It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Cooper S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hey Guys.
Does anyone have some feedback on the newer(ish) Mini Cooper S? Pro's, Con's, Like's, Dislikes...etc..etc.. The extent of my expierence with them, is that I have sat in one. LOL. I'm interested in what people have to say about them.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

The dogs dangly bits!

I borrow a convertible cooper s every now and again from a friend... Crazy good fun to drive. loads of power if you need it and it sticks to the road like poo to your favourite jumper.

The Mini is the greatest car ever made.

Now that's what I'm talking about! No really it is!

MonKey

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thanks Man! My father is thinking about buying one... I'm excited for the test-drive!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Mini's rock. The new Cooper S is really quick and lovely to drive...

Got a mini myself and it's my baby...

MSP's silly mini

buy one. Everyone

[edit on 19-4-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Awesome car dude...

My photobucket account seems to have died!! I freaking love minis.

Have you seen the new clubman cooper!!

SEXY little bee och!!

Had a 78 clubman, back in 96!! Boo Hoo I miss my mini years!

MonKey

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I Love minis but don't feel the new ones are really "minis"! Certainly NOT british leyland "A"series motors!

Grew up driving them and have to say that they're like a "go-cart" with a roof (unless you have a convertible).

Would like to try one of the newer models though and liked the shape of the new "clubman" series.

MSP....nice one....rh drive too..brooooom

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is this company out of Canada (my father was telling me about) That import the Classic Austin Mini's....they even are right wheel steering! They are pretty cute... I think he said they started around 12,000?

I like that the Clubman doesn't look like a station wagon, or a botched minivan, which is kind of what i was expecting, when I had the look described to me..

If I were buying a mini..I'd most likely stay away from Yellow, Red, or White Minis... I'd have to go with the british racing green, the white racing stripes, and the Union Jacke'd roof. TOO cute.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i sat inside one, they look great i have to admit though didnt feel to safe. Though i learned not to under estimate the supercharged model. Gave my car a run for its money on a track day...I got beaten by Cooper S on the track and i was in a Monaro aka (2007 Pontiac GTO)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I got an (don't yell at me) SUV a couple years ago and have been considering getting rid of it for a bit now. It's an '04 in great condition.. but with the price of fuel and everything else that's going on, I think I'd rather go back to something smaller. I mentioned to my girlfriend last week that I would love to get a Mini Cooper. She didn't really say much but I think if we seriously considered it and looked into one, she might go for it.

It would be a huge change from what we have now, but I've always been a big fan of them.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It looks like dad is thinking seriously about taking the plunge... We're going test-driving into the city sometime in the next two weeks! Except he's looking at the new Clubman's as they are a little bit larger, and since he hauls papers around between towns, he needs something to hold them.

He was driving a 2006 VW Jetta, except he's been having so many issues with it, that its left a bad taste in his mouth. He's falling deeper in love what that Cooper S

I myself, can't wait to go and test-drive.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Let us know what you think, personally i think a car that small is too much fun at times, but dont listen to me im biased i drive a V8...(sorry fuel guzzler LOL)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
SO! I have an update! We went into the City yesterday and test-drove a Mini Cooper S Clubman..

The clubman offers more room in the back, so the passengers in the back can actually move their legs if they so desire. I believe the salesman said there was an extra 10 inches to the car. This seriously makes a difference. I checked out the regular model, a Cooper S, and the seats in the back looked like they could be awfully small and uncomfortable if you had to drive for a long period of time.

It handled pretty well on the corners, and was a zippy little thing. Dad loved it though, He went to the bank yesterday - he's making an order for October, since the 2008 version isn't available now, just the 2009 is. Well that had ONE left - but it was this awful white color that none of us were too fond of.

So now its down to Color. Black or Green? I voted Green with the Union Jack on the Roof and the white capped mirrors - BUT - I think dads gonna leave that for me. Its most likely going to be black with the white roof and mirrors - I can handle black.

I just pray to high heaven, that mom doesnt convince dad to go with light blue....i despise that color

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Union Jack? Make sure you listen to heaps of Beatles, will feel like your in London..damnit now i want a mini...You have to import you car here for a day we can go cruising ill race ya in my GTO!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Of Course!! Thats the only way to drive around with a Union Jack on your roof - with The Beatles blastin' away.

LOL Yeah I'll bring it down and we can drag race...it'll have to be AFTER the performance chip is put in - that way I might stand a chance!

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
lol I look forward to it. We'll go to calder park here, which is a legal drag strip and ill race you, infact...ill give you a head start! lol sorry

But regardless, its a nice ride.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A head start? Honey I don't need a head start - that beast is gonna be chipped! :p

Oh we shall see - we shall see. PErhaps I'll just rent one while I'm over there visiting....that might be cheaper.

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
A head start? Honey I don't need a head start - that beast is gonna be chipped! :p

Oh we shall see - we shall see. PErhaps I'll just rent one while I'm over there visiting....that might be cheaper.

- Carrot

Chips dont do much, not enough to beat my GTO any way. But im not going to say any more, you might win...i might forget to accelerate? Or you might sabotage the car.....

So tell me, in canada is it left hand drive? Also do you have any Monaro's (Pontiac GTO)? Im looking forward to this race!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While driving with my 18 yr old son in his S-10 off road truck some guy started racing him,my kid stepped on it and left him behind,boy was he embarrased,they are kind of pricey for what they are,and repairs are outrageous

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes, they are quite pricey, I believe the final cost of the car was going to be around $38,000.

For the type of driving my dad does (mostly highway - he delivers papers to another town every morning 3am) he decided to NOT get a Mini and put that many kilometers on it. He puts on about 300 a day.

Instead, he got the Jetta repaired (again, with the repairs he's had done on the Jetta, he could've bought a new car after the engine went THE FIRST time), and bought a Honda Civic (still a nice car, but not as fast as the Chipped VW's in the family).

A mini is still in the cards for him though, he's going to reitre in a couple of years and when he does, thats when He'll buy a mini...

They are quick little cars though.

- Carrot

[edit on 11/19/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My husband drives one, and when I'm lucky I get to have a go.
That thing rocks.
It is so much fun, it's little, drives like a sports car, hugs the road and has all the extras.
Definitely soend extra for the seat warmers in a mini, they are awesome.
Sure it uses less gas but the tag is a little pricey.

He had the regular mini before the S, I thought the old one was great but this is better.
It's cute as heck and a fun little thing that drives like a sports car.
Plus kids just love it.
If you can afford it and you like small and cute, I say go for it.

new topics

top topics

join