It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enron and the President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is an interesting bit of information that you don't hear much about in the media.

Enron's chairman did meet with the president and the vice president in the Oval Office.

Enron gave $420,000 to the president's party over three years.

It donated $100,000 to the president's inauguration festivities.

The Enron chairman stayed at the White House 11 times.

The corporation had access to the administration at its highest levels and even enlisted the Commerce and State Departments to grease deals for it.

The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank subsidized Enron for more than $600 million in just one transaction.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow, a corrupt corporation in close contact with a corrupt organization. That has never happened before, not in America!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
OH KRAZYJETHRO................

You failed to mention that the "President" was CLINTON.......NOT BUSH...............Bad Jethro bad!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I didn't say it was Bush.

But, your right, I did forget to put in that it was Clinton.

Oops, my bad.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The whole Clinton-was-in-bed-with-Enron-too canard.
If there was something, anything, to unearth on Clinton in terms of illegality/improprity....it would have come up in that $70 million witch hunt that used up the time of several hundred Federal Agents.
Remember that the next time you dip into the clinton fairytale bag-O-tricks.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
If there was something, anything, to unearth on Clinton in terms of illegality/improprity....it would have come up in that $70 million witch hunt that used up the time of several hundred Federal Agents.

***clears throat***

The Washington Post reports, �According to internal Enron documents and the recollections of former employees, Chairman Kenneth L. Lay had the ear of top Democrats in the 1980s and �90s.�
According to PoliticalMoneyLine, Enron contributed $532,000 in unregulated �soft money� to Democratic candidates during Election 2000.
Enron�s political action committee gave $10,000 to the New Democrat Network, headed by Senator Joseph Lieberman. Lieberman is now Chairman of the Government Affairs Committee, which will now lead the investigation into the collapse of Enron.
Time magazine, among others, reports that Bill Clinton personally brokered a �sweetheart� deal between Enron and India, which allowed the company to build a $3 billion power plant near Bombay. Four days before the deal went through, Enron gave $100,000 to the Democrats.
Enron participated in several of the illegal Clinton-Gore trade missions, to India and Russia, that are the subject of JW�s Chinagate lawsuit.
Lawyers who helped cover up Bill Clinton�s crimes are now trying to save Enron. Robert Bennett (a defendant in JW�s case on behalf of Dolly Kyle Browning for defamation of character) and Earl J. Silbert (who helped cover up emailgate) are now on Enron�s legal team.

[Edited on 2/23/2004 by Venus]

[Edited on 2/23/2004 by Venus]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is some good reading on Enron as well:
abcnews.go.com...

HUZZAH!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus

***clears throat***

The Washington Post reports, �According to internal Enron documents and the recollections of former employees, Chairman Kenneth L. Lay had the ear of top Democrats in the 1980s and �90s.�
According to PoliticalMoneyLine, Enron contributed $532,000 in unregulated �soft money� to Democratic candidates during Election 2000.
Enron�s political action committee gave $10,000 to the New Democrat Network, headed by Senator Joseph Lieberman. Lieberman is now Chairman of the Government Affairs Committee, which will now lead the investigation into the collapse of Enron.
Time magazine, among others, reports that Bill Clinton personally brokered a �sweetheart� deal between Enron and India, which allowed the company to build a $3 billion power plant near Bombay. Four days before the deal went through, Enron gave $100,000 to the Democrats.
Enron participated in several of the illegal Clinton-Gore trade missions, to India and Russia, that are the subject of JW�s Chinagate lawsuit.
Lawyers who helped cover up Bill Clinton�s crimes are now trying to save Enron. Robert Bennett (a defendant in JW�s case on behalf of Dolly Kyle Browning for defamation of character) and Earl J. Silbert (who helped cover up emailgate) are now on Enron�s legal team.

Venus, I repeat: $70M and several hundred, near a 1000, Federal Agents, a special Prosecutor by the name of Ken Starr and his full staff of lawyers did nothing else for several months than to investigate everything Clinton did in his lifetime - from who he screwed to who he voted for to white tie he wore to his kindergarten graduation.
They found he lied abount an extra marital affair. That it. Zip . Zero.
It's not illegal for companies to back candidates or make political contributions. It is the role of the Commerce department to open new world markets for American industry. It's the role of our president to facilitate trade.
If you can look to the percentage of moneies given, by Enron, to both parties.....I wonder where the lions share would sit? It's rhetorical; they gave GOP 3 to 1. They gave planes to fly Bush campaign staff to Florida. They paid for his whole inaugeration. They've gotten an Energy Poliy and a stay of prosecution o the California price fixing.
Money well spent, huh?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Its not that that Ken Starr could not find anything,its more that it was covered up too well. Not enough proof,dosen't mean he's not guilty. Just means he does not enough to prosecute. He was not given the name "slick willy" because he wrestled in baby oil.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
nyeff, 70 million goes an extremely long way...Clinton would of had to have had God himself do the cleaning of this supposedly huge rap-sheet of wrong doing for Starr not to be able to find enough to prosecute him.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Bout Time - I am going to take my nappy ass back up on the porch because I am no where near ready to play with the BIG DOGS on political issues. I only responded to the original post because I got the same e-mail he did this morning

6 months ago I didn't know the difference between a Democrat and a Republican............but I'm learning

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
nyeff, 70 million goes an extremely long way...Clinton would of had to have had God himself do the cleaning of this supposedly huge rap-sheet of wrong doing for Starr not to be able to find enough to prosecute him.

But I do have common sense !!!

And EVERYONE has a price

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Bout Time - I am going to take my nappy ass back up on the porch because I am no where near ready to play with the BIG DOGS on political issues. I only responded to the original post because I got the same e-mail he did this morning

6 months ago I didn't know the difference between a Democrat and a Republican............but I'm learning

Hey, you're not nappy!

Cool, I will be happy to give you an untainted snapshot of what life was like BC ( before Clinton ) and after, from a hedonistic filthy capitalist NY'r point of view!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Hey, you're not nappy!

Cool, I will be happy to give you an untainted snapshot of what life was like BC ( before Clinton ) and after, from a hedonistic filthy capitalist NY'r point of view!

You scare me

Just kidding....BTW...I have always admired your avatar but never had a chance to tell you

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thank you! He was my first Sports hero....I was about 4.

I'm really just a suave Latin Lover underneath all that noise...don't be scared! Tell your friends....I'm cool like dat!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thank you! He was my first Sports hero....I was about 4.

I'm really just a suave Latin Lover underneath all that noise...don't be scared! Tell your friends....I'm cool like dat!

LOL - Livin La Vida Loca

Ricky? Ricky Martin? Is that you?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Are you really saying that 70 million goes a long way when you are talking about the government?

Hell, Clinton more or less created Enron as we know it, and after they gave all that money to Bush looking for the same help in contracts/grants/loans etc and he said no, they could not hold their corrupt heads up anymore.

Thus the loss of all the jobs. But the job loss is Bush's fault I guess if you look at it that way.

Here's a good read about Enron and Clinton.

top topics

join