It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

invisible tank!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
www.armedforces-int.com...

ministry of defence developing an invisible tank
is it really possible

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
yeah james bond did it and wonderwoman too. it's a headache to find where you park though.
i think it's easier to buy more camouflage paint and build 1000 tanks for the value of 1 invisible tank.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What I have understand, its very possible, and even seen military video where British tank disappear in testing site.

Its over 15 yrs when Russia make their first fighter jet, what you could not see with clear eyes, based on electro magnetic trick for natural eyes to see.

What I have understand, planes did still could seen in radars, so its not effective way to hide it from counter measures, AA Guns and missiles. Thats why it has been only like in experimental level in aircraft jets.

But tanks are different, because there is no radars to worry about in land to land situations, and observers are using their eyes. Have british buy that technology from russians, can not say, but they are not first on this.

Maybe with tanks, but not in tech in general.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Oh they might be making a tank that can go higher density(dimension) to 5th physical density tank; those Americans are sure advancing.

Well their JETS go at 5 th physical density; I guess they are engineering other military crafts that can go at this level.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
is is amazing finaly invisible technology is here

unless this is fake but if its real, cooool

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Invisibility, always an interesting topic.

There's been talk/rumors of such tanks for awhile now. If you're looking for a bit more more info, you may be able to dig something up in one of these threads.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Its an extension of technology that was preview years ago. Back then they had a soldier with uniform covered in thousands of little reflective plates and in a surrounding of trees it reflected all the trees. So if he didn't move he blended into the back ground. I think they called it camouflage

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If the tank is invisible because cameras on the back of it are being used to generate images on screens to the front of it in order to give the appearance of transparancy, how do they account for any shadow that the tank may throw on the ground? While I may not be able to see the tank while looking directly at it, I could certainly see its shadow on the ground as cast by the sun, be it under the tank from a midday sun or to the side of it as thrown from a rising or setting sun.

new topics

top topics

join