It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Tantra challenge.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I find it interesting:

On 3 March 2008, in a popular TV show, Sanal Edamaruku, the president of Rationalist International, challenged India’s most “powerful” tantrik (black magician) to demonstrate his powers on him. That was the beginning of an unprecedented experiment. After all his chanting of mantra (magic words) and ceremonies of tantra failed, the tantrik decided to kill Sanal Edamaruku with the “ultimate destruction ceremony” on live TV. Sanal Edamaruku agreed and sat in the altar of the black magic ritual. India TV observed skyrocketing viewership rates.

Link:
www.rationalistinternational.net...

I lean more toward healthy (or not so healthy) skepticism, however i leave a small chance for supernatural. This basically means that i am too much of a chicken to participate in the same experiment.

However i do not understand why the magician accepted it. He had to be completely sure of himself to agree to this challenge.
Anyway, what ATS thinks?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Haha good to see the mumbo jumbo of yore being disproven by such direct means.

I know black magic to exist though, ive seen one of my relatives get struck down by it. 20 doctors couldnt diagnose what she had as an illness. It only went away when a Reiki healer did some sort of ceremony for the 7 ring auras or something like that.

Maybe this guy was just a noob at magic?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wonder what Sanal Edamaruku will think when the curse kicks in as he is sitting down to a nice bowl of chicken curry and he keels over from a massive coranary or stroke.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

This is a great video of the 'event.' The guy chants and rubs his head for what looks like a quarter hour. At one point he even takes his robe off to cool down from all that 'concentration.' Shock and horror as the skeptic survives and the guru is shown to a BS merchant

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
But Tantra and tantriks/tantrikas are not black magicians.
All tantra does is harness kundalini energy (sex energy) and channel it to directed purpose.

Its no worse/better than any other focused meditation.

Boo for bad reporting!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

Debunkers of the paranormal just love to knock down phony psychics and magicians that they have tempted to challenge with promises of publicity and money. If they ever bothered to encounter the real thing, they would be reduced to drooling idiots.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

sigh - India has been doing so well in pushing peer-reviewed work on yoga and its benefits - then they come along and do something dumb like this.

If that dude has a death wish, he should challenge one of the LaVeys to do the same. See how he dances THAT dance LOL.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

He's more likely to keel over from E Coli or some other disease caused by wiping his arse with his bare hand, and not washing it before eating.

new topics

top topics

join