful planets that we know off within our solor system alone. Earth, whilst beautiful is nothing special in the spectrum of the universe. I cannot begin to see what there could out there in the universe.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've never been in space, and frankly I don't believe in space. Pictures I've seen of other planets, scientists telling me how far away the lights I see at night are. I don't believe them. Until I'm in space and I see first hand how big it really is, I don't believe. I actually never even think that far ahead. I think about Earth, thats the only planet I'm on, thats the only one that should matter.

I don't know where God came from, I've never asked him. I never will either, it isn't my business and I'm not concerned about it. I just live man.. I don't worry about anything besides my family and friends.

A big bang? Who knows, no one was alive back then, no one has the right to say it happened. Unless someone here was there riding on some rock in space, watching it all happen, no one can know, and no one can ever say otherwise. I don't believe in science they say they can trace history, I say their full of it.

You ever been out in the universe? You been to all those other planets that you've heard of? How do you know that they're beautiful?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
I've never been in space, and frankly I don't believe in space. Pictures I've seen of other planets, scientists telling me how far away the lights I see at night are. I don't believe them. Until I'm in space and I see first hand how big it really is, I don't believe. I actually never even think that far ahead. I think about Earth, thats the only planet I'm on, thats the only one that should matter.

I don't know where God came from, I've never asked him. I never will either, it isn't my business and I'm not concerned about it. I just live man.. I don't worry about anything besides my family and friends.

A big bang? Who knows, no one was alive back then, no one has the right to say it happened. Unless someone here was there riding on some rock in space, watching it all happen, no one can know, and no one can ever say otherwise. I don't believe in science they say they can trace history, I say their full of it.

You ever been out in the universe? You been to all those other planets that you've heard of? How do you know that they're beautiful?

You don't belive in Space? But you believe in God? WOW!! You can look into a telescope and see other Planets you can't look into a Telescope and see God.

Can I also ask how you know "God" is a "HE"? Women bear children doesn't it make a little sense "God" would be in the form of the "Bearer"?

I don't believe in God unless of course its the little voice in my Mind telling me "Do it, Do it your here to experience all" !!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I don't think God has a gender, it was just what I referred to him as. Just as I did there. I don't feel the need to repeat his name endlessly.

Oh yeah I forgot about telescopes, good one! Maybe I'll check one out one day, see what I see. Until that day, yes, I believe in God and not space. Why?
Because I'm on earth, no other planet means anything to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I believe in God, and I believe Jesus was a real person.
I do not believe Jesus is God.
I believe Jesus when he said that he was the Son of God.
Also that Jesus is the Christ. That is how he became the Son of God.
Being the most successful of those anointed to be representative of God's people, he deserves to be called Lord and will continue on in that capacity untill God sees fit to give him any further promotions.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by ATruGod

I don't think God has a gender, it was just what I referred to him as. Just as I did there. I don't feel the need to repeat his name endlessly.

Oh yeah I forgot about telescopes, good one! Maybe I'll check one out one day, see what I see. Until that day, yes, I believe in God and not space. Why?
Because I'm on earth, no other planet means anything to me.

Thats quite the narrow view you have....glad its yours.

What is the one thing "God" wants from us?
Obedience/Servitude.

Can anybody say anything different?

So we are nothing but Eternal Slaves given free will, but if we use that free will wrong we will be punished to "Hell".

Man this sounds almost as bad as the Government.

Actually this brings me back to my Theory about Religion being a form of Government that failed and these people werent told that theres a new system.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You really think this HUMONGOUS planet and ALL of humanity happened by itself? I am pretty damn sure it didn't.

Anyone who doesn't believe in God, has never taken a walk in nature. They spend most of their time, inside of man-made buildings fooling around with man-made technology.

The OP asked your thoughts on Christ as in the spirit inside the man Jesus, and whether you believe that is a fraud or not. You answered that nature is proof of God and everyone who doesn't believe in God has not been outside and spends all their time indoors.

That's just crazy logic.

Anyway's that wasn't an attack on you, just pointing out that you did not directly answer the question.

