It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which type irritates you the most...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
the rich jerks: "i own a benz, a jag, and a ferrari. ALL of them being 08. therefore i can't talk to your kind"

the thugs: you're a naieve sqaure who's parents made the mistake of sheltering you all your life. you're driving in a neighborhood that you deem safe. then all the sudden you get a brick thrown through your window. you speed away before anything worse could happen..when you look in your rearview to see who could have done such a god awful thing..you see a bunch of lil rough ass guys all sneering and laughing like a pack of wild hyenas at your plight.

the depressed loser: "my life sucks because this happenend, then that happend, then this happend, then that happend...........

the hater: you score an A plus on a test that you really thought you'd fail. you discuss it with your friends then one of em goes "wow you're so special, you scored an A, whooooooo hooooo let's all celebrate" then proceeds to roll their eyes.

the slacker: "man, i play video games all day, don't have a job, 30yrs old and still live with my mom..i'm living THE life"

the narrcisstic (sp) nerd: "my intellectual prowess is just incredible. i was on the honor roll all 4 years of high school"

i can't think of ne more right now so i'll stop listing them..

soooooooooo..which one gets on your nerves the most?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't discriminate against one or the other of the types you mention here. I treat them all equally like the #ups that they, and even myself, are to a degree. Because, lets face it, I'm not any better than they are.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
Because, lets face it, I'm not any better than they are.

interesting comment. do you happen to be one of these types? or were you at one point?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was one of the ones who used to complain about everything that happened to me and why people always tried to mess with me. Then I grew up and figured it out that others weren't doing it to me: I was. They were only doing what I was letting myself do to me. So I figured it out that if I wanted others to stop doing that to me, I had to be the one that stopped doing it to me first.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Interesting topic. Although all the ones you listed are certainly annoying, the biggest 'type' that irritates me are those with incredibly thin skin that always talk about how offended they are over ever little thing. It's a miracle how such people make it through the day.

You didn't mention them but that is the most 'irritating' type in my opinion. They can't take a joke and are way oversensitive. I like to call them 'unsafe' people. Not because they are unstable or anything- just because you feel like you have to walk on eggshells constantly around them or else spend the next hour being told how offended you made them, how much you hurt them, etc.

Diametrically opposed to my favorite type: The laid back, funny types that can be serious when need be allow you to let your hair down around them. Basically, those who can take a joke and dish it out right back with their tongue firmly planted within cheek without making it hostile or personal.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
I was one of the ones who used to complain about everything that happened to me and why people always tried to mess with me. Then I grew up and figured it out that others weren't doing it to me: I was. They were only doing what I was letting myself do to me. So I figured it out that if I wanted others to stop doing that to me, I had to be the one that stopped doing it to me first.

oh i see. i fit into number 2. while i've done some crazy ass
i'm NOWHERE near as heartless as some of my friends can be..

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm not fussed, I can handle all types. TBH, I don't think you can type people that easily anyway. Many people change considerably depending on the environment that they're in, the whole "find your true self" thing is just a load of BS.

As long as no one spits at me I'm good. That's like my primeval trigger for inflicting some serious pain on somebody... That really gets my goat!

On a side! Ashley I thought you were blue? But now you're looking pretty in pink... very errr girly!

MonKey

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Most of all I hate the rich, depressed loser!! They have everything I need and want but don't appreciate their fortunate circumstances and won't share with me, the narcissistic slacker.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The passive aggressive. Damn Seattle and us Scandinavians.

Also those who lie.

But no one is ever black or white.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
the narrcisstic (sp) nerd: "my intellectual prowess is just incredible. i was on the honor roll all 4 years of high school"

Narcissist probaby has a different meaning than you think.

1. Needs to have a lot of attention;
2. Preoccupied with himself and his fantasies of success;
3. Appears devoid or nearly devoid of empathy;
4. Inclined to lie or deceive;
5. Often criticizes others, sometimes to the extent of reputation damage;
6. Behaves differently in public versus private situations.

Do any of those describe you?

Lots of males seem to have some of the traits. Metrosexuals, Peter Pan syndrome. Those are not necessarily bad, nor does having some traits rise to the level of 'syndrome', unless it becomes damaging or self-isolating.

A lot of people confuse it with those who are health conscious. There are similarities, but the true narcissist is someone to be avoided and most people do, unlike the 'player' or the 'self-absorbed' who have traits, but who can still relate reasonably well to others.

Some believe that such a person is to blame for their own condition. Being a personality disorder it is not controllable by those with the actual syndrome.

Narcissist types see people as obstacles. They don't fear losing friends and loved ones, but prefer to isolate themselves.

Some who have the syndrome claim it is a self-defense mechanism, acting to isolate themselves, feeling it protects them from hurt feelings.

