It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hoaxers hoax......

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's all fun and games, until something unusal impacts you directly. And I guess it goes along with, to say that it's human nature to try to do everything within that humans grasp, all they need is a reason to do it.

Bottom Line, there are 7 Billion reason for anyone to do anything. All you need is motivation or have the desire to do it.

The end result is usually a CLUSTER **** for everyone else!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hoaxers hoax because believers believe.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hoaxers hoax because they only have the truth of a life that is a lie and they won't settle until the rest of the planet is as miserable and mis-informed as they are.

Speak'

[edit on 31-3-2008 by SpeakEasyOne]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Who really cares if your hoax is a hoax or not. Either way - your post is in extremely poor taste and immature. If you are telling the truth about being a hoaxer, then you plainly don't deserve your membership here IMHO.

As the saying goes, "If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem".

[edit on 30/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

Well obviously you care, because you repsonded and gave your 'IMHO'

and if youre into sayings, how about "use a thief to catch a thief"?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar
"use a thief to catch a thief"?

Yep, I'm common with the phrase - but I don't see how it applies in your case. As far as seeing if it's humanly possible to create crop circles - well - that's already been done a long time ago and by many. Notably MIT students.

I can't see how another faked crop circle can get us closer to the truth or how another balloon hoax can get us closer to the truth. Unless it's something new that no-one else has tried, it's scientific and specified as such to the public, then it's just another annoying hoax for serious researchers.

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...."

Sure people will contact police and media outlets, people will exaggerate and there will be a wide variety "witness accounts". We already know all this. Judging by your own words in this thread, your not doing anything new.

Anyway, that's my 2 pennies worth on hoaxing! Yes I care - otherwise I wouldn't have initially responded. I shan't be back to this thread so there's no point continuing the discussion further . I only came for my rebuttal, rebuttal.

IRM Out!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

how about tweaking the phrase "use a hoaxer to catch a hoaxer"? Any clearer?
Does that mean Im putting myself forward as the ultimate debunker? No, I dont have the commitment for that, but it does put me in a frame of mind of looking at the evidence and then thinking 'how would I do that?'

Thanks for adding me to your 'respected foe' list

A good question would be, how much real evidence has been classified as debunked?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I forgot to search for like titled threads, sorry to the originator of another why hoaxers hoax thread.

I guess from what most of you have said I still have a whole lot of learnin to do on the UFO subject and ways to debunk. If hoaxers are just the trolls of the UFO community, it's gonna be an interesting ride.....I hate trolls.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was going to go into a diatribe of reasons why hoaxers do what they do but threadfall nailed it with a very large hammer.

Bored persons, usually fairly intelligent and semi-talented, needing entertainment (or playing out a bet) will hoax in areas like ufology because they can thoroughly enjoy watching gullible, coweyed "bleevers" salivate to no end over their wares/product. They then can stroke themselves and giggle like schoolgirls at the results of their work or be stroked by others who are like minded. Maybe they do it just to test their skillz, to improve their art so to speak. Is it mean? I guess if you are unfortunate enough to be a believer who has been duped by one of these guys it would be. Its a game, tired of watching it personally...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What is a hoax, in this quantum multiverse?

Everything that can happen is now happening, period.

That there are no absolutes, is the only absolute.

Hizenberg can't measure the state of an atom, how can you measure the state of truth of a story?

Proof is a cruel myth imposed on your closed mind by the elite who have convinced you that nothing is real unless they tell you it is, or if the teller gives you this mythical 'proof' wich anyone who knows quantum mechanics will tell you isn't real.

I am positive that any story a hoaxer can make up is actualy happening, the only question is wether it is happening in OUR universe.

Right now all naysayers who read this post are convicted so deeply by its truth, that they start to turn to donkeys. And all that knew this to start with who read this gain 500pts on thier IQ's as a result of the truths activateing new portions of thier brains wich exsist in other dimensions. All of this DID just happen somewhere in the multi-verse.

But also somewhere out there in the multi-verse all you naysayers are correct, and somewhere else its YOU writting this plea to insanity.

Opening your mind doesn't let your brain fall out, it lets wisdom and truth fall IN. Your horizons are as broad as you will let them be, its your brain that holds your mind back, let it go.

EDIT by me to add this:

Imagine the darkest room that ever was, but is surrounded by broad daylight. Now imagine opening the door to this room, does the darkness spill out, or does the light spill in? It is dark inside your mind, but open it, and the light will pour inside.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by HellHound63S]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just a thought.

