It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Hit Taliban meeting hard in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

U.S. Hit Taliban meeting hard in Pakistan

www.longwarjournal.org

At 9:40 PM local time, US officials declared the group posed an imminent threat to forces inside Afghanistan and the call to strike the compound was made. After the orders were given to launch a coordinated strike, fixed-wing and rotary-wing air support along with Predator surveillance and reconnaissance began scanning likely insurgent attack positions inside Afghanistan. US military officials confirmed no women or children had been seen in the targeted North Waziristan compound or in any structures near it over the last five days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Moderator spelling edit.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think this is the first time we have hit them with any real aircraft besides the predator in Pakistan. I would like to see this happen more often because we should give them no place to hide like we have been. Hopefully the Teliban is disrupted big time over this and they maybe the ones responsible for killing the former president Bhutto.

www.longwarjournal.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yet again you blatantly ignore this sections rules.

Reported Headline---U.S. Hit Teliban meeting hard in Pakistan

Actual Headline---Unprecedented Coalition strike nails the Haqqani Network in North Waziristan

From the T&C;

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated) or too obscure.

Also, from the rules for posting here;
In other words this is for news that has a clear (i.e. not contrived) conspiracy angle. 'Ron Paul's campaign is being ignored by the mainstream meda!' belongs in this forum. 'Ron Paul raised some money' or 'Ron Paul lost again' belongs on the politics board.

How is this "alternative News"? Seriously people, stop rushing after those points and follow the rules we all agreed to.

You even spelled "Taliban" wrong.....

-----------------------

Edited to bold the word "exact" from the T&C to accurately match the actual T&C.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Lotiki]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotiki

Playing mod again are we? I thought it would be better considering some wouldn't make the connection between the two just from that headline. Your acting very childish and if you don't think I'm right just ask the powers that be.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't need to ask the "powers that be".

Count the stars.

I have now recived an insulting UTU from the OP, breaking yet another one of the sites T&C.
I will post his UTU for everyone to read as soon as he gives me permission, unless he is afraid of other people reading it. It included calling a "waaahbulance" and various names he felt like he needed to call me

When people resort to name-calling and insults, it only proves that they have no defense against what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow how fast the stars fade
I will take your comments into suggestion for my next thread OK. Man I was just having fun with you because if you have a problem you should go talk with a mod about it and then they could ask me and I would have probably changed it. Did you even ask me to change it? No!! You just wanted to complain! You just went about it completely the wrong way. Now go have a cold one and relax.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
....and maybe this little tiff might have been better handled offline via a friendly u2u, with a gentle suggestion to follow thread title rules?

Now, what was the topic again? Oh yeah, whacking the Taliban.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

You are dead on the money. Don't you hate it when wanna be mods try to influence threads and then those same people do nothing to you know actually contribute to the thread and talk about the subject at hand?

On that note, I am glad to see the US make this strike. I also wonder what the US is doing to work with Bhutto's supporters to help them get the people that murdered her?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Lotiki, let the mods do their job and stop being a vigilante.

Sky watcher, follow the rules.

Simple enough isnt it?

Damn, i should look into moderating for the UN in the middle east.... hmm maybe not.

On topic! : About time they took the war on terror to its next ACTUAL target, which is the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) and Waziristan regions of Pakistan. Everyone knows thats where Bin Laden is. The coalition should have invaded these regions before invading Iraq. Maybe if Bin Laden were caught sometime soon, Bush might have had somewhat of a positive effect in his time as president.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Please do not change the tittle of linked news articles to what ever you wish, now can we all get back to the topic of this thread and leave the Moderating to ATS Staff please.

Unprecedented Coalition strike nails the Haqqani Network in North Waziristan

Before Submitting News - Please Read These Instructions

Headline:
Please use the original story headline from your source.

If the headline is biased or otherwise inappropriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be removed.

[edit on 16/3/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
....and maybe this little tiff might have been better handled offline via a friendly u2u, with a gentle suggestion to follow thread title rules?

Now, what was the topic again? Oh yeah, whacking the Taliban.

If you could see the UTU's he sends me knowing I cant post them publicly, you would know he has no idea what a "friendly UTU" is.

Dang it, just saw the mods message after I posted this, Oh well, I'm done anyways.

join