It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Field trip bus roll-over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
it was a field trip to Western Australia's south west in the Fitzgerald national park, which is essentially in the middle of nowhere, where the minibus that was carrying me and 6 others rolled over after losing control on the dirt road that stretches the length of the park (about 100+ kilometers). It was a geology field trip and we were on the way to West Mt Barren when the bus swerved after hitting a bump and subsequently a ditch, causing the steering to lock. It first swerved right, then the driver attempted to regain control by turning left, causing the bus to slide off the left side of the road, into the bush and to roll over 3/4 of a circle.
Luckily, no one was injured, even since only 2 were warring seat belts, that being the driver and front passenger.

This happened Friday afternoon, around 1:30pm. Thankfully the nearby town (can't remember the name) came into action quite quick and the services were arriving 20+ minutes later. I am rather achy and I have a camera shaped bruise on my right knee but apart from that there aren’t any injuries. The worst was some winding and glass cuts.

I guess it’s just one of those things that you can never expect to happen, ever.

The thing I don’t want to do now, though, is go back to school again...I’d better get an extension on my English assignment

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What a story! Glad to hear you weren't hurt. Sounds pretty unlikely that 4 people weren't wearing seatbelts and yet no one was injured. Thank your lucky stars, I guess.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Unlikely is too small a word. Definitely lucky though, of that there is no doubt.

Wonder if it will make the news?

[edit on 29-3-2008 by funny_pom]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Glad everyone is ok. You probably will be sore for a while and may have new bruising appear for up to a couple of weeks. I live in the states and we just had one of our school buses full of kids roll over last week. Amazingly, all of the kids were fine, no serious injuries. I'd like to see all school buses and mini buses with seat belts. Getting everyone to use them is a different story.

Good luck to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Glad to hear that you are ok. You might even get a little more sore over the next couple of days. Get some rest and milk it all you can to stay out of school for a few days

top topics

join