It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LiveLeak: 'Anti-Islam' Film Pulled After Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I had just posted a thread regarding the Vatican's announcement that Muslims outnumber catholics, then i found this also about religion, but felt it needed its on thread, but theres seems alot of "islam this, islam that" in the media lately.
I actually dont follow any religion, but find it odd that this web site, has caused this reaction, its totally unbiased, insurgents post their video's as well as our army's post their battles, its open to most things, so why then is an islam film pulled when they can post their video's of people chanting death to whoever??

A London-based internet site has pulled a controversial 'anti-Islam' film after its staff were threatened.

LiveLeak described the threats as "very serious".

Liveleak said its decision to not to show the film was a "sad day for freedom of speech".

source.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Denied]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Because anything we do upsets Islam. I swear I could fart and if it sounds the least bit anti-Islamic then I better watch my back for the next year or so.

In all seriousness, why cant they realize that we are NOT them? We live our lives differently, we have different views on everything from religion, to clothing, to what we eat. They should realize that and accept the fact that we do NOT want to be like them, and actually enjoy what little freedoms we have left. By them sending death threats for the stupidest reasons is just alienating them more from modern societies.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here is a statement from Liveleak on their site.

Link.

And here is a news report about the film, with parts of it shown.

Link.

And here is a link to the actual film if anyones interested, you have to be logged into youtube to play it, im not a member but could watch the top link about the film, also its in english
, and the controversial film is in dutch, but here you go.

Link.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Denied]

new topics

join