It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alledged UFO Captured on Film, very close.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There was a thread recently explaining the term "pseudoskepticism" and its dangers. Essentially, it explained how a skeptic is someone who doesn't buy into an assertion without empirical proof, but doesn't make any assertions of their own either - including the assertion that the original assertion is true or false one way or another. It went on to explain than a pseudoskeptic is someone who makes an assertion of their own, such as "this is fake" about another assertion or piece of evidence. Once they make their own assertion, however, then they become the ones who have to prove its validity. That was the general thrust of the thread, at least as I read it.

A true skeptic doesn't make the assertion that something is "fake" without empirical proof, in other words. They simply say, "I don't know whether this is real or not, but I'm not going to accept its validity without proof either." The ability to humbly say, "I don't know," seems to be of paramount importance to true skepticism in other words.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
I still am not adept at spotting BS, but I'm getting better.

The best way to approach these things is to assume they're all B.S., then work your way backward from there, asking all the important questions. If it continues to pass the tests, all the better. If not, you haven't gotten all excited about a lot of nonsense.

That is an excellent approach. The process of elimination. Something everyone should follow

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am not a thread derailer but I want to make clear that I assume everthing I read is BS.
My intention was to say that thanks to the efforts of our recently promoted prodigies, I have learned to look for certain things in the videos and pictures that are presented.
My apologies for straying from the topic.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why is it two videos spliced together?

The total time for two videos of a disc craft that obviously hung around for while only totals 20 seconds?!? Look at the lens reflection on that camera and tell me that thing isn't a pricey piece of equipment, like the kind a guy that's into hobby film production might have... It's no cell phone camera.

1st clip = 4 seconds
2nd clip = 16 seconds

The flight happened, the UFO did not.

A UFO captured from the window of a Blue Panorama flight from Rome to Paris, on april the 29th, 2006

It's my opinion after watching this video too many times that...

It's a video of a television filmed through a piece of scratched plexiglass. The television is displaying everything you see, aside from the scratchy glass 'window'. The wing and plane ride are real but the 'ufo' is added in. The video on youtube is of the final product (airplane+ufo) but made to look 'rough' by filming it live through a piece of plexiglass.

The camera man made too much of an attempt to not show the frame of the window. This is because he was filming the 'background'. If he showed the window of the plane, the plexiglass trick wouldn't have sold too well.

I was going to say he filmed a projector but the overall focus looks too close, like a computer monitor or TV. The glare in the glass looks more like that of a desk lamp or something similar rather than the interior of an aircraft.

Look close and tell me if any one else see the 'scan lines' of the monitor. It looks like it really stands out on the sky and areas that are part of the flight but on the heavier scratched pieces of the 'window' the lines don't seem so prevelant giving the impression that it is in fact a tv being filmed through plexi, the plexi wouldn't have the lines because it was filmed 'live'. Maybe it is just me.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I also think its fake...LIke some people said earlier, the "saucer" looks a LOT like a frying pad lid...lol... I'm not a video expert or anything, but I also noticed the cut in the footage, something changes a few seconds in...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
On youtube he says that the passengers were interviewed and there was a news story on Italian TV. I have googled it every which way, but have yet to find any news story on the web regarding this. If anyone else has luck let me know...until then I heavily lean toward fake for the reasons cited by others here.

Can someone ask him what TV station ran the story?

[edit on 7-3-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I would think this video holds far more water if it is true that other passengers reported seeing it. Just need some Italian speaker to try and dig up some references.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sorry I have no idea how that double posted (please delete)

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Looks very similar to this one. Maybe the invasion has started?

www.youtube.com...

Chaz.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaz

That was hardly helpful to analyzing this video.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry 2 cents, didn't realize we needed a sense of humor transplant to be an ATS member. Will bear that in mind and be more analytical in future posts.

Chaz.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
If we can't prove it to be real, then it might as well be fake because it doesn't give us any real information. It's just a curiosity. Something to tuck away until maybe later we come up with some better data.

Yeah, obviously. I've started a new thread on this topic. People will never believe a video or photograph ever again.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If there was a news story about this I can't find it anywhere. I searched Google pages in Italian and French, I give up. You would think that a sighting like that would produce a news story and also why did he wait so long to post the video?

