It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd occurance - Premonitions in dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've had an odd thing happen to me, about 5 or 6 times so far in the last few years. I'll have a rather vivid dream. One that is in color, coherent, in first person. I'll be able to realize the location, my emotional condition, the audio around, everything. It's as if observing a situation that occurs to me. Often it involves a specific conversation with somebody. I will remember the exact conversation, my body posture, the audio around the conversation, their emotional output, as well as mine. I'll usually forget the dream after a few days. then anytime from a few months to a year later, the event seems to unfold. It'll hit me like a bolt of lightning, as I find myself remembering the dream, having an active bout of deja fu as I stand in the exact position, speaking the words I did in the dream, everything perfect.

Now I don't believe in psychic phenomenon, but I can't seem to figure out why this happens, though it's happened repeatedly. Anybody have any thoughts, scientifically minded or otherwise?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Ahh I tried to use an emoticon and lost my post!!...

Bahh... ok heres another go.

Ok I will certainly get in massive detail about this with yourself or whomever is interested in this subject...

Just gotta say real fast.

The scientific studies of this phenomena are absurd... and they all kinda get a piece of what this is.. but then they all pretty much fail.. or are too general and vague.

Do a google on this .. and you will quickly see this to be true.

This happens to everyone-EVERYONE!... It is very strange.. and it implications should seriously shake our modern preconceptions of "reality" to its very core.. IMO it obliterates it, as only a few have been able to see that much of the picture.. and most of those who have tried to or stumbled upon.. are in a rubber room...or try their best to ignore it and put it away as one of lifes little quirks.. lol

Suffice it to say ... Ancient Shaman knew and know what they were and are talking about.

So yes.. This does happen to everyone... It happens to you.. the person reading this and you know this.. You know this to be true more then you know that the color blue that you see.. is the same that everyone else sees even if we all agree that what you say is blue is blue... You know this to be true .. more then any half ass paradox I can come up with about color, You know that this experiance is real... You Dream it... Then You remember it.. Then it happens and you live through it.

Most people including ourselves will dream this.. Not all people will get to peak behind the curtain and actually remember what we saw... Many times it is simply a solid black wall of nothing. You may remember that you dreamed... but when you go to think about it.. nothing is there.

This happens alot... even to me.

Suffice to say that it is not easy to see the future... even if it is mundane.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ok it worked.. Lets continue.

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

You said the dream is vivid...essentially out of your own eyes as you are looking right now.. and that it is in color?

So I am going to assume that you do not always dream in Color.. or First Person.. or have them to be coherent experiences unless it is this sort of dream..

I do ask as when you state color as a condition of the dream it somewhat leaves me scratching my head personally .. as I am aware that alot of people do not dream in color.. and I am always perplexed by this..

As I have always dreamed in color...I do not think I have ever had any other sort of dream... they are always in color.. So not dreaming in color is an oddity to me, and one that I am trying to place in my grand scheme of things.

Not all of my dreams are lucid and vivid mind you, albeit I do have quite a few of these very regularly.. at least once a month.. most of the time more often.

Now these dreams you have.. I am going to go out and say that when you are in them.. they are CLEAN.. and CRISP.. and Detailed in ways that your waking life is not... It is like being in a super high definition reality... right?

Of course it is... I wish I could see that well in the mundane world..

Now just to give you a little bit of background on my own experiences.

When I was younger I had bits and tits of what is commonly called "Deja Vu" ... Usually lasting 5-10 seconds or so..and I always loved it when it happened as it is so very neat.. I always felt as if I had dreamed these moments before, and even remembered when I did dream them which made them even cooler.

I joined the service and was in boot camp at 17, I got married after I got out . I was way too young, and did it for the wrong reasons .. and obviously it did not last very long at all... so at the age of 21 I was headed back home to NY, with all my belongings in my Jeep.. I stopped at one of those odd overpass Mcdonald's rest stops they have in Illinois.. when I turned around in my seat to feed my parrots and the entire scene triggered a vivid deja vu.. like a lightning bolt! Which I must say was exciting as it was during a personal voyage in a place I had never been too and honestly could not of imagined even existing to be honest

It was so clear and clean, almost like the first time I was there... It also made me feel like I was on the right path... at the right time... and there was nothing I could do to change that. Of course I remembered dreaming it.

Shortly after I arrived back home.. this at first harmless sporadic oddity, started happening more frequently, my dreams were more and more vivid.. and the experiences came more often.. 4 times a day.. 5 times a day.. until it was happening all day.. every day.. not a moments break..

It was Groundhogs day...

I would be at my first day in a new job.. never having been there or worked with the people... and in my mind the memory flung open I would see the people coming in .. I would know what they were going to be wearing, I would know what their first words were going to be.. then 10 seconds later.. they would walk in, wearing what I remembered.. and saying what I remembered... exactly.

It was unnerving... and those moments for the mindset I was in then .. were some of the most difficult and trying I have ever had.

I literally felt insane...
I was exhausted...and terrified.. and the experiance was unrelenting.. It did not matter where I went.. there I was.

I even went so far as to try to check myself in to the loony bin, as I did not want to be crazy... I wanted help.

I made my way to the psych ward at Stony Brook Medical Hospital on Long Island... I get there and no one is in there.. I look behind the receptionists desk and see a list of symptoms of schizophrenia on a poster... fearing that this was happening to me.. I read the list and did as honest review of myself as I am being with you and the rest of the world that is reading this..
continued

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I read the list with a fair amount of fear...as would anyone in the same circumstances..

