It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British investigator probing CIA secret flights found dead mysteriously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

A city police chief who led an investigation into charges that Britain cooperated with secret CIA flights to transport terrorism suspects without formal proceedings has been found dead, his deputy said Tuesday...

...Todd's investigation concluded last June that there was no evidence to back the claim. Last month, however, Britain admitted one of its remote outposts in the Indian Ocean had twice been used by the United States as a refueling stop for the secret transfer of two terrorism suspects.

Rawstory

Basically, a police chief was investigating extraditions from Britain by the CIA secretly, as British citizens or foreign detainees were sent to one or multiple classified prisoners. It's not surprise that this investigator wound up dead. It only rings eerily familiar to those who opposed Germany pre 1939.

Russia should learn from us. They poison with radioactive isotypes, we just dump bodies in ravines.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What else is new...

The CIA has been illegally transporting people on an international level for decades, nothing secret about that. The fact that a man is dead because of his investigation is very disturbing though.

That isn't necessarily a secret worth killing over. Whoever made that "executive decision" needs to have their head sawed off with a steak knife...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I laughed when I read the thread title... "Mysterious" death indeed.

Getting knocked off for investigating corrupt CIA practices is to be expected these days. The covert government isn't even pretending to look good anymore. Their reputation is so bad I don't think they even care at this point. Besides, with people in power who are hand picked they get to keep their license to kill.

I'm sure the words "National Security" were in the investigator's death warrant.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What proof do any of you have that this is a murder?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
What proof do any of you have that this is a murder?

Well a coroners report will conclude the means of death. But he was 50, had no known medical conditions, and was found 240 miles away from his home, after deciding to take a walk around the block one night a week earlier. 240 miles is a rather large walk around the block. Also given his probing into a secretive and sensitive subject, it raises the suspicion of the event to a far more elevated level then if he was just some cop.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Yes, you are correct. Ashame the average U.S. citizen is too busy to even care. The old " If, it does not effect me directly - I will not worry about it syndrome." No one wants to stand up and hold those in power accountable for their actions. They LOVE THAT. It has taken our government years of propaganda, to wear citizens down to this numbed state of awareness. Where are those Weapons of Mass Destruction, Why was NAFTA a good thing again ? , We are Fighting the War on What (Terrorism - I thought that was an IRS Tactic) and Just how high will those fuel prices go... The testing is not complete yet - PLEASE STANDBY.....

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

This are the best ways to rule accidental death, close to home and out for a walk.

This guy probably had information that nobody wanted him to disclosure.

Remember the chain of death during Clinton's presidency, talking about creepy.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just had to respond with a slightly different view on this. The guy was having an affair at the time and was drinking heavily as he walked up the mountain. He was an experienced walker and Snowdon is a well used mountain, because its considered big in the UK, and is only 2.5-3hrs drive from Manchester along major roads. It was found out afterwards that his colleagues had been helping cover up the affairs. Also he sent a number of text messages to his family as walked up the mountain.

Now it could be that this was to do with rendition flight inverstigations and the CIA were involved. Or maybe the guy was feeling very guilty and depressed and committed suicide.

I realise I may be alone in this but I think it was more likely the latter. Especially as the government in the UK had already covered up rendition flights and so he was anonymous in this area.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iggus

Yeah, you're probably right. He probably killed himself like Gary Webb did. You know - the guy who shot himself in the head twice after he wrote the Dark Alliance series of articles in the San Jose Mercury News about the CIA, coc aine, and Freeway Ricky Ross.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
never mind, saw the date

[edit on 16-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

top topics

join