It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Funding for truth (forget NASA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm pretty new here at ATS and I have really enjoyed the wide variety of forum topics to post on. A few in particular seem to stand out to me. I've read a lot of posts about NASA's cover ups and lies regarding possible alien artifacts and ufo's throughout the solar system, its planets and moons (Mars, our own Moon and the crafts near Saturn's rings) I've even started reading Richard Hoagland's book "Dark Mission" which he also feels NASA has lied and covered up evidence of extraterrestrial life/artifacts in our neck of the galaxy.

I suppose my question is why hasn't the ufologist community, guys like Richard Hoagland, John Lear, and forum posters like us gotten together to try and raise enough money to build and launch our own micro satellite from a private launch pad to take our own pictures and prove our theories and thoughts regarding ET's and alien artifacts to the world and ourselves.

I know this would take a lot of money and time but I feel if done by donation that with all the people in the world that WOULD support it, we could actually accomplish this task.....without NASA, without governments, without lies and cover ups.

why not work together for this common goal. I know I would donate what I could to see this happen, wouldn't you if you could finally know the truth?

[edit on 6-3-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well i actually totally agree with you. I suggested the same with 9/11,
private investigation, private money and the truth could be found.
I guess that people are (in both cases) sure that government will somehow intervene and messes up with the result.
So they even do not try. I personally will pay (not a lot though :lol

to have a sattelite with open data link.
Just imagine - ATS forum with direct sattelite feed on aliens at Jupiter...
I think that people exaggerate government/agency's power. And by doing nothing just help them.
EDIT
spelling

[edit on 6-3-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Huh its interesting you never think of these type of things until someone else does first
. It would be pretty interesting to have a satellite up in space possibly beaming pictures back down to us. But I wonder how big this funding would be and how many people it would take to accomplish such a feat. Hmm I wonder if we can get the parts a cheap price somewhere...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm sure there are a lot of electrical engineers, science types and such just in the ATS forums alone that could design a low cost micro satellite with a really good camera. I'm also sure that if we could do this, people like Hoagland and Lear would donate as well....heck it would be great if the owners of this site and Hoagland would spearhead something like this.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There is simply too much money to be made to attempt anything as sensible as the OP suggests. JMHO for speculative entertainment purposes.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, let the major contributers (scientists) make a slight profit then and funnel the rest into the community who have contributed then like us (ATS) and other groups to raise awareness (such as free access to the live feed site). As long as the information gathered is free of tampering due to what is found. Set it up as a live feed on a web site or two (ATS maybe?) and charge a monthly subscription rate to view the live feed / images to help fund the mission. I would pay to have access to it. The hard part is making sure that the raw images / video is not tampered so the public can see what is truly out there. That's why I suggested someone like Richard Hoagland, John Lear, or the ATS owners/members etc take the lead. At least we know they are out there for the truth and scientific advancement for human kind, not for a selected few.......unlike NASA and other government agencies. Of coarse there would have to be an independent panel of people to make sure no information/data is kept from us.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am interested in what the owners/operators of ATS think about this idea? I hope that they will comment on this.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
...because the satellite would mysteriously "stop functioning" and end up in pieces all over the southwest?

The days of NASA's cover up must surely be coming to an end... too many privately interested parties wanting to take a tour of the heavens. And unlike abductees, someone on board is bound to have a camera and be in the right frame of mind to use it.

Enter the Virgin Air 30 mile high club.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I thought about doing this also....

My way of funding this satalite would be to sell advertising space and to run a reality type tv show from concept to launch. The advertising revenue would cover the costs.... however this idea is flawed as the gov would stop us doing anything like this!

I have just started the road of politics because i want to rise up as a future prime minister and i would restart the british space companies as a public institute and would invest in the ground roots at schools...i would try in my life time to start the process of colonising mars (terraforming)

The British Empire would grow again....

alas this takes time...

I cant change the world but dang it i WILL die trying....

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
I thought about doing this also....

My way of funding this satalite would be to sell advertising space...

Been there, Done That. I could sell you a T-shirt....Really!
The fact is, there is at least one US aerospace company that derives virtually All of its funding by "gifts" and sponsorships.

It's how they started, it's how they've survived.

It's called JP Aerospace, they bill themselves as "America's Other Space Program!"

... The advertising revenue would cover the costs....

Now THAT's hilarious! JP (the founder and president of the firm) will crack a rib when he hears that!

Space shots have lost thier "Sexy-ness" over the years; advertisers, at least those who might pony up the sheckles to be seen on a rocket, are few and far between. And when you do find one , they seldom have enough cash to make the effort worth while.

Add to that the nature and purpose of your endevour, finding UFO's, and you're not going to find too many takers willing have their reputations sullied by association.

So I wouldn't count on NASCAR-style sponsorships to get you off the ground.

Far better to persue private "gifts" as, at least, your initial funding source.

I'd aim for $500,000 to start, just to get a rough outline of the mission specs., acquire and catalogue some basic documentation, and start assembling the tools you'll need to build the prototype.

Don't bother finding a place to build your rocket, just yet; you've got miles to go and thousands of $$ to spend before you get to that point.

But OOOOOH! the Things you'll discover on the way! You'll have a ball!

...however this idea is flawed as the gov would stop us doing anything like this!...

No they won't.

We saw to that during the run-up the the CATS (Cheap Access To Space) Prize almost a decade ago. It took some intense discussions between the competitors and the AST (the division of the US gov't's FAA that oversees commercial, and private space launches).

CATS helped lay the ground rules and set the foundations by which the Ansari X-Prize became possible.

If you've got the bucks and the bolts, the government, at least not the US government, won't be pissing on your fuse.

That's not to say that there won't be a mountian Range-worth of regulations to meet and paper work to file; but nobody's gonna shut you down because they "think you might find something".

Like I said before,

Been there, Done that, Got the pics to prove it!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't say it would be just for searching for ufo's. THe bigger picture is untouched, unedited pictures of the surface of the moon, mars and other planets in our solar system. As for the advertising, it wouldn't be hard to sell commercial space on the main web site. Also, im sure there would be a huge interest and source of funding from people like Richard Hoagland, John Lear and other ufo/ET buffs out there as they might jump at the chance to PROVE their theories without all the secrecy that you get from any government.

Im sure it would never come to fruition I just think its a great idea.

If I ever win the lottery, I promise to get the ball rolling on this.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

I like Bhadhidar's thinking......yes, private funding is the best way to go. Simply put, it can be done, but patience, determination, persistence, and desire must be your best friends. I would be willing to invest, but, Bhadhidar, I do believe that if "others" knew this was setup specifically for the purpose of locating UFOs, then it would not surprise me that somehow, someway the privately-funded satellite/craft would malfunction. But chances are built on risk....is the reward worth it? I'd say yes.....again,if the government has something to hide, they will try their damn best to keep this from happening....threat to national security (easiest way out for them), etc., etc., etc. QBSneak000, it's all in your planning....there are GREAT minds on the ATS board, so if you decide to move forward, surround yourself w/ their knowledge and insight.....it can be done.

new topics

top topics

join