It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Women Want?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The media would have you think women only want men that have alot of money, and that this is the most important thing that influences their decision. Do you think that�s true? What do they want?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The media would have you think many things unless you did not know otherwise.

Anyhow, some women do, I'm sure. I can only speak for myself, and I do not care for what is in a man's wallet, money wise anyhow. I couldn't care less.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am no expert on women but I can say that their list of top ten priorities in life versus that of the average man is definitely different. Past that man I can't help you.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
no it's not a complete truth. I cannot speak for all women, but money is not that important to me.

I do admit, the female race does have many money hungry, scheming females but I don't believe that is the majority.

Your question about what women want is very open, it can be answered in many ways...not sure exactly what you mean by it.

but if you mean qualities in a man....I would have say it a package deal!!!! and each woman picks the different components of the package they want.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You cannot stereotype all women into a single area, as many men seem to do. Just like men, each woman thinks differently, some have simillar beliefs, others totally different.

I would think that many women want a loving man, who does not just think about perverted sex all the time, but is capable of being loving and nurturing to people and children. What women do not want as a majority I think would be men who think they have the right to dominate their lives, control them, or see them as their own property. Most women want to be treated equally, and have a man who thinks that relationships should be 50/50 where each person is equal.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yeah money helps but its not the main thing... otherwise all us poor poor hard workers wouldn't have women... its definately a package deal... the same way men value different qualities in chicks

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
but if you mean qualities in a man....I would have say it a package deal!!!! and each woman picks the different components of the package they want.

worldwatcher,

Yes, what qualities do women look for in a man? What do you think the modern women wants above all else.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The maternal instinct of a woman is to help provide and have someone provide for her and her family. Whether a person (women or man) admits it or not, we all want to be secure, and money is what makes us secure in life - at least financially. So yes, women (and men) want to have money, or want someone that has money. Who wants someone that is going to drag you into the gutter? Although some people do tend to put themselves in that situation sometimes - it still is afterall, their choice to be there. When you have money, there really isn't anything worry about. The only people who worry, and have money, are people who are worrier's by nature. Or they're losing money. I'd definantely want to be financially secure and not have to worry about money. The odds are though that any person I find will only be interested in what I have. If I lost it all, they would run away quicker then a person on ex-lax. I'm not saying that all people are like that, just the majority of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I told you it is a package deal.

different women, different packages.

It's hard to generalize all women, but I think most women want security....in love, trust, finances, everything. They want to feel that will be taken care of.

(sorry if I offend any feminists)

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sum it up in one word - EVERYTHING

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
otherwise all us poor poor hard workers wouldn't have women

but if they don't find a wealthy man do they just settle on the next best thing?

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Someone provide for her and her family? Maybe you live a few hundred years in the past, but women are just as capable as any man to provide for themselves and their families. The millions of single moms getting no support, but making it along just fine are a tribute to this. This view sounds a bit grandiose, in reality these days people no longer seek partners for economic necessity as it used to be, but now it is for love. Whether the woman is rich and falls in love with a poor man, or the man is rich and falls in love with a poor woman. Most likely they will get together with them anyways, since money is to most people very low on the top list of qualities. Some greedy people think differently of course, but I disagree, and do not think the majority do.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I didn't ask to see my husband's finances when I agreed to hook up with him.. and actually when our relationship started, I had a higher paying job than he did.

now don't get me wrong, there are many women out there who will marry for money and only that, but they are not the majority.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I told you it is a package deal.

different women, different packages.

It's hard to generalize all women, but I think most women want security....in love, trust, finances, everything.

(sorry if I offend any feminists)

I would agree that security is a big item.
Honesty and fidelity are also very important to me!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If you need some "expert" advice... go here:

www.askmen.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Everyone wants security but not in the sense it is implied it seems. Security does not mean being 'provided for', security is a substitute for LOYALTY I think, which is imporant. Not just sexual loyalty, but loyalty in all forms, to be kind, treat ones spouse equally, and be there for each other when needed. There is nothing that makes men more capable of being protectors, or providers, in these terms in today's civilized world, women are equal with men. They can protect, and provide for EACH OTHER in all ways. This is a view that does not offend me, but when you say only the man can do this it offends me. Perhaps you just never got it clear though but really think the same way, that both women and man can provide for each other equally.

That article is VERY offensive to responsible loving males, and is COMPLETELY stereotypical to the male sex. It is also discriminatory and stereotypical to women, operating on ancient beliefs about the two genders.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
That article is VERY offensive to responsible loving males, and is COMPLETELY stereotypical to the male sex. It is also discriminatory and stereotypical to women, operating on ancient beliefs about the two genders.

What article are you referring to?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The one that Protector posted, it is also written by someone who is not an expert in this area, you can tell they are just typing up their own personal opinion, which in this case is trash. For instance, they describe what they both look at saying it is totally different, but the words they use mean the same type of cateogry in relation to eachother when comparing defenition.

Curves, Builds, ect. They are just trying to reinforce the anicent stereotypes that no longer exist in solid manners.

link   
i forgot to mention an important part of the package for most women and that would be good sex.

if the sex isn't good, many women will stop trying to make a relationship work....(it's true)

sorry again to anyone I may offend by saying that.

link   
QuestForSafety,
Read that again, "The maternal instinct of a woman is to help provide and have someone provide for her and her family..."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join