It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difference Between Republicans and Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Republican's pocket and gave the homeless person fifty dollars.

Now you understand the difference between Republicans and Democrats

I like this joke. Not far from the truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You're bad

Setting yourself up for "you know who"!!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I still think its funny.

I expect most people would ignore this thread because it has my name on it. So it doesn't really matter.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think the "joke" part stopped at a Republican acknowledging that a homeless person existed.... then willingly parted with $20!!!

I thought THAT was the punchline. Kind of hard to find the rest funny, when the premise isn't grounded in anything remotely realistic.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Republican's pocket and gave the homeless person fifty dollars.

Now you understand the difference between Republicans and Democrats

I like this joke. Not far from the truth.

THATS AWSOME!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Speaking though as someone that has given money to alot of charities and directly to some homeless people (though not all I meet), and taken some to shelters or church's in my car, and even shared meals or let one take a shower in my home (I lived in downtown Atlanta), I'd just like to say there are plenty of Democrats that practice what they preach and give of THEMSELVES (money and time) as much as possible.

The concept is only funny if you think helping the homeless is absurd to begin with. It's not. For some it's a life's mission. Those Church's with open door policies and reintegration programs are known as liberal churches for a reason. If you've ever seen or heard of JESUS JUNCTION in Atlanta, it's quite telling. A row of multi-million dollar churches along Peachtree Street in Atlanta. All conservative, all locked doors. Sure they have money for indoor swimming and basketball gyms, but not the homeless.

I know it's just a joke, but knowing that most conservatives would ignore or jail a homeless person over help them, I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That's just another LIE from the repugnants. It should read like this:

A Republican was walking down the street when he came to a homeless person. The Republican said, "Get it together, you lazy-ass. Why can't you get a job, you friggin bum." He then proceeded to set aflame a $20 bill to light his cigar as he stepped over the homeless person. The homeless person cried in agony, knowing that money could feed him temporarily on this cold frigid night that he would have to sleep on a steam grate.

Hearing the cry as a sign of attack, the Republican ran to the nearest police officer and reported that he was being mugged by the homeless person. "Its those damn black people." The police officer ran to the homless person and proceeded to beat him down severely and threw him in the police car to the be taken to the police station.

And least he would have a warm place to stay overnight.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
That's just another LIE from the repugnants. It should read like this:

A Republican was walking down the street when he came to a homeless person. The Republican said, "Get it together, you lazy-ass. Why can't you get a job, you friggin bum." He then proceeded to set aflame a $20 bill to light his cigar as he stepped over the homeless person. The homeless person cried in agony, knowing that money could feed him temporarily on this cold frigid night that he would have to sleep on a steam grate.

Hearing the cry as a sign of attack, the Republican ran to the nearest police officer and reported that he was being mugged by the homeless person. "Its those damn black people." The police officer ran to the homless person and proceeded to beat him down severely and threw him in the police car to the be taken to the police station.

And least he would have a warm place to stay overnight.

hey man you could write for the national enquier or sun with the amount of pure BULL # you spew.

new topics

top topics

join