It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dedicated music forum(BTS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is just a suggestion

There seems to be a bit of interest in collaborated music projects down in 'Ole BTSland'

Maybe a dedicated small(ish)chunk of server could be put to one side for slightly higher quality file transfers and compatability.(Dare I say *WAV's?.)

Also when projects are posted they could end up in BTS too instead of ATS podcasts with the 'Serious Topics'

(If any members would like this maybe they could just drop a note of approval in here just to see how many would be interested.
Cheers. T)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm working on some material at the moment using the wonderfull ableton live, my acoustic guitar and some romplers + expansion packs for ableton.
I'd love to be able to post the finished product for other members to listen to, and think this is a great idea.
Hopefully, I'll have stuff ready to go by the end of the summer or maybe even a bit earlier.

You have my support - although I think a thread already exists where requests can be posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeah I just 'spammed it'

I thought if I put up a separate one,the question as to how 'desired' it would be(by the members that have shown an interest)would be answered too.

Thanks for the support..
Hope the project goes scrummily succesful.
Gimme a shout if you have something Ableton can't 'play'.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hello there,

I was waiting for someone to propose this idea, personally i think it is a fantastic idea
im all for it man, hands down.

Omega

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Ableton is pretty stable and works well as a sequencer as well as a VST platform.
My music is more acoustic in nature, but I'm using ableton to flesh it out with some brass/horns, piano and percussion.
I've got nexus, trilogy and a couple of other packs, but I'm really looking to get hold of galaxy II - trouble is, it's out of stock at the moment

I've also got a mate who's a sound engineer for mixing - he also plays a mean bass so it's all good for now, except for the galaxy thing, but I can live with that.

There seems to be some good musicians here so hopefully the idea will get lots of support

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Thank's too

Actually, thank's to anyone who replies here.. I don't wan't it to seem like I'm bumping the thread with replies.(maybe once in a while)

It's interested members who should be doing that job.

"WADDA WE WANT? ... Better music hosting..

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"...

Ermm...Well any time that's good for you kind Sir's.. really, I don't want to inconvenience you..

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

You wanna throw reason into the mix too...

I love that program.

Also, if you want some fun things to play with samplewise - check out

remix.nin.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
*cough cough*anyone need a good selection of vsti,then gis a shout *cough cough*

may even start a thread for free plug ins..I'm drunk now,so it ain't gonna happen for a while

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
yall do know where this question belongs right? So before this thread (that I agree with) gets shut down perhaps it needs to be posted.

ATS, BTS What would you like to see in the future

Just sayin is all

Good Idea though Agent T

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yes, I support your idea. Please re-post it to the Forum whatuknow suggested so that it gets reviewed by staff.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join