It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Read: Important info on the availability of this site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It was recently brought to my attention that the use of profanity can prevent this site from being available to those who may need it.

Apparently, ATS administrators and moderators are not the only ones with the ability to censor. Broad internet censoring software searches for keywords (such as profanity) and blinds sites to certain public access terminals.

I first used ATS as a research tool, and found that the content was of very high value, and I believe that others would agree.

But if the site is blocked from one's view, one will never know.

If you believe truly in the ATS motto, 'Deny Ignorance', you will know that the more people this site reaches, the better the chance of our motto impressing on minds.

Those of you who are loyal members of ATS, please help to maintain the integrity and value of this site by making an effort to curb your use of profanity. Thank you.

To those of you who do not use profanity on this site, mass kudos!

"Keep up the good work... I'll try harder" -First Sergeant Ron Scarborough

DeltaChaos
Humble Fighter

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just one of those days.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A ranter with 3300 points? pfft.

Anyway...

I'm not one to use profanity unless i'm mad, it shows the limited range of a persons vocabulary... mostly their anger though.

I'm more worried about the typo's in new post topics.

I'm sure google doesnt like those.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
A ranter with 3300 points? pfft.

I know, I know. I was born yesterday.

I agree that the only true indicator of one's worth is how many ATS points they have. Man, I hope my boss doesn't find out! Let alone my girlfriend.

top topics

join