It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists - How Do You Explain This?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Well, my theory is that the genome is constructed. That all life is based on the same chain of protines. And DNA is a programming language based on four different letters so to speak, lets call it quadnary sequences and combine it with binaries in a computer. If you compare the first digital computer operating system which had the simple function to add two numbers and get it's product, with the newest of the new, you will find some of the same sequences, seamingly unchanged. The same can be theorised with life and DNA. The first operating system didn't naturally evolve to the next using a.i. They were developed. See?

What if God can travel in time?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
So what happens if we kill of all these bacteria/mitochondria?

Maybe we acquired it and were not created with it.

Maybe that is why we no longer live as longs as those listed in the Bible?

Well, if you remove all bacteria and hehe, mitocondrial DNA from the human body we will cease to exist.

As for living longer. Try googling Thelomeres, and you can understand how Man is designed to live a maximum of approxemately 120 years. People have lived longer, but our genes and cells are designed to stop multiplying after 120 years. Btw. Just as the Bible say in Genesis 6.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Well, my theory is that the genome is constructed. That all life is based on the same chain of protines. And DNA is a programming language based on four different letters so to speak, lets call it quadnary sequences and combine it with binaries in a computer. If you compare the first digital computer operating system which had the simple function to add two numbers and get it's product, with the newest of the new, you will find some of the same sequences, seamingly unchanged. The same can be theorised with life and DNA. The first operating system didn't naturally evolve to the next using a.i. They were developed. See?

What if God can travel in time?

Whoa. Slow down there buddy - I have no problem with the programming side of things because IMO the brain is a quantum computer which is hard to explain using evolutionary theory, if not impossible.

Quantum Consciousness ATS

However, there is a limitation to the number of amino acids made by the DNA code - which stands at 20 in animal and plant cells.

However, where did the time travel line come from? Is it to do with genetic engineering? If so, it places limitations on God doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Us humans are travelling in time all the time in my opinion, only spiritual. I believe us humans to be telepathic of nature. Later science concludes that nerve signals are actually radiowaves, called solitones, which more or less debunks the theory presented by Hodgkin-Huxley that brought them the Nobel price. Now if Nerve signals are radiowaves, they can be received by others. My opinon is that there are elements of our brains that function like a quantum radio, which makes it possible to communicate either conciously or unconciously through time using a medium like a book or an LP. When we read books that touch us, we are touched by the multitude of people reading or who has been reading the book, and we connect with the original author who wrote his creative expression and encoded it with his emotions. I am a telepath myself and have experienced many strange things with this. I can only theorise I'm afraid. Just too bad I told my shrink about this. I now have a schizo-type diagnosis...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I have never experienced telepathy but have had strange experiences. For example when my son broke his wrist I had a quick glimpse of what he saw - when I was at work! Wierd huh! However, your theory about the connectedness of life has been expressed by a brilliant ex-scientist called Rupert Sheldrake. I will direct you to his homepage Here.

He has also researched into the possibility that dogs have a telepathic relationship with owners, and, for example, some dogs will go to their front door to wait for their owners ONLY if the owner has left work. It is as if the thoughts have travelled through the air...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I will check out the webpage you mentioned a bit later...

As for dogs' connection to their owners, I know that to be trur. Cats act the same way.

And the vision you had about your son breaking his wrist, that would be a telepathic encounter in my opinion. It can be lingual and it can be visual, or for that matter emotional or straight out physical, like pain for instance.

Edit: Added you as a friend

[edit on 6/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

OK. However, you cannnot make a scientific hypothesis about telepathy based upon a few experimental samples. You would have to perform scientifically valid tests on thousands of individuals. Moreover, why woulg God programme telepathy into us? Did it help you? IMO there are too many mysteries in nature that Science cannot explain properly and we ultimately have to depend upon faith as an all encompassing sight of the truth rather than the power of reason which only sees the Truth in piecemeal fashion.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
God hears your prayers -- telepathy

Prophecy -- telepathy

Spirit -- telepathy

Visions -- telepathy

The bible is all about telepathy.

I have tried to have my shrink test my telepathic ability, but he refuses. I believe the doctors of this world knows about the phenomena, but choose to neglect it and call it schizophrenia. Millions of people claim tto hear voices that aren't their own. And thousands of people claim their thoughts are "broadcasted". They all end up with a schizo-type diagnosis, and they are treated with dopamine blocking medication. There has been done many interresting experiments with telepathy with varying results, from 100% correct to 5% random correctness. Give me some time so I can get home and find some backing up material on this. '___' and Ergot is known to make people experience visions, OBEs, hearing voices and so on. It seams to be connected to dopamine somehow, I'll get back to this. Send me a u2u later if I forget...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0

I have never experienced telepathy but have had strange experiences. For example when my son broke his wrist I had a quick glimpse of what he saw - when I was at work! Wierd huh! However, your theory about the connectedness of life has been expressed by a brilliant ex-scientist called Rupert Sheldrake. I will direct you to his homepage Here.

