It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can I do for ATS? Well...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I can make a solemn pledge to bring the utmost integrity and honesty to the PTS boards. I can promise to approach all issues with an open mind, and to provide the opportunity for each and every member to voice their opinions. I can assure you that I will attain the most reliable and objective information available to keep us the most well informed group of individuals on the planet.

I know those of you who frequent PTS and the Campaign forum may be discouraged with the election process thus far, and I can't blame you. I can however, urge you to stay the course and follow me into a new day for these boards.

If you aren't familiar with the election thus far, or don't often make your way into PTS, I beckon you to give it a try. We have here at PTS some of the brightest political minds in the world, gathering in one place to share their valuable opinions on a daily basis. We ask that you stop by and check things out, as we're sure there are some topics here that will light your fire so to speak.

In summation, I know that the road up until this point has been wrought with turmoil and disappointment, but that day is over. It is time to look forward to a new day where PTS is given the credit and the respect it deserves.

Please join me in making this a reality.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I can make a solemn pledge to bring the utmost integrity and honesty to the PTS boards....

I can promise to approach all issues with an open mind, and to provide the opportunity for each and every member to voice their opinions....

I can assure you that I will attain the most reliable and objective information available to keep us the most well informed group of individuals on the planet.

How can you commit to this agenda as long as Jedimiller is still posting!?
It is not possible to achieve your objective.

Get back to me when you form a member PAC or a Deny Ignorance "study group" to lobby or report to the Mods on why he should be banned.

Just kidding...or am I?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, I found 'this' by chance...
I have never played in the PTS arena and politics while interesting just have not spoken to me here ... yet.

I will come over and find out what the big hoopla is about the Elections. I had no idea there even was a campaign going on.

See ya over there over there spread the word spread the word over there...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
One more thing, could you please post a direct link to these elections?

Thanks, J.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

nyk537

Can you give us a summation of what the ATS election is about, and the status of where it's at? Bring us all up to speed, if you can.

Thanks
jso

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey guys thank you for taking the time to stop by and find out what this is all about. Spreading the word about these elections has been the biggest obstacle to overcome so far, and it is an obstacle that has run virtually every other candidate but myself out of town.

Here is the original post by SO that details what the elections are about and what is at stake.

Original Announcement

The first thing you will notice about this post is that is severely outdated. This election process has been started and abandoned about 3 times now over the course of the last year. Now that we finally have some leadership, things have begun moving. Candidate declaration has closed as of now, and barring some special circumstances due to the lack of awareness, the race is down to me and perhaps 2 or 3 others.

Here is the link for the rebooting of the race that occurred about one month ago.

ATS President Update

As well as an update that includes an itinerary for the election cycle.

Election Schedule

I would be more than happy to field any more questions anyone has about the election or myself and my positions. As I have said, my purpose for running for President of ATS is to try and turn PTS around and make it more accessible for everyone at ATS, and I can't do that without you guys!

Thanks again.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hi nyk537,

Im still a bit confused about the election, could you answer some questions for me please..

This is what I have worked out so far, though I could be wrong...as the President of ATS, he / she will have their own forum to cover the American election plus he / she will have a say in what happens on PTS. Is this right?

Will this person have any say in what happens on ATS / BTS?

What else will the new forum be used for apart from the on going American elections?

Will the ATS President be the voice of the ATS members?

At the moment im just looking for a bit of clarity, not trying to be negative just looking for answers..

I appreciate youre not the person who is running this campaign but I dont know who else to ask.

Thanks in advance.

JQ.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Q
Hi nyk537,

Im still a bit confused about the election, could you answer some questions for me please..

Absolutely, I'll do my best to address your concerns.

This is what I have worked out so far, though I could be wrong...as the President of ATS, he / she will have their own forum to cover the American election plus he / she will have a say in what happens on PTS. Is this right?

Correct. The President will be given a dedicated forum in which they and their VP will be the only ones who can create threads. (Although everyone can post). This forum can be used for any political topic, not just the American elections.

Will this person have any say in what happens on ATS / BTS?

I can't answer that questions with any comforting degree of certainty. As far as I know, this will only encompass PTS.

What else will the new forum be used for apart from the on going American elections?

As far as I can tell, the forum can be used for any political topic of concern, not just the American elections. As ATS President, I would make sure to include everyone who is a member here and give everyone an opportunity to voice their opinions and concerns.

Will the ATS President be the voice of the ATS members?

I think you could say that as far as PTS is concerned. One of my main objectives as President would be to ensure that PTS begins to receive the credit it deserves around ATS. I feel that PTS has so much more to offer than most people realize, and would like to see it grow.

Also, if you have any other concerns that you feel I have not addressed or can not address, please contact or U2U Chissler or Budski, as they are the front men for the campaign at this point.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As other have stated I didnt even new this was going so let me thank you for your message and the invite to become part of it. To me that you are dedicating you time to this already gives me a good impression about you.

As far as question, for now dont have any at the moment.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

NYK

Is there a thread that states the candidate's platforms, or have I just overlooked the obvious? It looks like you and Dorian Gray are in the running, yes? Am I missing anybody?

Also, when will the debates start? I'm a little confused about the 3/21 date posted by chissler; is that the beginning or end of the debates? And primaries in the last week of March; is that the Sun/Mon 30&31?

I'm very interested in hearing what you guy's platforms are.

thx

jso

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The election has been called off due to lack of member interest .
See this thread . If you still want to read former candidates platforms just scroll down in the Campaign 2007 forum and you find the relevant threads.

Use your web browsers search function if you want to find a thread by a particular member.

Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks, xpert.

Too bad, another idea goes nowhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

How can you expect member interest if it wasnt properly adverstise? The only reason I found about it was because NYK537 let me a message on my profile. No offense to him that shows some great initiative but you would expect that ATS as a company would back this up a little more, with a mass U2U'S or something.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Bunch the issue you refer to has been raised here and here .

It was all out of my hands and it is not like I didn't put ideas to salvage the election forward long before the official attempted to revive it.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I appreciate your effort to help the developers & members of this website. I will try to help all of you too. It's important to help those, who want to help this kind online-community.

[edit on 03/15/2008 by Chad Andrew]

top topics

join