It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria ready for US military action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Syria ready for US military action

www.news.com.au

SYRIAN Foreign Minister Walid Muallem said overnight Damascus is prepared for all scenarios in its worsening relationship with Washington, including the use of US military force.

"A prudent person must make all his calculations, especially when we have to deal with an administration which knows how to strike but does not know how to withdraw," Mr Muallem said at the end of an Arab summit in Damascus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Mr Muallem makes very hard conclusion from US administrations incompetence of handling situations, and in driving interests.

One of the wisdom of battle, is to know when, and how to withdraw from battle. All battles witch last too long, are lost by all sides.

There should always be a plan to do that, and courage to make that at right time, witch is best for your own cause. Attacking and withdrawing are both equal ways to fight.

If you dont accept your places and times for combats, then its the time.

Iran and Syria are ready, no question about that. When they try to open discussions in recent summit, US make everything to block that from happening.

When you are not willing to use your words, you are ready to use your sword.

www.news.com.au

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

One of the wisdom of battle, is to know when, and how to withdraw from battle. All battles witch last too long, are lost by all sides.
witch is best for your own cause
There should always be a plan to do that, and courage to make that at right time, witch is best for your own cause. Attacking and withdrawing are both equal ways to fight.

www.news.com.au

Since we have never been given a clear reason as to what the Bush Administration's real cause for being there is, it is tough to say when the right time to withdraw would be. I think there are reasons that are not shared with the public and based off of those reasons, they do not want to get out of Iraq. The question is, what is the real reason? Profit, oil, long term presence in the ME, staging ground for war with Iran.... it could be any number of things.

Unless the government does an about face and suddenly becomes honest with the people, we will never know why we are there or when the mission is really accomplished.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
That is just too funny, really.

Israel is more than capable of flattening both countries and the US is MUCH more powerful.

The only thing that those two are preparing to do is be flattened when they start a war.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

A country that is powerful enough to go around flattening other countries is not only cause for concern in the global community, but frightening. A country that is powerful enough to go around flattening countries should have the ability to work towards other ends to achieve peace rather than flexing muscle to prove their dominance.

This eye for an eye mentality is what is going to destroy the planet. We don't need 2012, aliens, NWO, or any of the other conspiracies. Us people are doing quite well enough of a job by ourselves.

Am I the only one that remembers America as the country that was not only the superpower, but also the diplomatic beacon, who could use their clout in the rest of the world to defuse situations, instead of striking the match?

And before I read any of this "But they did x, and they said x, and they want to destroy x, and they sent missiles to x, and they have a culture of x," since when did we lower our standards to the point that we were willing to be just as bad as they are. We were supposed to be the shining light to the rest of the world, instead we're nothing more than a Syria or Iran with more nukes and a bigger budget.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Exactly,

for all we know, its coming along precisley as desired.
Disease, Death, Starvation and suffering mean humanity loses, not the US government.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
That is just too funny, really.

Israel is more than capable of flattening both countries and the US is MUCH more powerful.

The only thing that those two are preparing to do is be flattened when they start a war.

israel is not capable of flattening both countries as you said.
Firstly, don't trust claims from previous wars. You would be surprised to find out how many planes israel lost in a dogfights alone. Of course israeli version is 170-0 and similar stories to keep people happy and believing in their superiority.
Story for kids btw.
Secondly, your statement above is terrifying for any half-normal person and it shows ignorance, massive lack of education, compassion and understanding for virtually every political event in the world.
Also, majority of us here are against Nazi and zionist policy which you clearly represent.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

You can't have both. You have to pick one, either Zionist or Nazi. Putting those two together is like Black Klansmen, Gay Southern Baptists, White Panthers, and Chevy Fords
It just can't be done.

Nazis are against Zionists, Zionists are against Nazis. When was the last time anyone saw a skinhead rally or march promoting Israel?

[edit on 31/3/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

^ dont we already have a topic on this?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Am I the only one that remembers America as the country that was not only the superpower, but also the diplomatic beacon, who could use their clout in the rest of the world to defuse situations, instead of striking the match?

No, your not the only one, my childhood memories are filled with american cartoons and tv shows, everything that was cool, or good seemed to come from america. America was the shining light, as it was portrayed to be. The west were the good guys, the reds were the bad guys, everyone knew there place. But things have changed. History is bending to itself. The weight america once had has become a burden. With every passing year, the bridges get older, the roads more coarse. The buildings are abandonded, and new ones built, because its cheaper then redoing the old one, on and on, the infrastructure slowly decays with less and less being spent.Every year the cost of infrastructure grows, till all thats left to spend is on the bare essentials.
Just like russia.America, to me, is like a modern day rome, nero's at the helm and the future ain't so bright.Russia broke up but survived, I think thats what will happen with America, once its finished canablising itself

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
"Nazis are against Zionists, Zionists are against Nazis. When was the last time anyone saw a skinhead rally or march promoting Israel?"