He has also researched into the possibility that dogs have a telepathic relationship with owners, and, for example, some dogs will go to their front door to wait for their owners ONLY if the owner has left work. It is as if the thoughts have travelled through the air...

hello

why not try to think of it this way

would you agree that Satan/the enemy as a whole can put evil thoughts and desires in your mind?

What then would an Angel of the Lord do? they can go to you, and back to your son almost instantly.

Ezekiel 1:14

And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

sometimes we (i include myself) do not give enough credit to God.

all the best

david

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Once again David, wise words. I never thought of it that way. That means that people with evil intent use Satan's pathway whilst others use an Angelic pathway. Brilliant. and thank you for that contribution. hope you are well.

Now that I have derailed my own thread - back to the topic. I have wondered if evolution and belief in God can exist side by side. However, the vast majority of 'evolutionists' are out to debunk the idea of God altogether and do not have any room for Divine intervention or design.

In basic words, 'evolutionists' can never accept the idea of God, their ideas are all about directed change and selection. And I cannot accept the idea of no God. therefore I shall have to admit that God's idea for putting a bacterial like object in humans is the result of brilliant design. As someone on this thread has already mentioned, humans could not live on the Earth as angelic creatures - they had to resemble the creatures in the Earth and fit in at the top of food chains.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
reply to post by drevill

Once again David, wise words. I never thought of it that way. That means that people with evil intent use Satan's pathway whilst others use an Angelic pathway. Brilliant. and thank you for that contribution. hope you are well.

Now that I have derailed my own thread - back to the topic. I have wondered if evolution and belief in God can exist side by side. However, the vast majority of 'evolutionists' are out to debunk the idea of God altogether and do not have any room for Divine intervention or design.

In basic words, 'evolutionists' can never accept the idea of God, their ideas are all about directed change and selection. And I cannot accept the idea of no God. therefore I shall have to admit that God's idea for putting a bacterial like object in humans is the result of brilliant design. As someone on this thread has already mentioned, humans could not live on the Earth as angelic creatures - they had to resemble the creatures in the Earth and fit in at the top of food chains.

i don't think there is any real evidence of evolution, i believe there is evidence of adaptation

That said i t astounds me that science doesn't stop and think of the consequences of evolution.

let me give you an example, i fish in the see wants to go on to land here are some problems that have to be overcome.

1) there has to be a collective wish to do this, or at least a large percentage of the species

2) what happens to that wish when the individual dies?

3) is this wish passed on to siblings? if so is the wish on a cellular level?

4) there should be some environmental reason for the wish in the first place, how long does evolution need? surely the environmental needs are in constant flux? If so then isnt the evolutionary clock always being restarted

It's not a case of stretching your neck a little higher is it?

all the best

david

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

sorry to go off topic again

this is a but crazy but ive often wondered if Angels do pose as house hold pets from time to time, just to keep a beady eye on us

david

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If god created Adam, then created Eve from Adam's rib then why do we have so many differences in our dna.

Where did the genes for different hair color and skin color come from.

Wouldn't we all just carry the exact same DNA.

Perhaps someone can explain this.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

No problem

see the story about the flood and also look up fallen angels/nephilim

many thanks

david

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

There is a bunch of real evidence for evolution. The only reasons for thinking there isn't is a desire to not want to believe in it, as logical analysis of all the gathered evidence can only lead a person to the conclusion it not only exists, but is happening all around us as we speak.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

Oh, I have a few possibilities:

1. The mitochondria mentioned were in the forbidden fruit eaten by Adam and Eve. That would explain why it was forbidden (since it is apparently linked to disease) as well as some of the wording of the curse ("you shall surely die (bring death)".

2. We have simply not discovered the reason behind it. After all, it wasn't that long ago that 'bad blood' was believed to be the cause for all illness, and it had to be drained to 'cure' the victim.

3. It was introduced into our systems by some other means (as has been suggested already).

4. We ourselves created it in the era since the Industrial Revolution. It wouldn't be the first toxic substance introduced into our food supply in the name of profit.

5. It could be a mutation of the original mitochondria, brought on by any of the above, thus producing the same results. The thing that once helped us to survive is malfunctioning now?

6. We really are millions of years old and evolved into homo sapiens sapiens via evolution, guided by the hand of God. Genesis could be symbolic where we tend to think of it as literal.