I believe Jesus did not exist and the evidence for him is designed to trick us into idol worship. The underlying message can be used to see God, but not if you focus on someone else saving you.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

God wants me to be the opposite of obedient. He doesn't want me to serve him, he doesn't want me to worship him. I insult him on a daily basis. He just wants me to live as best I can. And thats what I do.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You don't beleive in space? For 200k you will be allowed to take a trip out into space and orbit the earth. You don't beleive in space? Why?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

Now you're talking. God wants you to be yourself. Not be an obedient slave. If that means being disobedient, then he loves you the same.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I'm pretty sure the OP got what he asked for in my answer. He knew I believed in God from my response. That was his question wasn't it?

Yes, I know exactly what my answer was, I don't need you to tell me. I can refresh the page and read it all day if I want.

I thank you kindly for calling me crazy. I would have gone with insane.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

I just don't believe in it. You got a problem with that?
Whats it to you?

Yeah sure thing pal. Just gimme 200k. HAH!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

So we are nothing but Eternal Slaves given free will, but if we use that free will wrong we will be punished to "Hell".

Man this sounds almost as bad as the Government.

Actually this brings me back to my Theory about Religion being a form of Government that failed and these people werent told that theres a new system.

Love it!

My thoughts on Jesus, just to stick my 2 pence in are;

The whole Jesus thing is a story, a way to explain the life we are always asking questions about, quite a few people know about what i'm about to say but basically Jesus is not the son of god, he is the SUN of god, representative of the sun in our solar system, the 12 deciples, are representatives of the 12 signs of the zodiac, and basically the bible and christianity as are a thousand other religions are all based on astrology

if you don't believe me you can google it and thousands of people will tell you the same thing,

as for whether or not there was an actual person named Jesus, who was born in a barn and got into alternative politics, then assasinated etc who knows? i'm not doubting his existance as a person, but to idolize a person, is not in my nature anyways. yes we should respect one another, but really we are all sons and daughters of what people call god, and there isn't another human out there who is a lesser person or more special than me, we are all equal.. although i think teachers get some brownie points!!

I completely agree with atrugod, religion is now a conspiracy, merely there to divide and conquer, and now they have achieved that to the best of their ability, broken us down into lesser forms of humans and blatent slaves who can not and will not think for ourselves they want to squash us back together under the one world government and have their way with the world

it's all very twisted if you ask me

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by ATruGod

God wants me to be the opposite of obedient. He doesn't want me to serve him, he doesn't want me to worship him. I insult him on a daily basis. He just wants me to live as best I can. And thats what I do.

So you are being sarcastic im guessing? So you don't disagree? *confused*

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

This thread isn't about me, why don't you get back on topic buddy?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

yep, nature is awesome, ain't it?

humongous?
someone sure has a very distorted view of things. we live on a speck. hell, our entire galaxy is a speck in the vast expanse that is our universe.

you may be "pretty damn sure" that things didn't arise naturally, but you really have no evidence.

quite the nice stereotype you have going there, but i love hiking and camping. i doubt i'm the only atheist that has this interest

anyway, on to the topic. my thoughts on jesus is that he possibly didn't exist. if jesus did exist, i'm highly doubtful about that whole "son of god" thing, but i'm not sure if he would have made that claim himself in the scenario where he did exist. it's very likely that it may have been attributed to him post-posthumously. what's even more likely is that the character "jesus" was created as an amalgamation of several people claiming to be the messiah at the time and figures that had been introduced from other mythologies.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't think that any of you have raised a valid argument against the existence of Jesus Christ. I don't think that it's anything to argue about that he existed, but whether he is the Son of God or not.

Logic would dictate that if at the time that if there was a band of people writing about the Son of God and how he was incarnate, and he never actually existed, there would also be a band of people writing "Not true, this man Jesus never existed." But that is not what happened. There were disputes on whether he was indeed the true Messiah, but there were not disputes of whether this man existed or not.

With all due respect ben91069, your belief that Jesus never existed is as valid as saying that 1Crisis saying that he doesn't believe in space.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join