It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Hero!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the prompt reply, (see comments below).

Not only is the the whole ATS President all a bit "wooly" but another thing may be that it is so difficult to get any momentum going on topics discussed on PTS.
I only recently started vsiting PTS regularly and am sometimes reluctant to post due to the length of time in between posts.

It is obvious that if this is to succeed then a high profile awareness campaign needs to precede any nominations, debates etc.
Electoral process and requirements needs to be clearly thought out, agreed and publicised before campaigning and election proceedings commence.
Surely it can't be beyond the collective capabilities of ATS / PTS members.

If successful it could also be used as a tool to increase interest in PTS as a whole and help develop more fluid and interesting debate on it's boards.

Hope I haven't upset anyone, (I very much doubt I have), but this could be too good an opportunity to let go amiss.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I really appreciate your efforts on this and other threads guys, particularly whatukno, who is trying really hard to generate some interest.

I've had a link in my sig for weeks now, trying to drum up some interest and I know others have been trying to generate it as well.

There ARE some things in the pipeline, but I don't want to delve into them until the time is right for any announcements.

Let me just say that I visit this forum each day, and am as eager as anyone to get things going and really make this work.

This is my first project on this site and I intend to give it my all insofar as I can.

It may sometimes seem that the election has been forgotten about, but I assure everyone that is not the case.

As soon as there is any news from things in the pipeline, rest assured that it'll be passed on with all possible speed.

Thanks again for your patience - I know it's not easy and can be frustrating, but hang in there, try to generate interest as well and let's make this work.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I have full confidence in you as a leader on this issue Budski. However, I'm wondering how long this pipeline will be clogged.

The original schedule you gave us had the primary elections taking place in a few weeks, and as of yet it doesn't appear that I have any competition. Just wondering if there was anything on the immediate horizon that would enable or encourage any other remaining candidates to come forward and debate or whatever.

I'm in this for the long haul and won't turn down a nomination by default, but would much rather earn the respect of my peers here at PTS.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

The pipeline isn't clogged, as such.
We're kind of in the same boat, in that we are waiting for various things - and as you know, sometimes things take a bit more time than anticipated.

All I'd ask for is a little more patience - easy for me to say, I know, but bear with us.

In the meantime I'd like to ask a favour.
If anyone has a concern, please u2u me - there are lots of threads here about people resigning or having a moan, and whilst I agree with what has been expressed, I think it detracts from the forum as a whole and may even have the effect of discouraging people from reading the important stuff, like declarations and platforms.

Now that I've got a few things out of the way in the "real" world, I'll be spending more time on here than I have over the last couple of weeks, so I can safely say that any u2u will receive a same day reply - although you may need to bear in mind any time differences, as I'm in the UK.

There are more candidates, and they will be confirmed - just a little patience though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join