It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British cover up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
byrd, you got a full url to those pdf's? smokinggun.com seems to be an open source site and thesmokinggun.com is just full of funny court papers etc..

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
on thesmokinggun site, if you use the search engine for the site and type in Rendlesham you'll find them....

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
RygelUk, I think we're talking at cross purposes here.

I'm not looking for Rendlesham stuff - there's enough of that around already, I thought Byrd was referencing the incident cited at Fylingdales in Nov '93. The smokinggun website returns no hits when using this keyword and setting the option to search just that site.

Got that url Byrd?

What makes me think its a hoax is that you can be sure that press would have had a helo over that area so fast it would be unbelieveable, no-fly-zone or not. You've also got the 1 mile trench and the object itself, even if covered with earth and a supposed hangar existing. Suppose they did cover it before the press could got there.

You would still be able to tell by:
a) fresh earth would show for a considerable time
b)the ship covered with earth would undoubtedly cause at least a 'mound' if not a small hill - you could reference the area against topographical maps.
c) there would be a hangar there
d) high level of activity near the base from MOD police and regular soldiers. You can be sure they would be tailing you in a car etc.. They do this around Fylingdales,and Menwith Hill as it is if they suspect you and maintain a visible presence so what would they be like if they had a large secret to maintain.

Has / did anyone actually check the area referenced for anomalies?

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have done a search on google.com which brings up numerous articles on RAF Flyingdales

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Right, here's some more info.......

I live very close to RAF Fylingdales, and actually have a neighbour who is RAF enlisted and works on the station.

I have found that there has never been any hangars built on MOD property at Fylingdales. There also haven't been any buildings built outside of the immediate complex (There's a lot of moorland on this MOD property with nothing built on it - could be just a no mans land to keep prying eyes away, or underground facilities accessed from the main complex, which would be consistent with a nuclear target.)
I've taken a walk around the full perimeter of Fylingdales in the past, there's plenty of Rights of Way to allow you to do this, if there was anything highly risque there, then surely I would have at least met at least one security patrol??

Not so - they're more bothered about the peace protestors camped outside their front gate than every day walkers/mountainbikers.

As for the press angle - there is no record in the local press of any "air crash" in November 93.
That would be consistent with the serving of the "D Notice" as mentioned in the original report.

The only air crashes that are reported, have been a Jet Provost crash and a Tornado crash further West. Locally, anything resembling a crash, usually gets someone reporting the incident to the local Fire Brigade who are then called to the scene. This happened with the previous air crashes, even though they were not allowed to touch anything (orders from MOD).

My contact at the Fire Brigade has nothing on record regarding this event in 93.

As for the livestock mutilations, there's been no reports of any in the area, and being in a position where I get to talk to a lot of these people, no one can recall any around that time - the only reports are the usual ones of moorland sheep being hit by vehicles on the local road over the moor.

I'm gonna convince myself that there's nothing there, by taking another walk round the perimeter and hopefully getting a few pictures of the moorland on the facility.

I'll see how I get on - security might be a bit tighter now that the go ahead has been given for upgrading the BMEWS system.

Phait - I know, I did the same thing by entering Fylingdales, but then remembered what the original topic was about.

Andya - I use Google as my main search engine - where do you think I found this from? It's just that there is no further info on search engines other than variations on the report.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ryge, DOH! yes of course back to the original post. I was of course going off on the tangent for the Fylingdales one heh.

On the security police thing. To be clear, I am referring to when you drive around the base a few times during the day, which I guess would get you noticed, but its nice to cover ground quickly.

Good post btw.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hehe, its a bit hard to drive around Fylingdales, its stucj in the middle of moorland, with only one road passing in front of the main gate (a good idea to place the main gate near the road I thought
)

So far, I've found diddley squat out, no replies to e-mails or stuff, and another longer walk around the perimeter hasn't turned anything up, other than a visit from the base guards whilst on patrol.

"Sir do you realize you are on MOD property?"
"No I'm afraid I didn't"
"Well, Sir, the footpath is over that way."
"Oh, my map shows it to be this way"
"I'm afraid not Sir, the footpath was redirected last year."
"Ah my map must be out of date then."
"Yes Sir, please could you make your way to the new right of way please?"
"Certainly, Sorry to be a nuisance."
"no problem Sir, thankyou for your cooperation."

This happened to me whilst around the "far side" of the site, and it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, the patrol was on its usual trip around the perimeter when I bumped into it.

I'm pretty convinced its a hoax, theres just nothing to find, and the base itself doesn't have a high enoough security presence to indicate its hiding something.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
doh! yes of course, you're right. I was thinking of menwith hill nr Harrogate - no substitute for local knowledge is there.

And I agree its a hoax too.

