It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Generation Special Forces.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thinking about joining the military you too can take part in one of the many wonderfull expirements that govenment has in store for you. This artical reminds me of somthing out of the X-Files.

abcnews.go.com...

Falcon

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Looks like something straight out of Star Wars! Then I know many of us have thought this any ways.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You do know that humans turn pemanently insane if they have no sleep for such a long times.

I belive that 4 days is enough..

To turn one mad..

[Edited on 20-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

You do know that humans turn pemanently insane if they have no sleep for such a long times.

I belive that 4 days is enough..

To turn one mad..

[Edited on 20-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

Then I am one of those who are mad. I can and have been awake for 4 days and 20 some hours. I used no drugs to help me stay awake, and I consumed zer0 caffine.

Many would say I'm crazy and perhaps "mad". Do you really have a problem with endured periods of interaction with ones enviornment?

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thats a pretty long time Advisor. When did you do that, and more importantly WHY? lol, its not meant to sound condasending.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It was a threshold test, to see how long I could actually stay awake. I was only a few hours from 5 days.

The only person within this site who would know why is Gazrock, and it's not a need to know thing. If you were wondering. I'm a part time avid gamer who has spent entire weekends as DM/Dungeon Master for you non role play educated or biased individuals.

But back to the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Then I am one of those who are mad. I can and have been awake for 4 days and 20 some hours. I used no drugs to help me stay awake, and I consumed zer0 caffine.

Many would say I'm crazy and perhaps "mad". Do you really have a problem with endured periods of interaction with ones enviornment?

As of right now I have been awake for 30 hours. lol And the weird thing is I am still thinking pretty clearly with new posts. I am going to bed in a bit though

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I am by myself been awake more than 75 hours at 'one run', but it really didnt do much good.

And now days i have prolems keep awake even 24 hours..

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
almost 4 days. I don't advise it on a regular basis, but it definitely will NOT make you insane. At least not in my case

WhyOWhy

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It doesnt make one 'insane' 100% of times, but it does have a an effect to ones 'person', this is proven fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
All that sleep talk was interesting, but I thought the thread was for the Special Forces, not the amount of their sleep.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaithDefender
All that sleep talk was interesting, but I thought the thread was for the Special Forces, not the amount of their sleep.

Read the article posted at the 'topic', this is all about sleep.

And about Pentagons mad plan to have soldiers that dont sleep for a week.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Faith, the issue spawned by the thread was whether or not a human could successfully sustain alrert conciousness or not for four days.

I believe it is possible, as I have been awake for eighty hours before and been active...
Unfortunately, this would make humans machines, and that means they are not humans.

I agree, it is possible, but not beneficial to the evolution of society.
- Tass

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I do not understand why there should be any reason for the military to be interested in this sort of drug. Don't take me wrong, it does present some very interesting possibilities.

Accourding to certain training manuals/stp 21-24-smct, the required duration of time for peak visual and eye performance is no longer than 30 min. Hence why teams of at least two are sop.Now the only situations and people in them that I know of who out performed anything required was the Marine Corp. Sniper Scouts. They operated in Vietnam...ALONE.

Often with out any form of communication to the parent unit. Besides those guys, perhaps skunkworks and black ops teams would stay awake along with the standard special forces.
I know, many in that community stayed awake for long periods just out of habid. Also that those who make the cut, adapt well to the many trials.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There was a sleep/skills test done on some Rangers back in the 80s that was posted on another site years ago.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

join