It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien artifacts on the moon - six Apollo images

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

Hi, and thanks again for your interest. I will try to be more spesific, with the risk of making a complete fool of myself. I am not excactly an engineer, and english is not my native language:

In the first image, I see some kind of long teethed gear. This feature can also be seen clearly in another Apollo image, so it is not just a trick of light or an illusion. (See my first post to find the numbers of the different images, and go to Apollo Lunar Surface Journal and check for yourself.)

Second image: I really don't know what to say about this feature, which is right in the middle of the picture. (The one I call "little devil". As a joke, I would like to add, before someone thinks I'm seing actual gods or angels or devils on the moon!) Anyway, I think this feature looks like some kind of mechanical artifact. Like a very peculiar pair of scissors, perhaps? I have no way of telling just how big this feature is, but it can also be seen perfectly clear in another Apollo image, so it is not an illusion or trick of light, either.

Third image: The thing that the astronaut (Gene Cernan) holds in his hand, is quite symmetrical. In the reflection in the astronauts visor, you can se that one of the artifacts "teeth" is perfectly sqaure, and another one is triangular. It also looks like the feature has a little hole, right in the middle of it. To me, this thing looks like some kind of gear. I hope that is the right term.

Fourth image: This round "rock" looks almost like artwork to me. I think it is quite beautiful, and if you think of it like a kind of face (NOT that I belive it is any kind of face or skull!!), you can se a very symmetrical feature where the face's "eye" would be. (And again, I do NOT see a face or an eye here!)

Fifth image: This rock has defintive carvings on it, in my opinion. And since someone suggested that the astronauts made these carvings when they took samples, I posted an image below to explain why I disagree. The rock in the image also has a very beautiful feature near the bottom of the image. I have no doubt that this is artificial.

Sixth image: This rock, which in some ways looks like a crocodile (to be perfectly clear, I do NOT see a crocodile on the moon!) has a strange feature right in the middle of it. I think it looks like it has some kind of handles. Artificial handles, made by intelligent life. I think this rock once was part of some kind of machine, or perhaps was a machine itself.

I hope I have been able to make things a little clearer. I really do not know how to explain this better. It has never been my intention to refuse to say what I see in the images.

Best regards. Ziggystar60.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm just not seeing anything interesting or unusual in these pictures. Oddly shaped rocks just aren't that intriguing for me. It's purely my opinion, of course, but nothing in these pictures makes me think I'm seeing any sort of artifact.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
I'm just not seeing anything interesting or unusual in these pictures. Oddly shaped rocks just aren't that intriguing for me. It's purely my opinion, of course, but nothing in these pictures makes me think I'm seeing any sort of artifact.

That is quite all right, and I respect your opinion. I am just happy that you took the time to look at the images, and I am interested in all kinds of responses to them.

Thanks from Ziggystar60.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thank you.

1st Image: I still see nothing.

2nd Image: I see what you're talking about. I see a roughyl scissor shape, but the fact that they are round, not close to symmetrical, and not one piece elads me to beleive they're jsut regualr rock.

3rd Image: I see no hole. I do see your "teeth", but that is casued by the astronauts fingers blocking your view of the rock. Look again. However, I do see what appear to be two "teeth" on top. It is a strange, flat, toothed object, I've never seen anything like that in moon pictures before. I almost want to say it's a part of his camera equipment (film or plate?). Unfortunately, you ahve the incorrect image reference number, so I can't research it further right now.

4th Image: I see what you mean. The almost vertical flat sides are itneresting.

5th Image: I see what appear to be scratches, but it could be a trick of shadow.

6th Image: I see protrusion, but they don't look like handles to me.

Thank you for the explanation. The third image is actually quite itneresting.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

3rd Image: I see no hole. I do see your "teeth", but that is casued by the astronauts fingers blocking your view of the rock. Look again. However, I do see what appear to be two "teeth" on top. It is a strange, flat, toothed object, I've never seen anything like that in moon pictures before. I almost want to say it's a part of his camera equipment (film or plate?). Unfortunately, you ahve the incorrect image reference number, so I can't research it further right now.

Hi, and thanks for reply. I have doublecheched the image number, and it is correct. You just have to zoom in on the astronaut. He is at the right edge of the image.
I actually think that is why NASA slipped up and released this photograph - back then, they could not know that people like me one day would be sitting at home, zooming in on things...

By the way, NASA's themselves describes this picture as Gene Cernan studying a sample tanken from the lunar surface. So it can not be a piece of the astronauts' own photo equipment.

Best regards, Zigggystar60.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
D'oh, I see now. apparently it's a crater sample, which could explain why it looks kind of odd...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
D'oh, I see now. apparently it's a crater sample, which could explain why it looks kind of odd...

Hi, I was just wondering - do crater samples usually look like this? Do you know something spesific about that subject? If so, I hope you will share it with me.

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
In the first image, I see some kind of long teethed gear. This feature can also be seen clearly in another Apollo image, so it is not just a trick of light or an illusion. (See my first post to find the numbers of the different images, and go to Apollo Lunar Surface Journal and check for yourself.)
Do you mean something like this?

If that is the case then I think it's really a trick of the light and shadows.

I think that the marks on the rock from the 5th photo are just a characteristic of the rock, maybe that is the way the rock breaks.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Do you mean something like this?

If that is the case then I think it's really a trick of the light and shadows.

I think that the marks on the rock from the 5th photo are just a characteristic of the rock, maybe that is the way the rock breaks.

I am not sure I understand what you mean about the first image. (The one who looks like a long teethed gear.) Can you explain it to me? I am very interested in your opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't know if I understand you either.

