It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Cop Harassing Young Skaters Video... 13 year old girl...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I was going to post this video in an old thread that discussed a video of a cop harassing a 14 year old skater, but that thread is dead, so I'm starting this one.

It seems that this cop not only felt it was right to manhandle a couple of young skaters, but also a young female.

Personally, I dont care what the hell a couple of young kids say to a cop, as long as its not threatening.
The cop should be mature enough to understand that these kids are immature, and its not his place to teach them life lessons... especially not with handcuffs.
But I'll let you guys decide for yourself:

Do you guys think our law enforcers should be allowed to treat kids this way?
Its no wonder why our kids grow up with a bad impression of the police.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think the ocifer might just have a little chip on his shoulder?

Maybe he could never figure out how to ollie?

That being said something obviously ticked him off and we didn't see what that was, also the kid that got away was lucky he didn't get shot.

Happy go skate boarding day...

That gunna end up on a T.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
yeah, I would like to know what preceded the video, however, these are 13 year old kids, so i doubt that it could have been anything that bad.
The kids kept repeating "for skateboarding?"
and I liked how the cop told the kid he would spray him if he moved lol, at least he gave some warning eh?
as for the running away part, yeah, the kids were wrong, but seeing how the cop handled their friend, I dont know what I would have done at that age.
I dont think they had to worry about being shot though, thats kinda harsh for anyone running away, let alone kids.

anyone else have some opinions of this video?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am getting so sick and tired of this BULL!!!!!

It is NOT that hard to fire a police officer.. (If you can call them that)

I'm tired of power hungry idiots ruining the profession I have devoted my life to upholding...

I'm sick and tired of "Professionals" (Using that term very loosely) loosing their composure when some "KIDS" maintain theirs...

I am disgusted with out of control COPS!!!!!

MAN!!!!! I hate my job sometimes.....

(Sorry RANT, bad day)

But I feel better..

Semper

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hey Semper,

I didn't know you were a officer!
obviously military, but not an police officer!

Thats cool though.
I know many cops myself that are just fine, but I agree, this guy lost his cool.
and unfortunately, we are seeing more and more cases like this for reasons so dumbfounded it boggles my mind.

I wonder if the officers in the areas we are seeing these types of occurrences in have been ordered to be more harsh, given more authority, or if they simply feel superior for some reason.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Looks like a case of loss of self control and professional demeanor...

Two HUGE things an Officer should never lose....

I mean really!!! Who cares of some skateboarding kids run away?

When I was working Narcotics, I am not about to tell you I caught EVERY one that ran... That would be a lie and you would all see through it; and that was drug dealers... GOD FORBID I lose a dangerous skateboarder.....

As an Officer, a Professional, you NEVER, EVER Lose your cool.... That is the earmark of a good cop...

I still say fire him and anyone like him.

Semper

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
we need more cops like you Semper.
they exist, but we need more of them.

I'm glad to see that even though your a police officer you dont hold a bias.

did you catch the other video of a cop yelling and harassing a 14 yr old skateboarder?

Related Thread

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There will always be those in positions of "authority" who abuse their power.

I've had a few poor experiences with police, and have since lost a lot of faith in the effectiveness and integrity of law enforcement. I've seen the first video before, pretty disturbing but I feel there's more to the story we didn't see.

The second video you posted Odessy is just despicable. The officer really is harassing and disturbing the peace. I'm sure that sorry excuse for an man would much rather mess with a few teenagers than accomplish some actual police work. He even looks a pig.

The law enforcement officers in my town seem to generally respect people and do a fine job, though there are definitely exceptions. It's good to know there are some cops that are actually looking out for the safety of the public.

join