It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what the heck is this, the cambuquira's ufo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This sighting seems rather bizarre by nature as it apparently materiailises and then dissapears after 30 seconds.

So is this an intrusion from the 4th dimension or an elaborate hoax ?

THE CAMBUQUIRA's UFO

As he participated in a free-flight championship in the mineral-waters resort of Cambuquira, in the South of Minas Gerais State (Brasil), the Sao Paulos´s Police Force Anti-Sequester UNIT Sheriff, José Eduardo Zappi, registered an unidentified flying object that appeared in the skies of the region.

information

Due to the great number of messages asking for more details about the image, we provide the following additional information:

1 - The object did not make any sound. The distance between the object and the paraglider in relation to the camera was about 383 yards.

2 - The apparition lasted less than 30 seconds without any movement from the object. It appeared and disappeared in the same location.

3 - The object appeared on 04.23.2006, during a paragliding championship at the summit of the Piripau Mountain, at almost 4,600 feet of altitude and 9.5 miles away from the city of Cambuquira, in the South of Minas Gerais, around 03:30 pm as people said, although the camera EXIF register 12:47:01h ( 0:47:01 pm).

4 - The apparition was discrete and very quick, as if the object had materialized in the air. There were about 200 people at the place and, although some did notice it, they did not pay attention since it was very quick. It looked like either a great flying bird or a distant airplane. The detailed photo was able to caught people's attention later on.

5 - The photo was taken by the wife of the Sao Paulo Anti-kidnapping Special Forces Commissioner's, Jose Eduardo Zappi, who appears in the photo flying his paraglider. A digital camera was used (Fuji Finepix S-7000).

6 - If there were any lights or extreme brightness, they were not noticed, due to the rapidity of the phenomenon as well as the intense sun light on that day.

7 - There is no record neither of the object being detected by any radar nor of any extraordinary facts at that moment or electromagnetic interferences in the region.

8 - This photo has been published with the purpose to provide strong evidence to serious UFO researchers. Therefore, I have no intention to convincing the public of either the existence of alien life or any similar facts.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by sherpa]

mod edit: cap title

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/20/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Although i am not saying it is this i do have a thought.

Im was a jumper in the military completing +300 plus jumps. My first thought on this was that it looks a person who has literally just pulled their chute and it is literally a split second after the rip cord has been yanked exposing the pilot chute.

I could be completely wrong but in my eyes it looks that way. My only strike in this is that its not a parachute demo/comp of any sort as this other guy is clearly using a paraglider

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
As this seems to be a day when my edits do not take effect here is the source of the report.

Source

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

My first thought on this was that it looks a person who has literally just pulled their chute and it is literally a split second after the rip cord has been yanked exposing the pilot chute.

And I can see what you are saying I am not a parachutist but I have seen parachutes before so can see a passing resemblance.

Although the report does say this:

"The apparition lasted less than 30 seconds without any movement from the object. It appeared and disappeared in the same location"

which would be pretty weird for a parachute.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Have star and flag for sharing one of the oddest UFO photos i've ever seen.

I've never seen this one before.

[edit on 20/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Interesting, if it is not the parachute idea it does resemble a one man craft of some sort. Private or military? Cool if it is the later. Technology should be advancing rapidly and we will be be seeing much in the skies, but why all the secrecy?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Star and flag for this post, it is very unique from most ufo photos. Is it me or does it almost look like there is a "grey" sitting inside of the metallic like "pod" on the bottom? If you look at one of the zoomed in pictures there almost looks to be an alien head sitting in a chair.. however i am assuming it is just pattern recognition.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
300+ jumps and you don't recognize that TheSaint? Come on Man lol. I have only 168 jumps after 6 yrs. as a U.S. Army Ranger including one combat jump by the way...

Vance

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have never seen this picture before, it is very impressive, I wonder if there is a picture that was taken right after it vanished? would be helpful to see if there was any cloud disturbances?

I think it is just me, but can anyone else see a very faint rippling circle around the back of the object? i don't know how to use photoshop or i would blow it up on that area.

It could be that is where the object broke through from another dimension that is why i mentioned the ripples i think i see, But hey all will be fine once the debunker's get here and tell us exactly what it is.

IMO a lot more research needed, more photo examination (the authenticity of the picture is not in question with many witnesses)
I cant see it being a parachutist there would be all hell to pay if it was for being so close to other aerial activities, and believe me there would have been reports if it had been,

So as we don't know what it is then we have a genuine UFO.

UFO does not mean ET.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah +300 plus jumps approx 180 military the rest civvi. HAHO, HALO jumps included??

So with that out the way im trying to understand your point????

Not being funny my friend as i know how text can look the wrong way but i dont understand you post. I said it looks to me like a jumper literally deploying their chute. If you know it to be something else than please say but i can assure you i know of nothing else it could be other than what i have stated above

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You know i do have to say this, please don,t flame me for saying what i see

A previous poster said it looked like a Grey alien with a big head sitting in a one thing pod? i have to admit (i know im way off) but it does look like your typical run of the mill alien head on a neck inside the object, and the object seems to have two antennas, one at the left side, and a dish type one at the top.

It could be part of a larger object concealed by the clouds.

So many theories which are so out there, one thing that can be said however if it stayed stationary the whole time it is not a parachutist, or a plane, if it was a helicopter the clouds would react, and i suppose if it fell out through the clouds there would have been a disturbance also, I am becoming a little excited by this object and what it could be. time for e-mail to the photographer.

Ok gonna go lay down now before i see something else.

[edit on 20/3/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

time for e-mail to the photographer.

Good idea some exif data would be usefull, do you speak portugese ?

Now where is ArMap.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
uhm this looks like a man just as the shoot has been pulled. Why the heck would an alien sit inside a weak looking thing like this and watch some idiots jumping out of a plane. Its senseless even for them and I think this is just perpetuating a ridiculous photo IMHO

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There is no one jumping out of a plane.

The man on a chute is a paraglider, in other words someone who uses a an aerofoil chute with an engine attached to his body. they do not jump out of planes they take off from the ground.

I hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Dont think they would have paragliders and jumpers in the same area. Can see that as being a little to risky. I do see the resemblence to a jumper but logically I have to rule that out due to the paraglider and the risk factor. So obviously that leaves the mutant headed goose-duck farting samp gas. Seriously interesting shot. Wonder why this took two years to surface or am I wrong on what I read?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's a super robot ant.

THE END.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Now where is ArMap.
Here.

It may be because of the darker cloud behind the UFO, but the light looks a little odd to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
So obviously that leaves the mutant headed goose-duck farting samp gas. Seriously interesting shot. Wonder why this took two years to surface or am I wrong on what I read?

I mean seriously, the Mutant Headed Goose-Duck has been extinct for millenia and is rarer then hens teeth.

I would hazard the photo was tucked away in the family album until someone noticed it who was interested in UFO's

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by sherpa
Now where is ArMap.
Here.

It may be because of the darker cloud behind the UFO, but the light looks a little odd to me.

So is this a hoax ?

If so it is a pretty bizarre image to insert, I mean they could have at least made it look like something more interesting

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I do not have enough reasons to consider it a hoax, but the image itself has a look that I can not understand. Also, why do they say that the photo was taken by José Eduardo Zappi when he was the person who appears on the photo, to give it more credibility?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join