Hoaxers before Disclosure.

We do it just for fun we do it just for fame,
We do it for the money and for making name.
We do it to mislead and really hoped that people said.
Ufo’s are not real and really no big deal.

Hoaxers during Disclosure.

We didn’t do it for the fun we didn’t do it for the fame,
We didn’t do it for the money or for making name.
We never wanted to mislead and really hoped that people said.
Hoaxes are not real and really no big deal.

[edit on 1/4/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I dont know why they do it... it is pretty damn irritating though...

The best I can figure, is maybe they do it because they truly don't believe. They don't believe in the possibility, and they think that if they can "create" a hoax, then everyone else who posts must also be "hoaxing"...

Maybe all they are trying to prove, is the possibility of all sightings being "hoaxes" because if "they" can create a hoax, its possible that all other sightings are hoaxes as well?

I dont know.. but it makes it harder for true sightings and evidence to be taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I can completely agree with this.

People do not just hoax about aliens and UFOs. They hoax about ANYTHING and everything.

I have posted on other message boards before - nothing to do with conspiracies....and I have seen some outlandish hoaxes.

I witnessed one hoax happen from beginning to end...where a woman claimed to be dirt poor, having many physical problems, a daughter who had had over 20 surgeries and a husband who was dying.......she collected hundreds of dollars of cash and gifts.....all later to be caught for being being a hoax.

Another woman claimed she was dying of cancer....then her apparent husband came on and posted a fake obituary to announce her death - after many had sent cards and gifts and befriended her.

People hoax because they can and they get some kind of high off of watching people fall for their hoax. They probably have no friends and are lonely and bored. There will ALWAYS be someone to fall for someone's hoax. Some people believe text before they use reason and logic. Its quite sad really.

This is why I dont believe things here or anywhere, just because they are posted. I have seen way too many hoaxes and frauds....even here.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

This is a psychological problem I know nothing about.

We all know that government space ships exists and the pressure is too much.

For those who know and for those that don't know.

Always assume you know and they can't bother you.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
Hoaxers hoax because believers believe.

I really like this quote, so do you think it's bad to believe in anything because of the possibility of a hoax?

If I can say something, half the fun of looking at stuff is to debunk the hoax and aren't hoaxes the silver lining to someextent. They cause you too look at life a little differently then you are used to.

Does anyone remember the Angel Light, turned god light that supposedly cured everything it shined on? My dad loves that kind of mystical healing stuff and I told him about it and he wanted the inventors phone number. Later on my research indicated that this guy decided to sell his invention on ebay to the highest bidder, that proved to me it was a hoax all along. If someone really had an invention that cured everything would they dare to sell it on ebay? If anyone still believes in the god light let us know.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't tend to think of people who hoax much, but I must say hat the crop circle thing does kind of upset me. Not because of the hoax in and of itself but because of its unintended effect. People tend to forget that "crops" are peoples "livelihood" and I don't know that any joke is worth taking food out of some child's mouth, as a gag.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sacerd

Excellent point, it seems like you are ok with hoaxers as long as it doesn't hurt anything or anyone. I have to say that got me to, that it was a total waste of good crops and wasn't really convincing anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brickhouse32
reply to post by sacerd

Excellent point, it seems like you are ok with hoaxers as long as it doesn't hurt anything or anyone. I have to say that got me to, that it was a total waste of good crops and wasn't really convincing anyway.

Oh yeah I like a joke as much as the next guy.
Even as a believer in some of the "paranormal" I still feel that the fact is, if you cant laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at? Besides I actually do see a benefit in some hoaxes. It forces us believers to really learn how to make a good case for the paranormal to those who are a bit more skeptical as we will have all that experience is debunking the hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

So basically you are admitting you have nothing better to do than add more noise to an already incredibly complex subject that can use all the help it can get!

"Sir", you epitimise dishonesty!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've never hoaxed, I've never put a posting or a
thread on here that was fake, but designed to look
real.
I've 'enlarged' certain facts already discussed on this site
and I have mocked the overall 'eyes-forward' belief system
that resides here.

If hoaxers and 'funny bunnies' didn't come here, it would
be a bleak place. At least the believers... that's the guys
who REALLY think they're Grays or have hidden info, may
have achance at 'turning' a hoaxer/sceptic or debunker,
while they spin their web.

Anyway, when ATS gets it radio station etc. running, we'll
all get a piece of the profits won't we?
I mean, after all where would this site be without us?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join