It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Meat Restaurant Ban 'Masks Cruelty'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Dog Meat Restaurant Ban 'Masks Cruelty'

news.sky.com

The images show the animals taking up to seven minutes to die before they are boiled and skinned to be eaten.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
God is there any thing this sick country doesn’t do? Formaldehyde in clothing well past the safety limits. Lead on kids toys, Oh yeah I forget they don’t look after their own people. Don’t know about any one else but I’ve had a gut full of china and its cruelty. Do they really think people in the west don’t know what they do? Let’s pretend its not happing and enjoy the Olympics.
Not to worry I will be sending an email to them though their embassy to let them know that we know and it wont be full of p.c. But there again what’s more sicker? What they do or the fact that the most of the world turns a blind eye?

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
And America is any better??

Did you miss that but about the Cow incident..

interesting that. Really Interesting..

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Delay No More!

Let the China bashing commence, once again.

The world is full of lovely wonderful places, where the people are all sweet and nice and never harm others or animals, and wouldn't dream of degrading another human because of, oh lets see, the colour of their skin: and China.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

No I didn’t. please put a link up and I will have no problem emailing that country thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

No it is not china bashing. Its china-bashing dogs. That is ok. Why? Well their just dumb animals. May be it’s justified because of the colour of their fur. Any way did I hit a raw point? Too bad. Not matter what country is cruel I would feel the same. You are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own FACT. And suggesting I am bashing china does not alter that FACT that is its happing. Nevertheless, like I said. Enjoy the Olympics.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It’s disgusting what China is doing, and the rest of the world for not doing anything about it. It’s disgusting that China is building amazing sports stadiums for the Olympics while the local people have their homes bulldozed and pushed aside and made homeless, all so China can put on a “nice front”, it’s disgusting how western countries are still participating in the 2008 Olympics when there are such disgusting human rights issues in China. It’s disgusting how China had ordered to bash pet cats as there is too many, it’s disgusting how last week in China 2 school teachers bashed to death 2 pregnant pet cats, to stop the spread of SARS (SARS was spread by the living Conditions – NOT from pet cats). It’s disgusting how the Chinese people have to look for food in bins, sleep in the harsh weather all in the shadows of 5 star luxury hotels built for the Olympics.

I personally will be boycotting the 2008 Olympics, I won’t watch one single bit of it, I won’t support any athlete that competes in it, and I am disgusted and ashamed at every person and country that takes part in it and turns a blind eye to the disgusting human rights issues in China. Anyone who supports the 2008 Olympics in ANY WAY is as disgusting as China.

Mikey.

[edit on 13/3/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Not that I'm for eating dogs -- or any other animals with fur.

But as China is more and more getting into your living rooms, you better get used to those facts.

Btw, it's not only China that eats dogs; all SE Asia, a good deal of Indonesia and Phillipines do it, and I would suspect parts of Russia too.

The only place you can be sure they DON'T is in Muslim countries.

There you go, something GOOD there IS about Islam

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested, here is Reporters sans frontiers, which has much information of several of the censorship and human rights issues in China, and is also boycotting the 2008 Olympics.

Reporters sans frontiers

Mikey

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Do people not read the original post? The main issue is not that they eat dogs in China (I thought everyone knew that) the issue is that they will be hiding the cruelty that goes on during the Olympics. If what they are doing is fine, why the need to cover it up?

Mikey

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

I understand what your saying after all I eat chicken. BUT I don’t let them suffer for up to 7 minutes that’s just cruel. if I have any thing to do with it, china will NOT be coming into my life. weather its TV or anything else. It is not ALL the people in china I’m mad at, just some. Mostly the government. If my country were doing this, I would be fuming. Any way if there is nothing wrong with it why are the going out of their way to hide it? Just to give a good image. Because they sure as hell don’t care what the west think. Their human rights show that.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

or doesn't this count cause its MSM...

[edit on 3/13/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Sarcasm
(no it dosent thats why i ASKED for the link) mine was msm as well
yes that is sick.:flame

[edit on 13/3/08 by iammonkey]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Have you even read any of the posts. The OP said they don’t support the cruelty of ANY ANIMAL regardless of country.

Oh, and PS, the OP had a Sky News link, which IS msm!

Mikey

[edit on 13/3/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This has been going on long before MSM or any other type of everyday news source was even a thought.

I love dogs and wouldn't want to see any harm come to them, but come on... this is probably considered 'Cultural' and is accepted by many more then it is actually opposed.

I don't condone the actions but again... this is a way of life for these people and many others.

(socially acceptable to boil live lobsters:@@

Not to bring the ME into this, but they have many beliefs and practises that appall many Westerners (me included), but this is a part of their life/heritage/religion/ etc. and I don't believe public outcry would ever make them change.

So, to boycott the Olympics hardly seems appropriate as you will in turn not be supporting your own country.

Does anyone hold contempt for the Cannibalistic Pygmies of yester-years??

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

'Cultural' and is accepted by many more then it is actually opposed I don't condone the actions but again... this is a way of life for these people and many other.
then why hide it?

So, to boycott the Olympics hardly seems appropriate as you will in turn not be supporting your own country.
who inreturn suport this. plus, many more,Including human rights violation, I will not support my country at the Olympics in china. Their government can do as many face-lifts as it likes. Is sill rotten inside. And to turn a blind eye is what most people do best.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mod-edit >quote tags fixed > For quote tagging Please review this link

[font=Arial Black][color=#CD5555]--khunmoon--
mod&member[/font]

[edit on 13/3/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Different cultures have different likes and dislikes for food. It varies for a variety of reasons.

There is an old joke about the Filipino who owned 6 German Shepards and being a cattle baron.

I don't like goat or anything sheep related, but whole regions of the middle East live on that, with Sheep being fairly well worldwide.

They also eat monkeys in SE Asia, but that is for a different thread.
Now, pass the poodle and noodle...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is a total discrace what they are doing to these poor animals. Its just cruel. They are defenseless dogs, who have not harmed anyone. It makes me sick to see innocent animals being treated like this and then made to die a slow and painful death.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

I was pleased to see that a thread was started on this subject.

Did you know that the fur lined gloves and other products from China are torn from the backs of cats and other soft furry creatures, and the Westerners who long for all the cheap crap purchase such things.

Cruelty knows no boundaries, westerners engage in it also, but here we have a voice. One must see china as a whole, the human rights violations the suppression of free speach, the rape and pilage of Tibet. Do you suppose ATS is available in China?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkey
then why hide it?

I think the responses in this thread make it self evident

who inreturn suport this. plus, many more,Including human rights violation, I will not support my country at the Olympics in china. Their government can do as many face-lifts as it likes. Is sill rotten inside. And to turn a blind eye is what most people do best.

With this mentality, its a wonder they hold the Olympics at all.

I love dogs, I have two of my own. The same could be said for Habib in India who has two cows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join