It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am an Anarchist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I believe people have the ability to govern themselves yet should have rolemodels and education during there young life so that they can mature to protect themselves as well as their family while an adult. I believe there should be a government similar to Ancient Greece with the philosophers on top and less educated on the bottom or, pure Democracy. If we must have a Republic I am for State Rights.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GODD
I believe people have the ability to govern themselves yet should have rolemodels and education during there young life so that they can mature to protect themselves as well as their family while an adult. I believe there should be a government similar to Ancient Greece with the philosophers on top and less educated on the bottom or, pure Democracy. If we must have a Republic I am for State Rights.

I wouldnt say anything you said clearly marked you as the antichrist. No tatoos or anything more damning? Actually in all seriousness I think your ideas arent evil and I wouldnt call you antichrist but enlightened.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would like Anarchy. My beliefs fall somewhere between there and Libertarian

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I wouldnt say anything you said clearly marked you as the antichrist. No tatoos or anything more damning? Actually in all seriousness I think your ideas arent evil and I wouldnt call you antichrist but enlightened.

Anarchist Dude not antichrist......LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Anarchist Dude not antichrist......LOL

Dude I have to get my eyes checked. Like soon.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So...many...contradictions...must...show...Kirk...on..Horse.

Makes more sense that you.:shk: You aren't an anarchist, friend. Not even close. And THAT's not pure democracy with the elite on top.

:shk::shk::shk:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
With governments in control we can never have 100% freedom nor justice.

Its a hard choice between aboslute freedom and safety and support that governments bring.

But let me put it this way....I look foreward to the day that the U.S. falls becuase then we shall have true freedom...freedom that you can actually defend youself.Its sad when somebody would rather loose all electricity,wal-marts and t.v. in order to be a real free person.

Its your choice but I really wish americans would stop saying america is the home of the free.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Ok...an anarchist is someone who believes there should be no government at all (which is really absurd). You have no idea what you are talking about, and I'm guessing you're some teenager who stumbled upon an "AnaRcHy" website and thought it sounds cool, and now here you are...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
100% freedom is not possible.

Even if all forms of government went the way of the dodo (sp) we would naturally create hierarchal systems locally which would of course curtail freedom yet again.

As much as I would love to live in Eden, it ain't gonna happen, we should just do the best we can with what we have.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What does this have to with the antichrst????????????????????????????????????/

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
"mmmmmmmmmm.........organized crime....*drool*"
- Homer Simpson

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
What does this have to with the antichrst????????????????????????????????????/

Absolutely nothing, that is why it says anarchist, not atichrist..

REREAD!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

believe there should be a government similar to Ancient Greece with the philosophers on top and less educated on the bottom or, pure Democracy. If we must have a Republic I am for State Rights.

And just what do you think our system is based on? Do we not currently have such a Senate? Do we not have rule by the elite? (as far as money and power are concerned)... And the same corruption that happened to the Greeks and the Romans, is happening to us as well....

Anarchy would mean mob rule....see a Mad Max flick for how this would look.... Bad idea.....

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

believe there should be a government similar to Ancient Greece with the philosophers on top and less educated on the bottom or, pure Democracy. If we must have a Republic I am for State Rights.

And just what do you think our system is based on? Do we not currently have such a Senate? Do we not have rule by the elite? (as far as money and power are concerned)... And the same corruption that happened to the Greeks and the Romans, is happening to us as well....

Anarchy would mean mob rule....see a Mad Max flick for how this would look.... Bad idea.....

No, that would be a Mobocracy.

Anarchy is NO rule.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You are obviusly not an Anarchist. I think you should educate yourself a bit on what Anarchy and Anarchism is also.

It does not look like many of you know what anarchism is. Some of it could be blamed on the english language. Dany is correct in saying that Anarchy is no rule... but anarchy is not lawlessness or a system without rules. there are laws and rules in an Anarchy.. but there is no rule.

To quote the Anarchist International Information Service on this:

The words anarchy and anarchism are a bit problematic. Sorry to say, anglophone languages are very much twisted in an Orwellian "1984" "newspeak" way, to fool the people via the education to worship authority, compared to Nordic language, say,

A. Rules, rule = regler, regel (relatively fixed ways to settle things in an orderly way, i.e. regulations and regulatory means); but also

B. Rules, rule = hersking, hersker, herske (to be an arch/ruler, act as an arch, bestiality).

Thus in English/American the words 'archein (Greek) = herske (Nordic)' is translated to B. "rule" = to be an arch etc., but "rule" also is used as A. 'regel' = "rule" (i.e. rule(s) in the meaning of relatively fixed way(s) to settle things, disputes and conflicts in an orderly way, i.e. regulations and regulatory means = regel/regler). And thus, due to using one word to mean two very different things, i.e. A. and B, the anglophones are forced in an authoritarian way to think very much false and wrong about realities, with respect to anarchy, freedom and authority, that the Scandinavian people are not to the same extent. See the point! Anglophones are very much fooled by the authorities in this way, thus you probably cannot easily think free, but like a slave via psychological ruling, to think authority = ruler is necessary to keep order. In Norwegian a situation "an (without) arch(y)" "uten hersker" may very well considered to be with 'regler' because "hersker" = rules, and "regler" = rules, are quite different words. This is very difficult to understand with an anglophone basis.

So... If I want to explain a system withouth a rule, but with rules and laws using the Norwegian language, I would have no problem. But this is hard using english. Read more about this here: www.anarchy.no...

The word anarchy origins from greek. The prefix "an" means "negation of" and "arch" means "superior" or something similar. Anarchy mean: "coordination on equal footing, without superiors and subordinates, i.e. horizontal organization and co-operation without coercion."

This is NOT anything like the authoritarian tendencies mentioned in the thread earlier. Mob rule, chaos and lawlessness are different types of superiors and subordinates. It's authoritarian. Anarchism is NOT authoritarian.

People always mix up anarchy, anarchist and anarchism with authoritarian tendencies: "Chaos, disorder, mob rule*, lawlessness, the law of the jungle, criminality, riots, theft, corruption, drugs, mafia, terrorism, autocratic rule, the right to the strongest, antisocial tyrannic behavior, etc. i.e. different types of superiors and subordinates" Either of ignorance or with the intention to harm the Anarchist movement. This is also done quite effectivly by Ochlarist infliltrators to the Anarchist movement... Like punk kids throwing rocks at the police and not respecting laws by princip. They are NOT Anarchists.

If you want to learn more about anarchism, I suggest www.anarchy.no... This is the websites of the Anarchist International and the Anarchists in Norway. This is not just a website I found surfing... It is the website of the oldest Norwegian anarchist organisation. They actually know what they are talking about.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by AntiSystem]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Anarchy itself is a form of government, so does it even exist?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes. It is a system for governing things on equal footing. Regardless of what most people think, anarchy is system and control...not chaos. So yes, it exists just as much as marxism, fascism or any other system exists. There will of course be different people who handle different things in an Anarchy. There will be policing, there will be laws and there will we councils. Noone said government (governing is probably the correct word here.) didn't exist in anarchism (well, actually... a lot of people did, hehe... but that's wrong.). There will not be a government ruling from the top down, but there will be a system that is governed horizontaly in direct democracy. But I really think I should read up on the exact meaning of the word "gorvernment" before I talk about this any further. As I pointed out in my last post... Political systems and terms can be hard to understand because of differences in laguage sometimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
what kind of goober would want no order and rampant crime?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You have it all wrong bushfriend.

That is not what it is. Anarchism is like communism in that it can not work and is nothing more than a lofty notion.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Pure Democracy WON'T work. Read history and my tagline below.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join