It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco and the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A couple of comments on the situation in California right now.

1. If an earthquake were to hit the SF area in the next few days I believe we would see a major uprise in Christian activism as it would appear God is passing judgement upon the wicked (in another forum we are seeing an increase is earthquakes in the pacific northwest, timing is everything)

2. I hope some NUT doesn't decide to take the judgement upon themselves and do something stupid at the SF city hall.

I just see this situation going from bad to worse and regardless of how you may feel about the overall topic being addressed it is still a very scary time in my opinion.

Anyone else watching this situation and wondering what is next?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well SF is about the most liberal city in the world. So I doubt anyone is too upset about what is going on. Conservitives and conservitive Christians are a minoriety there.

If there were an earthquake in the few days or weeks,you would a few people grumbling about the wrath of god,but I doubt too many would pay attention.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i live just north of houston, tx. whenever i go to san fransico i feel almost like i am in a whole 'notha country! i wish the police here were like the police there. damn that would be nice.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
SF = Sodom and Gomorrhe.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
SF = Sodom and Gomorrhe.

Oh sure. That's almost a valid comparison.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
that means that sf will get nuked. thats what happened to sodom and g.

hence the extremely high amounts of radioactive dirt and stuff in the probable location.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
sf= sodom and gommora

Does San Fran not have the highest rate of Homosexuals?

Deep

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
A couple of comments on the situation in California right now.

1. If an earthquake were to hit the SF area in the next few days I believe we would see a major uprise in Christian activism as it would appear God is passing judgement upon the wicked (in another forum we are seeing an increase is earthquakes in the pacific northwest, timing is everything)

2. I hope some NUT doesn't decide to take the judgement upon themselves and do something stupid at the SF city hall.

I just see this situation going from bad to worse and regardless of how you may feel about the overall topic being addressed it is still a very scary time in my opinion.

Anyone else watching this situation and wondering what is next?

First of all, where is the conspiracy in this?

Second, Why would god look at San Francisco rather than other places in the world where his presence is needed? Yes, the bible says that homosexuality is a sin and god hates it, but why would he make an issue out of this and not the situation in Israel? I'm sure that even god has priorities.

Third, How many of those making comments (with the obvious exception) have been there? It is a really interesting place with more cultural influences than anywhere else I have visited. Many only see the gathering of gays in the area and focus on that. If you think that it is filled with nothing but men running around and having sex in the street, you are mistaken. Sodom and Gomorrah, no.
They (the gay population) feel that they should have a right to be married, and while I am not sure of my feelings on this, the point remains that for now, they are entitled to get married. Now, will the government and society accept this, we�ll see.
Nyeff may well be correct in saying that conservative Christians are a minority there. And? (not directed at you nyeff)
Why is it that Christianity must be the dominating force in all places of the earth?

Peace,
BG

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i don't think that sf= sodom and g just repostin'

san francisco is an extremely cool place, a beautiful city.

nor do i think that the reason that sodom and g got nuked by the annunaki was that gays were boo fooin in the street, which according to the bible they where and they weren't nice gays either the gave it to you whether you wanted it or not, i think they did not do what they wanted them to so they said mushroom cloud.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
there are lots of little earthquakes happening all over the state of California.

Gay rights have nothing to do with earthquakes and any idiot that says it is related to God showing his vengeance is just that...an idiot.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
people, i live in san fran,

now, what the hell DID WE DO???!

top topics

join