That should be enough for now. Remember that all in science is not as it seems. That's why science evolves. Just because something appears to be a certain age, it does not follow it is a certain age. Just because it looks like a cat, don't be surprised if it barks at you.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

hello

you can use that argument for evolutionists

what has science proved? only that it is constantly changing,recalculating,re summarizing.

Most is conjecture a lot is deliberatly made up and that which is observable is measurable

IMHO

david

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
So if god modelled man after himself does this mean god also has components derived from bacteria? If so which came first? The god or the bacterium?

This is just too funny for I have long believed that bacteria was of more use to humans than any concept of gods and godesses.

In monotheistic religion, a new way of thinking was here.. that Gods were not to be worshiped. Then we would no longer fight over them because we would call them angels and worship their creator. This great creator is a great power, yet we can't perceive it without help. God is slow powerful and abrupt. The father that Jesus talked about isn't God but one of the bridges to this power and a fallen angel has no such connection. It's Gods son and called the son of man. It's mind is much like that of a child and yet one finds it's cells in dirt and sleeping in the brains of billions. The immortal Christ that never dies is many minds and one is the lamb of God and another is the lion that dwells in man. You can see it in Egypt and across the Atlantic. A manager of food webs and evolver of animals, yet it's said that what an animals is to be is decided in advance and then the animal is built from an existing animal. It is both created and evolved. Listen to the words of Jesus and you will understand what was talking.

God built cells and thus all life is modeled in his image. One sees this best when one sees many acting as one.

Why do you say "I am"? you are trillions of "I am's" yet you say I am one.

what of ants that all act like one as no ant is in charge of another. There are microbes involved in the ant's collective "I am". Look up walbachia and see that new insects are evolved from dirt. Complete with virgin births and all. With a different "I am" in all.

It is the ego of man that prevents those text's from making sense and it's that same ego that celebrates the death of profits more then their life.

Did man started out with mitochondria? look at the works and see that all animals have them. Mitochondria are in the cells of all animals and required for animal life. The lion laid down with the lamb, as the predator of mitochondria became it's protector and modern cell was possible. Mitochondria are like sheep that live in the belly of a lion.

What would a man that spent his entire life in a window less room know about the sun? Even if he had a book that spoke of the sun he would imagine it not. When one looks at observation or data and it doesn't fit what you believe to be true. It's not the observations or data with the flaw. It's the man with the flaw.

It's both Evolution and Creation. There is both vertical gene transfer and horizontal gene transfer. There is an intelligence in the design and there was an intelligence before life.

Abram was not 9 months old at birth for he had the seed and was older then his years.

Now I think some miss the complexity of cells. You have trillions
Intellectual Honesty - The Cell
www.youtube.com...
David Bolinsky: Fantastic voyage inside a cell
www.youtube.com...
Life Inside a cell
www.youtube.com...

This is old but gives some understanding.
www.youtube.com...
this is a long video with information on Mitochondria.
www.youtube.com...

Apoptosis a cellular process.
www.youtube.com...

Microbes are intelligent just in a different way.
en.wikipedia.org...
"Bacterial linguistic communication and social intelligence"
ctbp3.ucsd.edu:8080...
"Memory in Microbes: Quantifying History-Dependent Behavior in a Bacterium"
www.plosone.org...:doi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0001700
Harnessing Bacterial Intelligence
star.tau.ac.il/~eshel/papers/Riding-final.pdf

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Wow. How do you come up with this stuff?

Science has only one preference - the truth. That's all. It strives to figure out how stuff works. If there was evidence for a god, science would be the loudest supporter. But then that fact makes your argument look ridiculous, so you ignore it, and make up your own explanation of science. Which is all kinds of wrong.

Clearly you don't want to learn anything that might show your indoctrination to be wrong. Which I can understand, as to realise you've been mislead your whole life can surely be painful. I hope you stop embracing ignorance some day.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

hello there

like science you seem to make assumptions. Ive been a Christian for 7 and a half years, im 37 now, so ive had plenty of time before hand to be indoctrinated into the science of the possible and implausable

pick up any news paper and what you find is the following

scientist think,

that A Could, May, might etc

I'm all for science that can quantify and measure and document. However science that is speculation and builds great theory from nothing and pure fabrication is pathetic

Yes i have a faith in Jesus, i have seen and experienced both sides of the coin. I trust God's word 100% just like some people trust very word of science, the difference? I believe God he never changes, unlike the ever shifting science that constantly changes its findings on any given subject.

I believe the promises of God and the path to Salvation and that my faith in Christ is a gift of God by the grace of God. What type of a Christian would i be to then dismiss the other parts of his words after gladly accepting this?

Selfish for a start. but please dont think i accept this blindly i do not. I fully believe that the Bible backs up science in the areas they share.

All the Best

David

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join