The classic case is Christian Bale in American Psycho. Though he is rich that part is not necessarily part of it.

2 cents.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Lol you just listed most of the musicians I know...
I don't know what it is with mixing a musical ability with an otherwise normal person that turns them into an egotistical,king size 'c--*ough..'

The ones who exploit their talent..make a fortune..get all drugged up and end up blowing it all on court cases,alimony battles,custody cases..

..It's all just Karma coming to bite them in the whoopsy.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

which one gets on your nerves the most?

the kind that likes to pigeonhole people into distinctive groups, and then judge them from an ivory tower

Everyone tends to drift in and out of all these mindsets you have posted.

the rich jerks: really, this is feelings of jealousy or some other form of compensation.

the thugs: this is when aggression and peer pressure get the best of us

the depressed loser: who doesn't get depressed sometimes? It's natural.

the hater: we're all just crabs in one giant bucket.

the slacker: I'm pretty sure everyone is lazy in their own little way.

the narrcisstic (sp) nerd: compensation for being socially awkward, or feelings of unimportance.

Each of your examples are extreme examples of certain characteristics that we all share. This just adds to my theory that it's impossible to hate or be irritated by anything other than yourself.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by scientist]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I irritate myself the most. :bash:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
Each of your examples are extreme examples of certain characteristics that we all share. This just adds to my theory that it's impossible to hate or be irritated by anything other than yourself.

Ya know sometimes you are just right on the money, my friend. Nice job. Starred.

I think it's important to be able to see the various 'types', but only for self-edification. Sometimes it takes a lifetime to see it.

One other type of 'narcissism' that's interesting:

Freud's Narcissism of Small Differences

based on the earlier work of British anthropologist Ernest Crawley[citation needed]. The term describes the manner in which our negative feelings are sometimes directed at people who resemble us, while we take pride from the "small differences" that distinguish us from them.

I know I have some of that in relation to "fat" people. Though I've been in good shape the majority of my life, I've always felt 'fat' at 15-20% Body Fat. Though I'm now not 'obese' at about 185lbs, I still find myself looking down on people that way. It sucks, since I know what I'm doing is emphasizing small differences for the most part.

We all try to fight our prejudices, but it's hard to internalize what we know to be true.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I try not to let people get on my nerves anymore. So what if somebody is rich, smart or smug? They are just people. Stay away from the ones that irritate you. Quite simple, actually. Variety in people is interesting in my opinion. Life would be boring without some of the types you described here.

The only thing on your list that would require a reaction worthy of attention would be the brick through the window, as that is something a person would do that could actually hurt you.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

i was talking about the kind that always have been these types. not that kind that goes back and forth like you're talking about. you either are one of these or you're not.

because: it takes money to be a rich jerk. balls to be a thug. years of constant dwelling on your current messed up situation to be a depressed loser. constant envy of others sucess to be a hater. constant bumming off your friends and family to be a slacker and finally, it takes a huge superiorty complex to be a Narcissist. not everyone possesses those traits or does those things.

Originally posted by Badge01
Narcissist probaby has a different meaning than you think.

the narcissist i was referring to here is called "the cerebral narcissist"

[edit on 26-3-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have a pretty good idea as to what you mean. But it seems that you see alot of these personalities in High School. In college, most of them are the rich narcasstic jacka**'s. Well, atleast the one I attend. I would probably fit under the catagory of "Depressed loser"? In your words anyhow. In my words, rebel! I don't really stand for anything, or anybody. Just, sort of myself. I'm not necessarily depressed all the time, but more angered than anything. What can I say?! People are idiots, and they piss me off. Also, i'm a gamer. But I pay my taxes, and live in my own house.

I really don't hold a grudge towards any type of person listed, unless they wrong me in some way or form.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The stupid-hysterical:

Someone will post an apparent piece of news somewhere on ATS. They´ll come into the thread without reading the article properly and without checking the source or checking for validity and start screaming hysterical bloody murder and bitch and grind on about how evil someone/something is and how he/she just knew it all the time. :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

the thugs: you're a naieve sqaure who's parents made the mistake of sheltering you all your life. you're driving in a neighborhood that you deem safe. then all the sudden you get a brick thrown through your window. you speed away before anything worse could happen..when you look in your rearview to see who could have done such a god awful thing..you see a bunch of lil rough ass guys all sneering and laughing like a pack of wild hyenas at your plight.

^^ This one.

I can tolerate annoying people, but when intentional and unjustified physical harm is done towards myself, my property, or others, I lose it. If someone threw a brick at my car and I saw them in the rear view mirror jeering, I'd turn the car around and aim for em.

new topics

top topics

join