It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Exploration and the Role of ETs. Downfall or Rise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Heres something Ive pondered lately. If we are hellbent on establishing a base on the moon and subsequently land on mars. If Aliens truly exist, what is their response to man stretching his grasp out. Do you think people on the moon and mars may see UFOs as well? Its an interesting idea that the Alien phenommena may die down if it is uncorroborated on other planets.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Heres something Ive pondered lately. If we are hellbent on establishing a base on the moon and subsequently land on mars. If Aliens truly exist, what is their response to man stretching his grasp out. Do you think people on the moon and mars may see UFOs as well? Its an interesting idea that the Alien phenommena may die down if it is uncorroborated on other planets.
I think that people who establish themselves on other planets will see UFO's on the moon as well as Mars. But I believe that UFO's are more prevalent on Earth because of the great variety of life that exists here. They are abducting people, which is proof that they have an interest in the human race.

I doubt that the alien phenomena will die down as we visit other planets. It most likey will be more prevalent.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Do I think people on the Moon and Mars may see UFOs as well? I think that our astronauts that went to the Moon already saw them, and a base. A couple of Disclosure Project witnesses are testifying as such anyway. Our probes that have gone to the Moon and Mars have seen them as well. The odd Moon & Mars landmarks brought to our attention by Richard Hoagland and the oddity of the end of the Russian Mars probe Phobos II definitely have my attention. Our probes that get sent to Mars usually fail and a great number of Moon probes have as well.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think the whole reason for the space race was to collect intelligence about ET and/or establish contact. The US was afraid that Nazis and then Soviets had or were about to establish diplomatic ties with extraterrestrials. Take a look at the history of space exploration. The Soviets threw enormous resources into that effort and the USA went into a panic over it. Why were the Soviets so interested in exploring Venus and the Moon?

I think the Russkies initially believed that Venus was the likely origin of the UFOs visiting earth because its heavy cloud layer suggested a dense atmosphere and possible rain. During the '40s and '50s there was popular speculation that giant tropical rain forests covered the surface of Venus. There were also many popular UFO stories about earth contactees who had met Venusians and traveled as guests to their planet and back.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A few things that have gone through my head are that there are problems on Mars nearly all the time with probes maybe there are some sort of ET life who are causing these problems to stop us advancing I don't it will be long before we are exploring planets i.e. Us becoming the Aliens and maybe there trying to stop that from happening like they don't want any sort of competition.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Mikomi]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I think the real question is "Will they interpret man leaving the craddle of the mind as a threat to them?"

Quite obviously it's a yes or no question. If they're hostile, of course. If they're not, well then I guess they have nothing to be worried about, aside from their potential real estate.

When you think about it, there are hundreads of place in the solar system - if not thousands- for people or aliens to inhabit. The gas giants have lots of moons, and there are lots of asteroids to mine and harvest. However, why couldn't aliens be living on one of them?

DE

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Until we develop drives that can get us to the next star system, I don't think they'll give a rat's ass about our little geologic expeditions in this solar system...and it will be business as usual....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I can't work out why so much money spent
landing vehicles on moon/mars. The mars express
is doing a great job, at a much lower risk. i.e. Landing.

I mean, over the past 30ish years, most of us have
got the general idea that satellite's are the best bet.

Whatever we do will be 'squat' 2 E.T's rise or downfall.
If they want to check us out they will.
I am skeptical about Grey's, etc ever having landed here
but i do believe in a universe with billions of planets
that have various life forms

new topics

top topics

join