I even visited Blue Panorama Airlines website to see what kind of planes they have in their fleet. Of the planes they have none seem to have that little jutting piece on the wing tip.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaz

I laughed a little at the guy with a pan on a string.

What I really laughed about is that the guy who made that video probably thinks that 'ufo' craft aren't real, don't exist, the technology is impossible and he is having a rip roaring good time poking fun at the idea of anything other than airplanes, helicopters and balloons occupying the sky.

I have seen a 'ufo' craft in real life with my own eyes and can assure you 100% that they are real. I saw mine in late 2002 so I have known for a FACT that 'ufo' craft do actually exist for slightly over five years now.

I don't know why people need some blurry video on you tube to make the switch flip for them. The technology is real, most of these videos on the other hand are not.

People need to get it out of their head that a 'ufo' implies some space alien's involvement. It kills me that if I go "I saw a ufo and this is what it looked like and did..." they respond with "I'm not sure if I believe in aliens". Why is it so assumed that aliens are the implication?

I can only hope that ET visitors have that technology rather than humans because I can't trust someone who has something that they also deny exists. Secrets don't make friends.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
10 seconds is not enough to lend any credibility whatsoever to this.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
*Yawn*

How many of this fakes do we have to sift through?

If you were listening to the video, you can hear the inside of the plane recorded by the camera.

Now, if you saw a UFO next to your plane during flight, pulled out your camera, would you not gasp or say anything? Would the entire plane be silent?

NO

Its simple,

You dont need to debunk the rest simply because there is no reaction to the UFO. CGI is advancing so quickly any normal John can make a UFO appear in any amature video clip.

If I were to fake a clip I would at least fake the sound too. JEEZ!

The Haiti UFO fake was by far the best IMO!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

All in time my good man, just takes time....Oh, and a little bit of brain matter! But that's it, time and brain matter and that's all you nee...maybe this stapler....OK, time, brain matter and the stap...oh and that lamp...time, brain, stapler and lamp and that all you need! Umm, did I say that chair? Alright, so time, brain matter, stapler, lamp and the ch....

You get the idea, after a couple of years you will have seen about a gazillion of these OP's. The sheer repetition of seeing BS will turn you into a BS spotting super hero. You will spot it so fast that you it wont even be a challenge anymore. Be patient young grasshumper...be patient.

Now, what kind of aliens would be able to stand up in a pan lid? (actually I'm kind of partial to thinking of it as one of those white ceramic casserole lids)

Funny how the guy thought of plenty of things to make it look real but also completely missed other big time things. Why be so meticulous in some areas while completely ignoring other glaring issues?

He likely could have gotten more people to bite had he taken more time to fix things like no passenger sound or the ship being 6 inches (exaggerating of course) high, etc..

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
The sheer repetition of seeing BS will turn you into a BS spotting super hero.

Despite your despicable "foe" status....I must agree with you. This has been one of the rare threads I've kept tabs on.....and frankly...it's been fascinating seeing some of the posts. I really don't know how you can listen to this video and not draw the conclusion I did. Run it with your eyes closed.....it could be an episode of "Watching Paint Dry" for all the impact it has.

An alleged spacecraft approaches the plane your sitting in.....while it's at altitude....and a raging case of silence breaks out? Whaaa....???? Hey, maybe it was a flight of military mutes....

If I had been on that plane.....I guarantee...you would have heard me screaming....

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Isn't it "respected foe"?

Sounds of silence tell the tale in spades here. Doesn't Depeche Mode have a song about silence?

How did he miss that?
*scratches head* Makes you wonder if he even reviewed it prior to posting? Maybe he was all stoked up because his friends were all up in his grill telling him how he pawned (

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just like to reply to the video I saw. When I watched the first 4 seconds, it was screaming fake. But once things started moving, it started to look more legit.

Unfortunately, I seem to think that no one can tell a real from a fake anymore with the new world of CGI. The glass looks scratchy and the only part that appeared real was the wing of the plane.

Yes, it did look saucer like but it's what people claim they look like all the time. So to be fair I am going to reserve my judgment for now.

You have to see one with your own two eyes, and then you start to believe others.

Thanks for the video never the less.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by TheInfamousOne]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join