It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI agent arrested for carrying gun, ammo in airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Do you think this man should be charged with a crime even though he happens to be a fedral law enforcement officer??

I do. put him in prison for atr least 10 years like they would anybody else that was caught with a loaded hangun aboard a plane.

"Police arrested an American FBI agent who allegedly was carrying 15 rounds of ammunition in his hand luggage as he tried to change planes in Hong Kong, officials said today. The agent apparently was able to board a flight in New York with the bullets loaded into a pistol magazine packed in his bag, but he was detected by security in Hong Kong as he tried to board a connecting flight to Bangkok... Police spokesman Kaman Chong said that a 39-year-old man was arrested at the airport after officials found a pistol magazine and the .45-calibre bullets in his hand luggage on February 8. It was not clear whether the man was travelling on business or for personal reasons."

news.com.au...

I checked and did not find this topic already posted...sorry if it already was posted

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well if the agent was on duty then they shouldn't charge him with anything. But if he was off-duty, then he should get a fine or something like that for the incident. But not jailtime.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
Well if the agent was on duty then they shouldn't charge him with anything. But if he was off-duty, then he should get a fine or something like that for the incident. But not jailtime.

I agree, seeing as he's a "law man" he shouldnt get any jail time, but as 10DeadInside10 said, it depends on whether he was on or off duty.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I would say that would be true if it was an intercontinental flight, but he was in another country. He should know that he can not do the same things there as he can here and is subject to their laws unless he was on duty, and even then discression must be used.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've heard before that the special agents should be trained for always carrying ammo with them at all time. Does this go for the FBI agents too?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I always believed that the jurisdiction of the FBI is only within the US, however a visit to the FBI website turned up this piece of information.

INTERNATIONAL OFFICES
In addition to its field offices across the United States, the FBI has 45 offices known as Legal Attach�s or �Legats� located around the world. Legats are our first line of defense beyond our borders. Their goals are simple�to stop foreign crime as far from American shores as possible and to help solve international crimes that do occur as quickly as possible.

If he is legally entitled to carry his weapon as stated by the laws of both the US and Hong Kong / Bangkok, then he cannot be found guilty of any crime or misdemeanour.
If he entered Hong Kong with an illegal weapon (ie without the advance agreement of the H.K. authorities) he should be treated like any other passenger.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
"Police arrested an American FBI agent who allegedly was carrying 15 rounds of ammunition in his hand luggage as he tried to change planes in Hong Kong,

If he was on duty or allowed to carry amunition then I do not think he would have been arrested in the first place.He should be charged as any other person that was guilty of the same crime.If a person that is supposed to be up-holding the law does not even have the common sense not to carry .45 ammo when your on an airplane in china..I have little sympathy for him and I hope he serves some hard time in a chinese prison.

top topics

join