It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Security Bracelet / Electro-Muscular Disruptor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Lamperd has developed a "security" bracelet which it hopes to market to homeland security and airlines. This bracelet would be obtained at the check-in desk and be coded with all your required info. The bracelet would act as your ticket device.

The bracelet also can be equipped with an electro-muscular disruptor. This would act on a person like a taser. The idea is that it could deter terrorists and also allow airline crew members to disable some or all of the passengers via the bracelet device.

My thoughts are that their marketing video preys on the fears of the uniformed. A person still has more chance of dying from a car crash or disease than from a terror attack.

Also what is to keep a determined person from removing the bracelet? How can they be shocked into submission when the bracelet is lying broken on the ground?

Thoughts?

Content Websites...
www.propagandamatrix.com
Lamperd Website

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Imagine sitting on a plane for 20 hours in constant fear that some crew member makes a mistake and sends thousands of volts through your body?
Argh, this really annoys me, as no matter how much opposition there is to things like this, once the idea is out there a final product is guaranteed to exist, given enough time.

Kind of reminds me of the neckrings featured in Schwarzenegger's film The Running Man, where prisoners get their heads blown off if the collars are activated when they pass between beams.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I'm not really in jewelry. Why can't they just lock the cockpit? If the terrorists can't get to the cockpit they can't take over the plane. You start making those bracelets and you'll get a terrorist posing as a flight attendant zapping everyone on the plane.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So... they want me to voluntarily put on a bracelet that I could be tasered with at any moment? I think I'll pass!

Also what is to keep a determined person from removing the bracelet? How can they be shocked into submission when the bracelet is lying broken on the ground?

Thoughts?

Maybe they could add something to set off an alarm when it is removed, but that doesn't do a lot of good when the terrorist is on the plane, waits until he is ready, then rips off the bracelet and starts hijacking the plane.

This is, as AllSeeingI put it, a "Bad, Bad Idea." It would do absolutely nothing to deter a terrorist, and make airline passengers a lot more uncomfortable. I can't imagine any airline using these on ordinary passengers. It might have some use when transporting high-risk prisoners, but there is no way this should ever be used on the ordinary citizen.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't want to sit on a plane for hours with a potential taser on my wrist!

Anyway what if the cabin crew were outnumbered by terrorists, the terrorists get access to the 'electrocute passenger' button and taser all of the passengers so that they can't do anything to defend the plane.. bad idea.

Here's my new invention, fit pepper spray canisters to the back of every headrest, that way if people start getting a bit loud or getting nuts all over the floor, cabin crew can give em' a quick sprayin!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
That just sounds like a phenomenally bad idea. Not only is it an inconvenience, but any terrorist could *just take it off* before hijacking. And how is the crew supposed to electrocute only the terrorists? would they just zap everyone besides the flight crew?

This is as dumb as those new portable polygraphs some company is trying to sell to the government. The damn things don't work in the first place, so making it portable doesn't help anyone.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Where are all the loons now, saying if you have done nothing wrong, why are you scared, lol.

They should bring stuff like this in just for those people.

Obviously if people put these on, who says who they use it against. Planks of wood, giving out drinks, yippy.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have a few concerns about this.

1: Bad fliers. Some people have a general fear of flying, many people freak out before the plane has even taken off. They aren't there to cause any problems, they simply become nervous... I repeat there are ALLOT of people like this.
You will see most of them tasered simply because they're afraid of flying. Given the nervous state they are already in, cardiac arrest is highly likely.

2: Terrorists. This is supposed to stop them how? All they have to do is cut it off.
And another point to make, is if they tackle the remote off the crew, or find the frequency themselves, they can set off everyones taser bracelets... preventing anyone from stopping them. Essentially, you just handed the terrorists a weapon.

3: Stupid airline crews. Yep, they're people, they make bad judgment calls. They get peeved at people... they are people just like you and I, someone's going to be dumb enough to think settling an argument with thousands of volts is a good idea.

4: Bombs.
Most bombs these days are triggered by a high voltage surge.
... yep, you might think you're stopping him from setting off that device... in effect, you just set it off yourself. Good job.
(Or, if he wants a backup detonator, placing the bracelet on the explosives would be one heck of a backup in case you try to subdue him.)

All in all... BAD idea.
A bad idea fueled by peoples ignorance to the fact that right now, there really isn't a terrorist threat anyways.
But... as they say, a lie repeated enough times, becomes the truth to the reader.

(Don't go to the grocery store... Al-Qaeda may have planted bombs in those cereal boxes... or your car... or your children's backpacks... or your fridge... or the sidewalk... COME ON! Wake up. Nobody has died as a result of a terrorist attack in North America since 9/11... which, statistically, means every year since 2001, there has been a ZERO chance of being attacked by terrorists.)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The application of such a device would be tantamount to making airline passengers dogs from the moment of check-in until they exit their destination airport. It is just like the electric "invisible" fence and shock collar people outfit their dogs with.

Regarding removing it, I suspect that they'd account for this and make it out of something sufficiently resistant to cutting and tearing. Tampering with it would set off an alarm, just like tampering with the smoke detectors in plane lavatories supposedly does.

The worst thing about it isn't the possibility of malfunction, but what it would be like when working as intended: a source of constant fear used to control you, threatening you with temporary incapacitation and extreme pain. Its a control-freak's dream-come-true. Perhaps in a more innocent time I'd laud this invention for its potential life-saving value in prisons, where subduing an inmate without risk to the guards is ideal, but for everyday citizens under no suspicion of wrongdoing in a country which (claims to) forbid illegal search and seizure, require probable cause, prohibit cruel and unusual punishment, prohibit discrimination, and generally be "free" such a device has absolutely no acceptable place outside the prison population. None. Whatsoever. Its better than the RFID chip, which I'm sure it would implement, because not only could it track you, it could also subdue (or possibly kill) you.

The closest thing to this we have in use today is the "ankle bracelet" used to track persons placed under house arrest. But these people have been found guilty in a court of law and by a jury of their peers of breaking a law. Airline passengers have not. In fact, most people are incredibly cautious when flying, not wanting to arouse any suspicion whatsoever, let alone risk being tasered. Deploying such a device in the hopes that it could be used against would-be terrorists is a blatant attempt at circumventing biased screening practices. Its like putting everyone who owns a gun on an FBI watch-list because some of them might use the guns illegally. Downright undemocratic.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Oh yeah thats a good idea... heart patients, children, old people, pregnant women... oh yes thats super, fit them with a bracelt that may kill them or their children...

I am old enough to rememebr when flying was super fun, a super adventure. The cabin crews looked out for you, the airport was filled with smiley staff.

Now its filled with Nazis, Stasi and gun toting fear mongerers. Add to this the BS staff at security and this is just another step to make travel unpleasent enough that the masses will stop moving around.

Thats the plan. Reduce and stop our movements as a contained country is a inprisoned country.

This is BS and they know it.

top topics

join