It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Education System put so much emphasis on US history?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Embrace Ignorance!
and paranoia

Originally posted by thetruth77
(My history books never had) a SINGLE reference to Freemasonry.

There were absolutely NO mentions of MKULTRA, PHEONIX program, operation PAPERCLIP, and Wall Street funding the Nazis.

You want them to teach conspiracy theories in school history class?

Try to keep a sense of reality. These things are fun to speculate about in a 'what-if' kind of way, but the operative part of the phrase 'conspiracy theory' is 'con'. If you have come to believe they are really true, not only has your time in high school been wasted, but you are in danger of poisoning not only your future but your sanity.

My sincere wish for you is that you grow out of this nonsense, and fast. Nine out of ten high-school conspiracy enthusiasts do, so there's hope.

Originally posted by lnaphx

I would recommend that you try to find some English translations of some Asian country's history books to its students - they are all bent towards their own interests too.

Bang on -- in fact, the garbage they teach their citizens as history beggars belief. Syrian children are taught that humanity arose in Syria. Japanese kids learn that the Second World War wasn't their grandparents' fault. In my own country, I remember being taught a load of rubbish about how the majority ethnic group is of 'Aryan' descent (and the majority ethnic group in my country is lactose intolerant!) Some of this stuff is hilarious.

I wonder what they teach as history in the schools of North Korea.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Astyanax]

<< 1   >>

join