Their ideologies are identical in fact! So much that I can't see the difference. Skinheads might not promote the israels policy but if they look closely they will see that they are brothers in arms.
My point was to this lost soul that he is heavily brainwashed to see that israel wouldn't be able to afford single squadron of planes, let alone whole army if they were not sponsored heavily and entirely by USA (American taxpayers).
For what reason and why is beyond me?!?
Someone else is running US forces that much is obvious!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Sorry from my delayed answer, I just find great threat, and a new member posting that:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The question is, what is the real reason?

Answer can not be exact, its wide, and its also change its form when times go forward. Reason in beginning can be mostly different than today, but some of it elements doesnt go away, so long as same war is taking place.

In region and our time, there has been three wars between US and Iraq. Every war has its goals, and we can see that goals were achieved in both of first and second wars. Third is still in stale mate.

First was the liberation of Kuwait.
Second was oversight of Saddam regime.
Third was occupying of Iraq.

I assume you question those reasons for the third war.

In war there are many interest taking their places, and giving their own goals. Usually made by economic, or religious views those can be achieved, or you can lose your momentums to get those.

In finding the important answer, and you are not making the decissions, or feel un trust towards what has been said by your generals, you have to ask what has been achieved? And what is we are trying to get achieved here?

Combat situations, in battlefields front lines of different types of forms of warfare, we had seen multiple faces for many interests. Thats is what somebody is attacking, and what somebody is defending. Many time in this confusing war, battles has taken places in many different places, all over the world, and by many different interests defending them.

Simple reasons by achievements:
Price of oil, what was promised to rise with three times, is achieved.
Saddam and its government is over run by US, is achieved.
Control of holy places in Iraq, is achieved.
Huge amounts of weapons used, with minimum losses, is achieved.

I see that achieved when Bush take his historical speech in deck of the carrier: "Mission Accomplished" He wasnt lying that time.

In all of his, and whole US point of view, all the goals what they had put to their fighting forces was truly achieved, and generals lift their hands up, "Nothing more to win here, sir." And he say it to the public with thankful thoughts. Now it was time for the plan of withdraw.

Like wisdom what Syrian minister just said with other words, "War is more than just fighting your goals in battle." And that wisdom havent reach the coast of USA by this day. Its so sad, but true.

Main reason for todays fighting is in repairing the mistakes, what they have done before. Thats difficult when same war is still going, with trying to keep goals, witch has already one time achieved. When we talk about quaqmire of Iraq, we are closer for truth of that situation now. Us is no more attacking, but defending, and they try to do that in foreign soil, with their own values, and by them self.

Reason why they are doing these Basra conflicts and building Iraq army, is to make them self as third party of the crises, but I see its impossible task, even to one of the best and wise generals that US has, like Petraeus or Mr Fallon. If you start the war, you will suffer its all effects. You just can not lift your self above the war, if you are reason for that.

Veterans of USA are widely trying to get that message out to public, there is no shame in withdraw, its arts of war by itself, great part of all battles!

Then we have to ask, why are they not doing what is best, even if and when they learn these facts? I see that Iraq was just a step for mr Bush and global agenda of Christian world. Crusade was in beginning, and their eyes was already in greater reasons than beating poor country and its weak forces. And they still want to look to that dream: Dominance of middle-east.

I dont go so far now, because my friend owns a Ice-Hockey team, and some satellite will show their crucial play-off game here in other side of the world...

But to the end...

Reason for continuing war in Iraq today are tied to great mistakes they had in their plans in beginning. Facts and imagination of future situation was ignored and those who warn from it, was thrown to sidelines.

Greed of victory was greatest reason. With mighty army like US, with most advanced weapons and trained, motivated combat troops, you just can not loose. That is a fact. They play wargame, and they play it with great effects. And their incredible success was the begin of great defeat.

When general said in public that "combat operations went better than nobody had guts to believe" he was not talking lies. It really went, but somebody really should give that though to CEO:s. So what, you may ask?

I understand that great mistake when Iraqs national museum gets robbed. From that moment I understand that US is not winning this war, but losing it, even if they win all the battles in future. There was no plan. Nobody expect that victory will come so easy, and there was no preparations for it.

Keeping goals.

You need somebody between fighting forces, and public. Between sides, and between population. You need to secure the stance of population, to win its support, and that US has lost, and thats why it will loose the war.

I just can not understand why they took that greed to over run their minds. They run to victory, to overthrow the statues of government and holy places, and those images was shown to world... US steps down to its greed.

I said that the, and I said that now: Where is the police, where is the plan? Who will keep the public safe, and who will keep their goals? Peace keeping is much more difficult than waging wars and battles.

