It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So old Wukky gets to be alone eh?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well that just sucks. I would think that everyone deserved a little love in their lives but alas. I guess I don't deserve it.

I try everything, I try ignoring women, I try flirting with women. I try being nice and respectful to women. Nada.

So I guess I get to be alone.

I guess it's not the end of the world. Just an aspect of my life I don't get to have anymore.

I guess I will move on. Gotta get that heart hardened I suppose. Just that there is a part of me that so much loved being in love. It's like a drug you know? Theres that rush thinking about that special someone. That drive to make every moment count with them.

Then there's sex, I try not to think about it too often. But that was something in life I really enjoyed. I mean REALLY enjoyed.

But it looks like that part of Old Wukky's life just isn't meant to be. **sigh**

Kind of a rant but more of a self loathing realization.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
When you're least expecting it, I predict the right one will come along & you can put all of this behind you. Keep your chin up WUK, and be patient...it'll happen sooner or later

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There's always Filipino mail order brides..

You sound like where I was at a year ago.. nothing's changed.. I just got to enjoy more time playing with my .. erm instruments..

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Mr. Wukky,
Your pitty me posts are'nt helping you any!
What girl wants to be with a titty baby...know of any?
You need a lil more bite to livin you up a bit!

*Courtney*

You know I kid!

[edit on 3/29/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
LMAO Agent-T
You're too much!

Yep, I suppose he could always go looking for a bride, or spend more time enjoying... as you say....

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Just thank your lucky stars your on the other side of the pond,or I'd be chasing you around the neighbourhood with my y-fronts on my head..

Woowooowoo!!..

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wukky,

You are way to great a guy to go for too long without a love in your life...

Trust me..

I stayed single almost my entire police career until meeting this perfect woman sitting here... Only just a short 8 years ago... Now at 49 I am married and happy.. You will be too...
I say enjoy the single life, I know I sure did, and don't stop looking, but don't get desperate.. Given has a point, women can smell desperate a mile away...

Semper

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wukky, I cannot really add more here than anyone else, except to say that they are correct.
I DO believe that love can and does happen when you least expect it, and even when you aren't really looking for it.
If there is one thing I have learned though, and quite recently, it is that you should not count on someone to love you to make you happy.It's the other way around. Be happy so that others will love to be around you.
Wukky, be happy.You are a young guy still. Focus on other aspects of your life right now.But keep your eyes open.You never know what might come around the corner one day.
Be yourself, put the true you out there for the world to see, and sometime, somewhere, your opposite will attract. And remember this...
True love is not finding the perfect person, but learning to view the imperfect person, perfectly.

There's AD's lightbulb moment for today.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Whatukno, first off please stop with the self-deprecating posts.

Second, ignore the other members advice of "keeping you eyes open" and "the right one will come along eventually." Wrong, in our species, men are usually the ones who must get out there and initiate the courtship process.

So you must be willing to get out there and open the women you want to meet.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather want to make things happen RIGHT NOW instead of waiting for the "right one."

If you need advice or something I'll help but you need to let me know what your sticking points are.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Well that's what AD gets for trying to be nice. Next time I'll keep my 2 cents to myself.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

AD, it's alright that you were trying to be nice. However, I don't agree with certain things that people say. Tomorrow may never come, so get out there and do something about it is what I say. Although I don't always live up to that myself.

You can go on giving your opinion, it doesn't bother me. Just don't expect me to agree with you all the time.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

AD, it's alright that you were trying to be nice. However, I don't agree with certain things that people say. Tomorrow may never come, so get out there and do something about it is what I say. Although I don't always live up to that myself.

You can go on giving your opinion, it doesn't bother me. Just don't expect me to agree with you all the time.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by thehumbleone]

KK. Got it. I don't expect people to agree with me all the time.Very unrealistic.Just excuse my PMSing mood today. Moving on...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

And yet strangely....

MANY others do agree with you AD.....

The FACT of the matter is MY LIFE is a perfect example of your advice being true and right on the money...

No one can "Help" anyone else find love.. That is right from the bottom of the toilet bowl... We all have our own ideas of what that person is suppose to be and AD your closing comment was one of the most outstanding pieces of advice in regards to love...

True love is not finding the perfect person, but learning to view the imperfect person, perfectly.

My wife is not perfect except that she perfectly waited as I did until she was over 40, then we found each other.

Thanks AD.....

Semper

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Your welcome Semper.
>HUGS<
I can give great advice to others..just gotta smack it into my own brain sometimes.

Later biker dude..
AD

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry y'all, this all came about when I came home this morning and found a 20 something coming out of my roommates room.

Dude has like 4 teeth in his head! I was like WTF! hes in his 50s for gods sake! He generally is a complete drunk I just don't get it.

To AGENT_T:

Hmm Filipino mail order brides? uh no

To Givenmay:

Your right, gets to me sometimes though you know?

To semperfortis:

Perhaps being a good guy is a problem, apparently women don't like good guys. My roommate is a prime example of this.

To AccessDenied:

You know I have even given this advice myself. Ugg, patience being one of my virtues does wear thin sometimes.

To thehumbleone:

Thats a problem. In real life I am actually pretty shy. Its one of my problems I suppose.

To Jensouth31:

ugg like I said before I have patience but it's wearing thin.

[edit on 3/29/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hey we could always set up... Dating Top Secret. com

Im in the same situation as you, but as AD said it always happens when you least expect it.

I must add ive been least expecting it for a while now and she still hasnt turned up. How long does it take?

Fear not, we never know whats round the corner...

JQ.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Thats an idea TinMatch.com
Paranoid dating at it's finest
"Our members take each others photos apart and show you why they have been faked"

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by John Q

I must add ive been least expecting it for a while now and she still hasnt turned up. How long does it take?

I'm afraid it's not that easy. (Please hide the soapbox).
You have to be able to recognize it, and keep it. Tis very easy to find love, and lose it.Depends on what you are looking for ,and your expectations of that person.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Perhaps being a good guy is a problem

OK, slip by the house, borrow my Harley and leather vest and go ride the Boulevard..

Seriously though..

Here is my "Ultimate" handbook for men...

"Men's Health"

What Woman Want

Catch Her Eye

Ideal Date

Pass Her Tests

Study and learn...

Semper

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

:confused: It's easy to find love? Really (Jim Carry) Oh REALLLY? lose love I can agree with you. But to find it? Thats hard in my opinion. Especially if your a guy. Not like women beat down our doors

oh what a wonderful world it would be if they would

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join