It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman asks Congress & FBI to work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Congressman asks Congress & FBI to work

www.1010wins.com

Rep. Anthony Weiner, a candidate for New York mayor in 2009, said the FBI is too busy with more important crimes to spend time trying to determine if the pitcher lied to Congress about taking performance enhancing substances.

Weiner also suggested his fellow lawmakers had gone far enough with inquiries into steroids use by professional athletes and should let professional sports league handle the matter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I was absolutely fascinated and thrilled to see this story this morning. Many people throughout America have been wondering (albeit too quietly) why in the world our Congress, who we elect to represent our interests and concerns, and our FBI who we pay to do things like... oh... protect us, have decided to embed themselves in this steroid problem. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying steroids are great or steroids should be encouraged. What I (and apparently this Congressman agrees) am saying is in a time of impending economic disaster, incompetent leadership and instability in various parts of the world, isn't it ridiculous that our elected Congressmen are focused on what did or did not find its way into Roger Clemens' behind.

The well known Henry Waxman spends his days busying himself with baseball players, the equally well known Arlen Specter has announced plans to busy himself with football players... Congress has invited Vince McMahon who owns an entertainment company to come and talk to them about steroids. All the while we have a dollar that might be more expensive to print than it is worth, we have a President seeking to give control of our Intelligence services to privately appointed millionaires, and we have powderkeg situations in the Middle East, Latin America and the Balkans.

So, all our esteemed elected officials have to do with their time is study who put what syringe in who's bottom?

I would not be surprised if Congressman Weiner gets taken down a peg or two by his fellow Congressmen for his comments. It's no wonder to me that Congress the approval rating it does. What an utter waste.

www.1010wins.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join