It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Panic: Hillary Can't Win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow, the GBCW diaries I've seen today. (That's Goodbye Cruel World for people that don't get out).

Mathematically, and more than certainly momentumly, Hillary Rodham Clinton can't win this nomination and she KNOWS it. She's just doesn't want Obama to beat McCain.

Let her ride the crazy Clinton out.

It'll be fine folks. The big O will fight back.. or implode in which case we didn't want him anyway.

It's now a race to lose. The entire GOP minus one wants to lose to Hillary so they can win in 2012. And the rest of us just want a President.

Deny Apathy.

Yes we can!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RANT

Hmmm, interesting theory. Hillary knows she can't win, she would just prefer McCain over Obama.

What do you think will happen though when Obama gets the nomination?

He will most certainly beat McCain.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

He will most certainly beat McCain.

Not if She has anything to do with it.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, for starters I’m not entirely sure where you are getting the figure that “the entire GOP” wants Hillary to win so we can win in 2012. I can tell you personally as a Republican and someone who knows countless others that I don’t know of a single person who wants Hillary to win. As far as I and most others are concerned, a Hillary Clinton Presidency would completely destroy this country. Quite honestly I believe either a Clinton or Obama ticket would be terrible for us. Now don’t get me wrong, I disagree with McCain on about 70% of issues, but I disagree with Clinton and Obama on closer to 100% of the issues. I’m not a McCain fan by any stretch, but I’d feel much more comfortable taking my chances with him.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Well, for starters I’m not entirely sure where you are getting the figure that “the entire GOP” wants Hillary to win so we can win in 2012.

Sorry. I rarely think of the actual "voters" when it comes to the GOP. I think corporations, bankers, tycoons and the marketing experts that make you vote for them against your self interest.

You're right. Not the entire GOP, just the ones that want to run it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Sorry. I rarely think of the actual "voters" when it comes to the GOP. I think corporations, bankers, tycoons and the marketing experts that make you vote for them against your self interest.

You're right. Not the entire GOP, just the ones that want to run it.

If there is one thing that drives me crazy most about the majority of opinions here at PTS, it's that the general consensus is that Republicans are mindless drones who can't think for themselves and are only looking out for "big business".

Which is an entirely different topic that I could delve into concerning why for some reason a lot of people see big business as evil. Business is what this country is founded on, people in this country have the right to create and distribute a product they see fit and make however many billions of dollars they want to on it. We all have that same right and ability in this country, that's what makes us so great. For some reason though we have turned into a country who would rather sit around and beg the government to take care and provide for them.

The GOP doesn't make me vote against my self interest, they allow me to vote for my self interest.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If there's disagreement/non-endorsement of 70% of a candidates platform, and THAT'S the candidate you'll be voting for to maintain party compliance, how does that serve your self interests effectively?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
If there's disagreement/non-endorsement of 70% of a candidates platform, and THAT'S the candidate you'll be voting for to maintain party compliance, how does that serve your self interests effectively?

It has absolutely nothing to do with party compliance. If there were a candidate I agreed with and could get behind 100% from ANY party then that's who I would vote for. However, this election cycle that is not the case.

As I said, it's a lesser of two evils situation for me. While I may disagree with John on around 70% of things, I disagree with Clinton and Obama on 1000% of them.

Sure a four year term under John McCain might not be the best thing that could happen, but I don't believe it will cause any major damage. I do however, believe that a Clinton or Obama presidency could cause major damage to this country that could take many years to repair.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hillary is far too polarizing a figure to be able to bring republicans and democrats together to get things done if she were to take office. If she does become president, we'll be looking at a lot of gridlock. But that's not much different from most other terms.

I do believe Barack will try and work with both sides to get things done. I am really sorry to say that i think John McCain will be the most middle-of-the-road candidate. He is actually very strong on global warming, energy independence, things like that. I don't like his position on the war one bit, but the reasons republicans are uncomfortable with him as the nominee are the same reasons democrats should be excited about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Actually, Hillary does still have a chance to win the nomination. She can conceivably still get enough delegates if she wins big in the remaining primaries. Obama is clearly the front runner, though. As a Democrat I believe I have a wonderful choice between two excellent candidates. It's been a long time since I really preferred the person who got the nomination; now I can support either one.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Why support Hillary?

She has no integrity and has been caught lying over and over and over, and has demonstrated clearly that she will stoop to any level, despite loss of character or dignity.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If she can win why endorse McCain?

[edit on 7-3-2008 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RANT

Hey buddy, I totally agree with you.

The only way Hillary wins is if she goes down dirty.

top topics

join