After all I just say this, slow steps is always good steps when victory is in sight. All the hurry is gone, cause you already see the way. Why they just didnt stop their moves, and set their supporting forces behind attacking forces? If they had no plan to secure the capital, they should done it BEFORE they enter to it!

In beginning I didnt understand why English had any fighting forces in ground? Where they too greed to share the victory, to take pride to them self too? In my eyes, US forces was more than enough to do that by soldiers views. They should been that now hardly needed 4th part of the problem after "Mission Accomplished" ... Peace Keeping Forces Of Iraq, and its mighty attacked US force should been lifted away from the battlefield they conquered.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Niteboy:
"A country that is powerful enough to go around flattening other countries is not only cause for concern in the global community, but frightening. A country that is powerful enough to go around flattening countries should have the ability to work towards other ends to achieve peace rather than flexing muscle to prove their dominance. "

True, but that is completely off topic.

The topic is Syria preparing for war with the US.

My point is Syria could not hope to do anything but lose a war....very badly.

The issue of if there should be a war or not can be the point of another post-perhaps you, niteboy can write it.

Aplon:
"Secondly, your statement above is terrifying for any half-normal person and it shows ignorance, massive lack of education, compassion and understanding for virtually every political event in the world.
Also, majority of us here are against Nazi and zionist policy which you clearly represent"

Personal attack-clearly you have no facts to add to the debate so you slip into personal attacks.

I have twice before asked you to define Zionism is previous posts.
Since you use the term, you should at the very least be able to say what it means.

I clearly support nazi's-again personal attack.

Again clearly you have no facts to support your opinion, so you move to personal attacks.

I seem to remember personal attacks like that being against TAC here.

Aplon:
"Their ideologies are identical in fact! So much that I can't see the difference"
(refering to Nazi's and Zionists)

Again, please define those terms, if you know what they mean. Thank you.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I believe you are misunderstanding the story Mon.

The topic is Syria preparing for war with the US.

My point is Syria could not hope to do anything but lose a war....very badly.

The issue of if there should be a war or not can be the point of another post-perhaps you, niteboy can write it.

Last I checked Syria is preparing to be attacked by the US. What else would they do but prepare for that attack? It is hardly humorous, should they instead sit by idle while attacked?

Whether I agree with Syria or Iran is not the point. The point is that a country has only one choice when threatened, and that is to be sure that they are as prepared as can be before the aggression begins.

How does one start a multinational war in one's own country when the planes are coming from across an ocean to bomb you?

And as far as remaining on topic, I am posting as a member, not staff, and I can guarantee you that I was on topic. I could not think of a more appropriate place to condemn a potential war than a thread discussing preparation for that war.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't believe Syria thinks they can defeat the US, but are preparing for an attack nonetheless. Of course we can bomb them back into the stone ages, but what's the point? Who's interests will it serve?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
"Last I checked Syria is preparing to be attacked by the US. What else would they do but prepare for that attack? It is hardly humorous, should they instead sit by idle while attacked?"

It is funny, because they are acting like they will start a war and win it.
It is funny/sad/dilusional to think they can win-that is what I found funny-not war in general

"Whether I agree with Syria or Iran is not the point. The point is that a country has only one choice when threatened, and that is to be sure that they are as prepared as can be before the aggression begins."

Please provide links where the US is threatening Syria with an unprovoked attack??

"And as far as remaining on topic, I am posting as a member, not staff, and I can guarantee you that I was on topic. I could not think of a more appropriate place to condemn a potential war than a thread discussing preparation for that war."

As far as I am concerned, your postion at ATS is meaningless in terms of posts and replies.
I give you nothing just because you are a super mod.
If I disagree with what you post, I will say so, why and then disprove it.

No, YOU are off topic.
The topic is Syria preparing for war and indirectly, their mouthing off on what they will do.........
Weather there should be a war or not is another topic/post.
This topic is the prepartion for war and all that involves.

Again, create a thread about "IF" there should be a war, this one is about preparing and mouthing off (by Syria).

Niteboy, I like you and respect your opinions. But you are wrong...this time.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

They, Syria did not give a real reason for preparing for war.(preparing for all possibilites is a BS answer)

I mean, what have they done or are preparing to do that would cause them to be attacked by the US?????

Remember a little bit ago Syria was saber rattling about taking back the Golan Hights" that it lost when they Attacked Israel and had there rears handed to them.

It was pointed out in a post here, that that area is the largest/main source of fresh water for Israel.

With that in mind, they (Syria) might try to do something stupid like attack Israel...again (you would think they had learned their lesson by now).

If Syria attacks Israel, then, I can see the US militarily attacking Syria.

I highly doubt any preemptive strikes will occur-they will need to do something stupid.

top topics

join