It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should La Senza target girls of five with underwear like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

A High Street lingerie chain has provoked a storm of controversy after launching an underwear line for girls as young as five.
La Senza's new range, which is aimed at youngsters aged between five and 12, contains lacy cropped tops with adjustable straps and pink frilly pants with love-heart details.
Most of the bra-like tops, which stop just above the midriff, are crossed over at the front to imitate adult underwear.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is where good parenting comes in. If parents will stop buying this for their children, its fair to assume companies wont make them.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its a non issue, its the Daily Mail, stop reading it.

It is considered a complete joke paper here.

Now you might have had something if it was about g strings for 9 year olds. Now I think thats going too far.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
From what I read in the article, and the pictures of the clothing associated with it - I see nothing wrong with what was on there. Now, if they were trying to sell thongs, corsets, lace panties, etc.. then I do agree that would be gong too far.

Its not so much sexualizing children as it is the way society has become. When these little girls see all the popular and highly adored women of today dressing like absolute skanks, they dont realize that the way they dress is mostly for sexual attention. To a child they just think that its the new style. I think with strong parenting, education, and self-esteem, the children will realize they dont have to dress like adults to be liked, that they should just be themselves and enjoy their childhood the way they want to, not the way the adults do.

join