It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vivid Daydreaming, Imagination: Frustration!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've always had a vivid imagination, at least I think it is and I suppose that's all that matters with something like your imagination. I also daydream extremely vividly, particularly if I'm listening to good music and occasionally I can sort of have it 'triggered' by looking at an object or image or after hearing something.

I'm not talking about 'vivid' as in I see... I don't know an imaginary bat flying around my room that I can't discern from reality, nothing 'crazy' like that. I just zone out and get really deeply involved in fantasies, daydreams and my own imagination in general. Often it'll feel like I've been 'in it' for a while, but I'll sort of come back out and almost no time has passed. I always found the speed the brain can process stuff like this amazing.

I should also say so that I don't sound egotistical, I don't think this makes me THA BEST!!!1 and much to my dismay I'm horrible at art and everything, so there's no way for me to express my own imagination into the real world. Bummer!

Now I can draw my own physical/psychological conclusions about why this is so, I'm also about as straight-edge as you get (I don't like that term though) so drugs aren't playing a part here! I thought I'd hear the side I'm reluctant to hear though, the more obscure side to do with spirituality or aliens or god know's what else!

What do you guys think about this stuff happening? Are there alternative theories on this sort of stuff?

In a way it actually annoys me. The stuff is so vivid yet usually utterly impossible that it becomes frustrating. I'll refrain from using specific examples (that's personal!) but needless to say I can imagine incredible things that I wish were real, yet never will be and it leaves me hurting a bit. *Sigh*

Ahh well. Perhaps everyone is the same in this regard and I'm overemphasising how much of an issue it is, I don't know, but I wanted to get some alternative views on it as this is about as far-out as I go.

Oh and... I thought of taking this to BTS, but I'm interested in 'crazy' or 'alternative' theories about it, not the facts or theories I already know.

[edit on 30/3/08 by Duality]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I just edited the OP a lot, so if it looks different now sorry guys! I just made it a hell of a lot less confusing, took out the poor structuring.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
I just edited the OP a lot, so if it looks different now sorry guys! I just made it a hell of a lot less confusing, took out the poor structuring.

looks and sounds to me that you are being led around by forces that possibally feel threaen by you figuring out the real plot of this game (life)...

Looking at your name is ironic since its duality you are battling with ..
you have these things infront of you and you search for the connecting similarities in order o make sence when in fact you should just be aware that they are there and doesn't really matter what is happening ...
the job is to confuse and distract..And i would say it is working..

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Duality I can personally relate having lived on this planet for 45 yrs changling is normal. What seems over the top today will become commonplace tomorrow. I don't mean to sound incredulous, but things have a way of working themselves out. I hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Duality I can personally relate having lived on this planet for 45 yrs changling is normal. What seems over the top today will become commonplace tomorrow. I don't mean to sound incredulous, but things have a way of working themselves out. I hope that helps.

You are so right i know understand my old people when i was younger saw what we did as common as somthing rediculous...and my wife and I are now looking at things on the net and seeing some insane behavior and thinking are we just getting old....Nope people are just getting weirder and stupider...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I also have extremely vivd daydreams, i just zone out for what seems like ages, either daydreaming or having an in-depth converstaion with myself, then suddenly 'snapping out of it' and finding little or no time has passed.

My mother is the same, quite often she stares into space and daydreams.

I also keep getting a weird feeling now and again, like theres something i'm meant to be doing, something that could change things......don't know what it is though, lol, probably jsut the imagination

I also get the urge just to get up and go out, do some exploring or something..I think it is related to the above feeling, and I think both are related to being able to imagine lots of things and ideas but most of those things being impossible and unachievable.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by owzitgarn]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by owzitgarn
I also get the urge just to get up and go out, do some exploring or something..I think it is related to the above feeling, and I think both are related to being able to imagine lots of things and ideas but most of those things being impossible and unachievable.

Wow, now that I can relate to. It's actually a pain for me because I know I should be studying and whatnot on weekends but I have to get out and go somewhere or it gets to me.

top topics

join