No, No, No, No all the way down the list... it was a relief and a half to not have a single symptom on the list let me tell you.. However it was not any sort of a break or answer to what I was going through, and what led me to think I had to be in that place anyway!

Now I wanted some answers.. so I went around the place looking for anyone.. and there was no one.. not a peep of anyone anywhere..

Suddenly this Doctor opens the door to his office and steps out with his briefcase in his hand... I go walking to him, essentially telling him I have some questions and I need some help!...

The guy pretty much ignored me and told me he had to go...

I thought that was very strange, considering where I was addressing him.. in NY state and others I believe.. Doctors and Nurses have to have that listed on the license plate of their vehicles...reason being if they pass the scene of an accident and get spotted.. they lose their license to practice medicine, as a person with many medical people in my family I was very aware of this .. not to fail to mention the Hippocratic oath after all...

Also I thought how did he know I did not have people chopped up in the trunk of my car?

I guess I was not supposed to be there .. so I left and went to find a psychologist I knew who was in the area.. I met up with him while he was in between patients, had a quick catch up and told him what I was going through and that I feared I was losing my mind... He laughed at me said I was not crazy, but he did not have time to get into it and told me to go talk to my Aunt.. who is a deeply spiritual person... so I did...

She listened to my story and basically said that she did not know what this was that I was experiencing.. and recommended that I prayed about it.. but she said to make it a good one..

So I did..

I prayed that night before I went to sleep that I did not care WHY I was experiencing this (as most people would typically say WHY ME??)... I just wanted to know WHAT this was that I was experiencing.

And I went to sleep and had a very good night sleep.

The next morning I woke up and I was feeling great.. and for the first time in a long time .... I did not feel like I was in groundhogs day!.. Hoorah a break from the madness for a while! I went and made breakfast, grabed the newspaper ...

And holy #.. on page 26A of the New York Newsday .. There was the answer to my prayer... I have never forgotten this moment.. ( I do not forget much-as long as my wife does not ask me to do it
)

In a story called Chasing their Dreams... Essentially this Doctor at MIT -Matt Wilson was putting computer chips into the hippocampus regions of rats brains (the area where dreams and memory is)... monitoring them while they would run mazes.. then monitoring them while they would go into REM mode... and GUESS what.. they were RUNNING THROUGH MAZES!

Now I knew that the only other time that we have REM besides when we are asleep... is when we are AWAKE.. This mans research made more sense to me then it did to him... I called him at MIT.. (call him yourself and ask him if some lunatic called him back in 2001 asking him if he thinks these rats are dreaming their future...because he dreams his future!)--essentially did that.. and he promptly hung up on me.. But I did not care.. still don't (obviously).. I had enough of my answer that it did not bother me at all anymore.. nor does it bother me now...as everyday since I have had the same exact deja vu, even right now writing this... Now I know what it is.. It allowed me to get a grip on it .. and I have ridden it every day since.

I could not find the Newsday article listed.. but here this is from the same time period .. just from the New York Times.

www.nytimes.com...

Ok.. enough about me.. lets let you absorb this.. then continue when ur rdy

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So any care to learn what my experiences have shown me regarding this phenomena?...

Or are you comfortable simply letting it exist a couple of times every few months and go to the next stage without seeing more of the fundamental mechanics of this one?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

What happened at the beginning of all of this ? I mean to ask, was there an experience that could have opened this port or channel for you? And may I ask what age you were when it all began?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by SavageHenry

What happened at the beginning of all of this ? I mean to ask, was there an experience that could have opened this port or channel for you? And may I ask what age you were when it all began?

Hmm

Well this is a tough one for me to pin down exactly, as I am one of those odd people that remembers being a baby. One of my earliest 'event' memories was my christening, although my memory of that most certainly differs from what happened according to everyone else. For example I remember being in the church and facing up.. I remember a golden bowel, except when they put my head into it to wet it, and here is the odd part to me which I can still vividly recall today.. .I felt myself descend into the bowel into a scene that was like bing in the tower of pisa, it was well lit and there were 2-d images of a typical religious art figures moving in and out of the arches in the multi tiered pillared structure.

I remember thinking how very strange it was ...and it is one of my first solid memories of this life... although as babies often sleep.. I am well aware that the second part could and probably was part of a dream. Nonetheless it was still a very early dream memory for me as I have always had it... and it actually made me dig back into my memory at a very young age as a young child.. wondering how much I remembered and so forth... Which if anything probably acted as some sort of memory exercise if nothing else

I remember all sorts of tid bits of my very early youth, how things smelt, the sun felt, sand felt.. and so on.. However I do not remember the first time that I realized I had seen something before..

As a child I do not think you would notice this...as your life is dreamlike as it is already.

So my earliest memories of this "Deja Vu" started when I hit 11-12 years old..which is the same time I started puberty. It was sporadic episodes lasting 3-10 seconds and fading away as quickly as they arrived.

The next stage or next couple of stages of intensity happened after I was 20...and for the last decade has been with me every moment of just about everyday since..

In fact I now get a little bit nervous if it is away too long... The last time that occurred, my best friend took his own life.

Although I can and will get into this much further -- my newegg package arrived and I absolutely must try to save the images my wife erased from our 2gb CF card that was 80% full... SO I am signing off for the moment .. be back in a few.

top topics

join