2 out of 2 - not bad going. btw multimap has a nice aerial photo of the place:
aerial photo

but strangely, menwith hill doesn't even appear in the database, let alone any aerial photos.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
When I saw this post I checked back issues of UFO mag uk and contacted the guys at UFOmag Uk and Russell was nice enough to respond. Whilst the event you talk of ie a UFO crash landing and being covered over would seem to be a hoax or exageration of facts, he does confirm that a number of events have taken place at RAF Flyingdales, that can not be explained by normal phenomenon, which is backed up by feb 2003 issue of UFO mag (although not having read feb 2003 i`ve no idea although russel informs there is a piece on flyingdales in there, suggest you check before buying)

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Nice satellite images there!!

If you zoom out, you can clearly see the old area where the "golf Balls" were positioned a little bit North "ish" of the main radar base.

It's good to see an aerial view of what I know on the ground.

I'm gonna play a bit with the images and see if I can mark on the full extent of the base etc, but then I might be susceptible to a visit from the authorities....

As for getting hold of the Feb issue of the magazine, hell, my newsagents won't even stock it as "there is no call for it..."

Poo.

[Edited on 22-1-2003 by RygelUK]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
rygel,
order it via WHSmith's that what I do. I have a number drawer setup. Its dead easy, just go in and ask for a form to setup a subscription. They give you a drawer / folder number and you just go in every month, pick it up and pay for it... no hassles etc.. also if you look in UFOmag they actually have cut out options that you can hand to your newsagent to receive a copy.

Yeah, from those aerial photo's you can see what likes an old runway of some description as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Cool, i got a reply from Graham Birdsall!

Dear Colin,

Thanks for your recent e-mail.

Dredging through my memory I seem to recall several incidents on or near RAF
Fylingdales in that time-frame (early to mid 1990s), but would have to sift
through a mountain of materials to research it thoroughly.

I am constantly going over such materials and will keep a look out.

I suspect you will be very interested to learn that our March issue of UFO
Magazine will feature an amazing article about Fylingdales, and some
extraordinary comments from a former base commander. He reveals how UFOs
once appeared over the base and how a local farmer reported a landed saucer
with occupants! It's going to generate worldwide interest for sure,
especially when people learn what he thinks about the reality of UFOs, and
their origins!

Assuring you of our best attention at all times, I am,

Yours faithfully,

Graham W. Birdsall
Editor, UFO Magazine

Interesting reading indeed......

Phait, I'm sorry, all I seem to do is pour mud over your suggestionsand ideas about Fylingdales, you're right when you say nothing beats local knowledge.

Anyway, check the following picture out - I believe the "runway" you're thinking of is actually this service road running past the golf balls.....

I'm probably annoying the hell out of you by now aren't I?!!

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Rygel, slighty different from the email i got from russel at UFO mag (my normal contact) hope they have n`t moved the article from feb to march as I`m dying to find out about the alleged crash incident.

PS i Subscribe and its the local WHsmiths have UFO mag quite happy to post you one at no cost.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Cool, I'll give them a ring tomorrow - My local WHSmith is 20mile away and i don't get to go very often.

Still, i could always subscribe........

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
rygel,
no worries, I'm here to be ridiculed and put down at every opportunity.

arial photo

This link better describes how I formed that conclusion. If you look towards the op right you can see the blocked area where the golf balls where along with that kidney shaped area - what was that? - and then a long straight road to the left of that. It just immediately struck me as a basic layout for a runway. The golfballs beeing where the old hangars where and leading to the runway. Does fylingdales have a history of being a flying base from the war at all?

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
From what I can ascertain, its never been an active airfield, the land was taken for MOD use in WW2 for bombing and artillery ranges, and the base itself was built in the 60s.

Here's some links with more about the history of Fylingdales.

www.staff.ncl.ac.uk...

www.subbrit.org.uk...

As for the kidney shaped area, all I can think of, is that it had something to do with the golf balls - possible equipment storage areas or calibration areas? I've no idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phait
doh! yes of course, you're right. I was thinking of menwith hill nr Harrogate - no substitute for local knowledge is there.

And I agree its a hoax too.

2 out of 2 - not bad going. btw multimap has a nice aerial photo of the place:
aerial photo

but strangely, menwith hill doesn't even appear in the database, let alone any aerial photos.

I know I'm joining this discussion about 18 months late, but Menwith Hill is on Multimap - here...

Click Here

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Back to the original question - where in those 5 pdf images is there proof that it was covered up?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The PDFs won't show the cover up.

Proof of cover up comes from the multiple witness testimony and documents that contradict the official version of the events. There is a story conflict and there has yet to be a resolution that satisfies the story given by witnesses to the events in question.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior
.....what super-highly-advanced alien would waste their time coming to a sleazeball planet such as this one? You're constantly saying how they're all so much better in every way than us, but think: If they are, then why come here?.....

Jeez Louise, have you never seen Starship Troopers?!

Presumably if I add this line I'll neatly side-step the now de-rigeur 20 point 'single line post' fines.... let's wait and see.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join