I posted that image to know if what I colourised is what you are seeing as a long teethed gear, I may think that this looks like a gear but you may be referring to a completely different thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I don't know if I understand you either.

I posted that image to know if what I colourised is what you are seeing as a long teethed gear, I may think that this looks like a gear but you may be referring to a completely different thing.

Hi, thanks for answering, I obviously misunderstood you. Sorry about that. Yes, I am referring to the feature that you have colourised. I respect fully that you think it is just a trick of light.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Cool pictures. I did not see anything unusual but I liked the photos. Post more if you have them, please.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
sry, but i don't know what's more disturbing...someone thinking they see artifacts in those photos, or responding to everyone with a "Hi, thanks for your reply"...unless maybe the op was a greeter at walmart?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freakaloin
sry, but i don't know what's more disturbing...someone thinking they see artifacts in those photos, or responding to everyone with a "Hi, thanks for your reply"...unless maybe the op was a greeter at walmart?

I am sorry if I offended you.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In my opinion, rock formations, through time. Everyone will have their opinion on what their eyes see and mind assumes.

I see rock art formations done by time.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I will try to explain why I think that "long teethed gear" is just a trick of the light.

The light is coming from the left and the rocks that have one face turned to the camera have that face in the shadow.

The "gear" is not in the shadow, so it is not facing the camera, although we see by its shape that it must be facing the camera. That makes me think that the shape we see is not the real shape of the object but the result of some parts of the(s) rock(s) being illuminated in a way that makes our brains "see" a familiar shape.

That "gear" appears on other photos (at least 3 more) but always from the same point of view, so we can not know for sure what it shape is.

I hope I made my self clear this time (but I probably didn't
), if I had time I would try to recreate the scene, but unfortunately I haven't.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well Ziggystar60,

It looks as though it's just the two of us then.
I have not made a properly enhanced study of them as yet, having only just d/l'ed the high-rez images from NASA. Even so, i can see multile 'irregularities', even after a cursory examination.

Perhaps, these people genuinely don't see anything unusual in these and myriad other images of the moon. Perhaps, they don't look at the images with the 'right eyes', if that make any sense to anyone. Perhaps, the image recognition part of the population's brains vary in it's perceptional ability from person to person? Who knows, whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to affect me, or you. (or perhaps something IS effecting a change in our perceptions, which allows us to percive not a greater level of detail per-se, but a greater perception of the detail we were seeing. Basically, the right frame of mind. I tend, to look at these images, exactly as i was trained to do whilst in the military. In short - methodically.

I try to leave as many preconceptions from my mind as possible, as someone has mentioned before, if you are looking for something specific, like an owl, chances are sooner or later you'll find a rock or boulder that, in a certain light, kinda looks like an owl.
I zoom right into the image as soon as i open it, then starting at the bottom right corner scan upwards one page width at a time, then scoot along one page to the right at the top, then down to the bottom.. Avoids dealing with 'wishfull seeing' errors so much.

I stop when something unusual, (in that it appear on first glance to be sufficiently different to it's surroundings, that it warrants me thinking 'Hmm, that looks unusual' kind of thing)appears in view, then study the area further etc. etc.. Not anything markedly different to most of you i would imagine.

So i too am very suprised that there is no apparent buzzing going on over these images that are yeilding weird looking objects, and terrain that seems as though it does'nt naturally belong there, and in some cases, looks out and out UN-natural. I am very suprised in fact.

Apart from what i've said above about perceptions , i'm at a loss to properly explain it.

Ah well.

Thanks for posting them, nice images.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by spikey]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Well Ziggystar60,

It looks as though it's just the two of us then.

So i too am very suprised that there is no apparent buzzing going on over these images that are yeilding weird looking objects, and terrain that seems as though it does'nt naturally belong there, and in some cases, looks out and out UN-natural. I am very suprised in fact.

Apart from what i've said above about perceptions , i'm at a loss to properly explain it.

Ah well.

Thanks for posting them, nice images.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by spikey]

Hi, Spikey, and a million thanks.

You have no idea what a relief it was to read your comment! I actually was beginning to feel like the only person in the whole world who saw unusual tings in the images I have posted.

I mean, if not even the people here at ATS can see anything else than just rocks and tricks of light, well... I was beginning to doubt both my own eyes and my sanity, to tell you the truth.

But I also want to say that I have posted U2U's to a couple of the people who claim to know excactly why these features are just odd rocks. One poster in my other thread claimed to be a geologist, and I was of course thrilled, and asked him/her to give some scientific explanation for the shapes and formations. I am still waiting for an answer, and I know that this person has read my U2U and been online.

Another poster seemed to know that the thing the astronaut is holding in his hand in image 3, is just a crater sample. This was appearantly the reason for it's strange appearance. I thought the poster knew something about crater samples that I should be aware of, and asked him/her to share it with me. But no, it turned out the poster knew nothing spesific about crater samples at all...

Obviously, it is very easy for some people to make claims at this forum without anything to back them up.

Anyway, Spikey, you have made my day. Thanks again.

Best regards from Ziggystar60.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by ziggystar60]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Ziggy...where you see a long toothed gear, I see a ninja star and I think that it is solid and not a trick of the light or a shadow.

I do not see anything amazing in the astronauts hands. I see just rocks in the other pics.

The last one is interesting and looks like a key or component from something...

Interesting pics...thank you for sharing

res

[edit on 2-4-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ók ...on looking more at what the astronaut is holding, it appears to be something that interlocks...like a jigsaw puzzle piece. Does not look like a rock. Maybe it is something the mission took with them as opposed to finding on the moon ???

res

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join